Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 148.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • GrizzlyDave

    9502

  • Confusion of VIs

    7805

  • thehowler

    5908

  • jonb2

    5817

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do.   https://twitter.com/housepricemania

1409 pages....you guys should have your own forum !!!

Oh OK. Shame that really, but hey it looks like @IMHAL helped us both out. Nice repost though, thanks ! Any thoughts ?  

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

Outside all the bluster I cant see the lib dems not supporting him. They know all too well what happened last time and the Conservatives would never agree to the 2nd referendum asking price.

If i was a Lib Dem then the price of a Tory coalition would be...

1. Electoral reform

2. Second ref

3. Two of the four key cabinet roles (Defence, chancellor, home and foreign secretary)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GrizzlyDave said:

If i was a Lib Dem then the price of a Tory coalition would be...

1. Electoral reform

2. Second ref

3. Two of the four key cabinet roles (Defence, chancellor, home and foreign secretary)

In other words....never going to happen. There is also the trust issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scottbeard said:

Or to put it another way, I bet most of the kids queuing in the rain are indeed voting Labour.

What you don't see is the mountain of Conservative postal votes already cast by their grandparents.

The results will be fascinating.

Well, whatever happens heartening to see so many young ‘uns determined the oldies won’t steal their future.

THEY CAN CAN TAKE OUR HOUSING BUT THEYLL  NEVER ...TAKE... OUR FREEDOOM !! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

PR is the ultimate prize for smaller parties.

Given the fractured state of politics its a crime that we don't have it.

I mean, I really find the Brexit party quite repulsive but I am still not happy with the idea of the many people that vote for them being totally unrepresented. It's criminal.

Besides, the breakup of the two party system would give much needed moderation to the general tone. There is nothing like forcing people to work together to focus minds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

If i was a Lib Dem then the price of a Tory coalition would be...

1. Electoral reform

2. Second ref

3. Two of the four key cabinet roles (Defence, chancellor, home and foreign secretary)

Can't see the LibDems going in to another coalition, once bitten, twice shy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scottbeard said:

Or to put it another way, I bet most of the kids queuing in the rain are indeed voting Labour.

What you don't see is the mountain of Conservative postal votes already cast by their grandparents.

The results will be fascinating.

It would be amusing if they were all voting for the Brexit party.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, pig said:

Well, whatever happens heartening to see so many young ‘uns determined the oldies won’t steal their future.

THEY CAN CAN TAKE OUR HOUSING BUT THEYLL  NEVER ...TAKE... OUR FREEDOOM !! :)

They might all be voting to get out of the EU so we can make good trade deals with the rest of the world?

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

Given the fractured state of politics its a crime that we don't have it.

I mean, I really find the Brexit party quite repulsive but I am still not happy with the idea of the many people that vote for them being totally unrepresented. It's criminal.

Besides, the breakup of the two party system would give much needed moderation to the general tone. There is nothing like forcing people to work together to focus minds.

I agree.

I think UKIP had 4mil votes and 8% of the vote in 2015 and got 1 MP.

that’s scandalous...!

 

Edit; here you go. Look at the results!

election-results-952734.jpg

Edited by GrizzlyDave
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dances with sheeple said:

They might all be voting to get out of the EU so we can make good trade deals with the rest of the world?

Lol who knows.

Does sound a little mental in London - couple of texts from friends talking about queues in the afternoon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Canvassing revealed to our teams that there are a good number of undecideds who don't want to vote Tory, but unsure of how to vote. But as the Tory mp is far above 50% of votes in the last election, we are hardly likely to take the seat.

What we did find was that some of the Tory voters were unsure as to wether they would even vote. In this constituency it will be of little difference I imagine.......but in Tory marginals?
I am convinced Labour will do better than last time, and that the tories will underperform. But to what extent? ask me tomorrow.
 

I have every belief that Labour could get a working majority. It will be revealing what happens to the Scottish seats, there are 13 tory seats from 2017 up for grabs by Labour and SNP.

If Labour forms a government by forming an alliance it would probably be with the SNP. There is also a real chance the SDLP could get at least one seat back, possibly two. It would be political suicide to form an alliance with LibDems..._

As an aside the Brexit Party PPC was stood down here, there was a lot of anger towards the tories from their activists. What those voters who would have voted for the Brexit party will do is an unknown..._

Edited by DiggerUK
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DiggerUK said:

Canvassing revealed to our teams that there are a good number of undecideds who don't want to vote Tory, but unsure of how to vote. But as the Tory mp is far above 50% of votes in the last election, we are hardly likely to take the seat.

What we did find was that some of the Tory voters were unsure as to wether they would even vote. In this constituency it will be of little difference I imagine.......but in Tory marginals?
I am convinced Labour will do better than last time, and that the tories will underperform. But to what extent? ask me tomorrow.
 

I have every belief that Labour could get a working majority. It will be revealing what happens to the Scottish seats, there are 13 tory seats from 2017 up for grabs by Labour and SNP.

If Labour forms a government by forming an alliance it would probably be with the SNP. There is also a real chance the SDLP could get at least one seat back, possibly two. It would be political suicide to form an alliance with LibDems..._

As an aside the Brexit Party PPC was stood down here, there was a lot of anger towards the tories from their activists. What those voters who would have voted for the Brexit party will do is an unknown..._

Have you seen the odds on a Labour majority full stop ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

Like the ones we already have? Those ones?

Maybe the people in line know we could have spent three and a half years making deals if politicians had accepted the vote, instead of a Remain cabal (how many will keep their seats tonight?) doing everything in their power to stop the people having their say?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dances with sheeple said:

Maybe the people in line know we could have spent three and a half years making deals if politicians had accepted the vote, instead of a Remain cabal (how many will keep their seats tonight?) doing everything in their power to stop the people having their say?

Hopefully not BJ, Raab and IDS.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.