House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
5 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

What if you cant? Are you so sure you wont get some horrible crippling illness?

I want the country collectively to raise its game. Then we can afford all of the very best social policies.

But if society has an expectation of reward without hard work; then no; taxing the feck out of the few is not the right approach.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
10 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

Is there going to be a second election? Seeing as people have already changed their mind...That would be the only democratic thing to do... 

Yes, general elections happen at least every five years in the UK. Even if there is a desire to stick to the Fixed Term Parliament Act, I expect the next election will be sooner, because most people would prefer an election to be held earlier in the year.

HOLA446
HOLA447
23 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

So become a banker or a Landlord then.

Not everyone can be a pop star.

So you're cheering for the rentier capitalists now? Glad we've established that baseline.

We should rename this place 'House Price Boom'.

Edited by zugzwang

HOLA448
10 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

Is there going to be a second election? Seeing as people have already changed their mind...That would be the only democratic thing to do... 

Yes, general elections happen at least every five years in the UK. Even if there is a desire to stick to the Fixed Term Parliament Act, I expect the next election will be sooner, because most people would prefer an election to be held earlier in the year.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
4 minutes ago, Simhadri said:

No strong opposition. Not good for democracy.

That, I leave firmly at the door of the Remainer MPs, and certain civilians for their unceasing attempts to thwart democracy. Their (apparent comprehensively failed) attempts have led us to this situation.

Labour, who campaigned on leaving in 2017, then went on to fully try and block, frustrate, and vote against any form of leave are finding this out minute by minute.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423