House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

2 hours ago, thehowler said:

Doesn't exactly chime with Get Brexit Done, does it?

Why?

It could be the quickest way of getting Brexit done.

It has previously been rumoured (although in reality probably more like speculated) that Boris would secretly not mind being forced into Remaining. Maybe he would see it as back to plan A - heroic Boris trying his best but being thwarted from getting us out of the EU.    

1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

The MSM are keeping very quiet, as they must.

The information floodgates will open in 3 hours.

We must wait until then.

I hope we get record numbers of youngsters voting. Never before have the young, who were excluded from the referendum, had the chance to make such a difference with their first vote

Just voted in West Edinburgh, basically walked into an empty room, one other person leaving after having just voted and a couple looking like they were being told at least one of them wasn`t registered properly, tumbleweed central, and the vibe was like one of the more morose sketches from Chewin` The Fat , the whole area felt dead, my take is that as it is a Remain area many people are just staying away and accepting that we have to leave eventually but not wanting to actually soil themselves by taking part in the vote that confirms this. Of course I could be totally wrong and turn out during the day has been massive.......?

Varadkar is on the money here;

“I don’t think the parties looking for a second referendum want a hung parliament either. They would like to have a majority as well. I think the best thing for Ireland, for the UK, for Europe, would be to have an end to the uncertainty — so whether that’s prime minister Johnson winning with a large majority or the remain parties together winning a majority, we’ll work with whatever the outcome is. But what’s been very hard to work with is a parliament that wasn’t able to come a majority decision on anything, and I just hope we’re not in that position again tomorrow.”

1 hour ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Seems obvious to me that DA has had dementia or similar for some time...........I didn`t like her mode of presentation in the past at all, very very patronising IMO, but because she is obviously struggling I don`t criticise her any more, but unless this is some sort of joke I can`t understand how someone in her position with access to paid lackeys/PA`s whatever we want to call them can turn out like this on election day or on any day?

39 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Or someone retrieved the other shoe to save her embarrassment. Why bother to photoshop such a thing? We've all done something similar rushing to get out the house in a morning.

Might have gone out with a shirt or base/fleece layer on inside out a couple of times (quickly noticed) but two different shoes both the same foot? Most healthy adults without an illness or disability don`t do that.

3 minutes ago, dances with sheeple said:

Seems obvious to me that DA has had dementia or similar for some time...........I didn`t like her mode of presentation in the past at all, very very patronising IMO, but because she is obviously struggling I don`t criticise her any more, but unless this is some sort of joke I can`t understand how someone in her position with access to paid lackeys/PA`s whatever we want to call them can turn out like this on election day or on any day?

The last drops of respect I had for DA evaporated a while back.

2 hours ago, GrizzlyDave said:

The other tough one is where a Scottish MP may have only 30k constituents but a London MP 500k. 

There are 73 Parliamentary constituencies in London. Do you really think the population of London is more than 30 million? Are you wearing Diane Abbott's right shoes?!

19 minutes ago, Kosmin said:

Here is a guide to when each constituency is expected to declare:

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/general-election-results-2019-when-time-constituencies-first-start-who-won-vote-1336209

Does anyone know why they seem to declare in little regional clusters?

Possibly because several constituencies use one counting "station"...

8 minutes ago, dances with sheeple said:

Might have gone out with a shirt or base/fleece layer on inside out a couple of times (quickly noticed) but two different shoes both the same foot? Most healthy adults without an illness or disability don`t do that.

My missus' sister has gone out in mismatched shoes. In her forties. One slab-toe, one pointy.

Mind you, she does have a LOT of shoes. Mountains of shoes. Maybe it's a wimmin's thing.