House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
HOLA442
8 minutes ago, thehowler said:

Scotland will get their indy ref pretty quickly if this exit poll is accurate...

Why? Westminster isn't going to give them one. They had one and they chose to stay part of the UK. Whilst it sounds like a lot of them aren't grown up enough to make decisions demonstrations of ongoing childishness won't get them much further.

HOLA443
Just now, DiggerUK said:

The exit polls are usually within the numbers in the final count. But these exit polls are alarming.
It doesn’t match what I experienced on the doorstep, that showed traditional tories reluctant to commit, and undecided not keen on voting Tory.

Whereabouts is Optimistshire?

My observation (in Hove) was that there were fewer windows plastered with "Vote Labour" so I expect their majority will be a little smaller here. No idea if this is representative of other places. One factor here is Peter Kyle is a remainer in a remain area.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
2 minutes ago, Simhadri said:

Crazy, some journos saying Newcastle also has voted Tory it seems.

Its time Labour get their act together.

Remember from 1983 defeat, it took 14 years to get into power.

Start now with New Labour 2.0, we can't allow an entire generation of population to grow under tory rules.

Tories lack compassion, thats where New Labour combines care and aspiration.

We need BLAIR 2.0 for 2024.

No more clones of Michael Foot please.

Labour needs new blood and new energy.

Time for Heir To Blair moment for Labour.

You're not making any sense. Blair was Thatcher's heir. Unsurprisingly, he was also a complete disaster.

The current Labour Party policy agenda is the only thing that can save the UK from bankruptcy. I fear that by 2025 it will be simply too late.

HOLA448

5 minutes ago, DiggerUK said:

The exit polls are usually within the numbers in the final count. But these exit polls are alarming.
It doesn’t match what I experienced on the doorstep, that showed traditional tories reluctant to commit, and undecided not keen on voting Tory.
I don’t want to clutch at straws here, but that’s what it feels like for now. If Labour has lost then we have lost, but this is very left field until the final results come in..._

Tory voters are largely silent. They won’t get involved, the won’t jump up and down, but they will Cooley and calmly vote for their party. The final number could be even higher than the projected 368 seats.

HOLA449
1 minute ago, Simhadri said:

We may see all council homes being sold gradually in next 5 years.

Government might not build new homes in coming years.

Take heart....cardboard is still cheap...and a good insulator I hear....maybe this will form the anchor of the conservative housing policy.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
3 minutes ago, Simhadri said:

If Labour doesn't revive New Labour, we will have this tory government until 2030 with Boris becoming male version of Thatcher.

?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
2 minutes ago, Simhadri said:

I wonder what happened to the HUGE turnout among young people.

Exit poll indicates 46% vote for tories Vs 32% for Labour.

That seems little unrealistic given huge turnout among young people.

The claims of a huge turnout of young people in 2017 turned out to be false, I wouldn't be that surprised if it proved the same tonight.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425