House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

• Replies 145.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GrizzlyDave

• Confusion of VIs

• thehowler

• jonb2

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do.   https://twitter.com/housepricemania

1409 pages....you guys should have your own forum !!!

Oh OK. Shame that really, but hey it looks like @IMHAL helped us both out. Nice repost though, thanks ! Any thoughts ?  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

Getting that practice in before he does the same to the country....sorry I mean the poor, disabled, disadvantaged and anyone unlucky enough to get sick.

Corbyn wanted to close my kids (private) school and tax me to absolute feck.

Sorry but I can’t vote for that shit.

1 minute ago, zugzwang said:

Vernacular. It isn't a sexually transmitted disease.

No it’s something that a viable PM would not say. Words matter. How Labour presents itself matters. Any chink in the armour is an opportunity for the likes of Cummings and his troll army to exploit. 

Instead of continually compromising and choosing idealist leaders perhaps it’s time to choose someone who can speak clearly and doesn’t alienate huge numbers of voters. 

1 minute ago, zugzwang said:

Vernacular. It isn't a sexually transmitted disease.

No it’s something that a viable PM would not say. Words matter. How Labour presents itself matters. Any chink in the armour is an opportunity for the likes of Cummings and his troll army to exploit. 

Instead of continually compromising and choosing idealist leaders perhaps it’s time to choose someone who can speak clearly and doesn’t alienate huge numbers of voters. 

1 minute ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Corbyn wanted to close my kids (private) school and tax me to absolute feck.

Sorry but I can’t vote for that shit.

He wanted to tax me more as well, I still voted Labour.

I prefer being able to watch the horror stories and say to myself "I voted against that". I don't regard my personal enrichment over others as the most important thing in the universe.

I appreciate that you are looking after your nearest and dearest and maybe because of my childless state it makes it a lot easier for me to make that call, but I just cant reach that point. Maybe it will get easier now I have no sympathy for working class folks that have clearly voted for their own destitution.

18 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

Getting that practice in before he does the same to the country....sorry I mean the poor, disabled, disadvantaged and anyone unlucky enough to get sick.

It's hilarious that the left think Boris is Literally Hitler while the right think he's Tony Blair with a worse haircut and less PR sense.

Just now, Simhadri said:

Nick Clegg or any other centrists from LibDems were no match to New Labour for 13 years.

New Labour must rise to stop a 1980s style one party state.

The Lib Dems did reasonably well at the ballot box in the New Labour years - 17% in 1997, 18% in 2001, 22% in 2005, 23% 2010, and that was with an electoral system working against them.

4 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

Presentation matters but integrity matters more. Let's see how alienated voters feel after another five years of economic decline and Brexit disappointment.

3 minutes ago, Simhadri said:

Nick Clegg or any other centrists from LibDems were no match to New Labour for 13 years.

New Labour must rise to stop a 1980s style one party state.

New Labour, the Blair years - they're not wanted back. Corybn was a response to that, but not the right one. They need to find a New New Labour, and if they find one they could be in a good position next election. I expect Conservative support to drop quite a bit once Brexit is in place, since it was a good part of this election - although how much of it is pro Brexit and how much anti Corbyn...

Corbyn obviously not the solution. But neither is new labour mark two. The country hasnt voted for centrism. They have just given a majority to a populist, hard right, government to deliver brexit. If the electorate wanted centrism,  the lib dems would be gaining more than the predicted single extra seat. 

Snp and tories done well. What do they have in common? Both rode on a  wave of renewed nationalism. I personally dont like nationalism, but there it is.