Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 150k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • GrizzlyDave

    9502

  • Confusion of VIs

    7871

  • thehowler

    5908

  • jonb2

    5833

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do.   https://twitter.com/housepricemania

1409 pages....you guys should have your own forum !!!

Oh OK. Shame that really, but hey it looks like @IMHAL helped us both out. Nice repost though, thanks ! Any thoughts ?  

Posted Images

Tactical voting will hit Tories in marginals.

Muslim vote going in block to Labour in marginals.

Hindu vote split evenly between Tories and Labour.

BAME mostly Labour.

White van men mostly tory.

Majority female vote going Labour.

Its tightening for Tories and not an easy walk this time too.

Some projections from Liverpool/Manchester/Leeds saying Tories failed to get breakthrough in North England while losing sets in London and Scotland.

The only place Tories are going to gain seats is Wales.

Boris messed it up in last 3 days with his mistakes with journalists.

Seems lots of young people are excited to go and vote tomorrow and we may see "Oh Jeremy Corbyn" brigade in full swing at polling stations tomorrow.

This election is the most thrilling since 1992.

This will be a litmus test to Murdoch media's manipulating power.

Brexit has divided people in strange groups and its no longer Left Vs Right battle.

Link to post
Share on other sites

??

Quote

Although some species do prefer to live in dark, quiet areas, some cockroaches love the light as much as we do. They'll gather near windows or on television screens at night. Most of the time, cockroaches don't run because they fear the light; they do so because they fear you.

Edited by DarkHorseWaits-NoMore
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Simhadri said:

Tactical voting will hit Tories in marginals.

Muslim vote going in block to Labour in marginals.

Hindu vote split evenly between Tories and Labour.

BAME mostly Labour.

White van men mostly tory.

Majority female vote going Labour.

Its tightening for Tories and not an easy walk this time too.

Some projections from Liverpool/Manchester/Leeds saying Tories failed to get breakthrough in North England while losing sets in London and Scotland.

The only place Tories are going to gain seats is Wales.

Boris messed it up in last 3 days with his mistakes with journalists.

Seems lots of young people are excited to go and vote tomorrow and we may see "Oh Jeremy Corbyn" brigade in full swing at polling stations tomorrow.

This election is the most thrilling since 1992.

This will be a litmus test to Murdoch media's manipulating power.

Brexit has divided people in strange groups and its no longer Left Vs Right battle.

A lot of what has happened in this election has been ‘under the radar’ on SM.

Look at the panicky machinations and dumping of fake news around the kid with pneumonia - apparently even millions  of NHS staff were unsure if the story was true.

Hiding in fridges, bullsh1tting about the terrorist murders and so on seems to indicate BJs regime is more concerned about SM than the more critical MSM - if it can be called ‘main’ anymore.

It depends on whether people believe/are brainwashed by all the unfiltered stuff they’re exposed to on facebook or have the means or will to stay informed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

...also with the WTO Brexit message from Farage..

I don’t think it’s to do with the WTO it’s simply BJs messaging targeted at BP voters - BP is a fake party anyway. 


Remainers seem a lot more reluctant to simply revoke than Brexiters are to crash out on WTO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, pig said:

I don’t think it’s to do with the WTO it’s simply BJs messaging targeted at BP voters - BP is a fake party anyway. 


Remainers seem a lot more reluctant to simply revoke than Brexiters are to crash out on WTO.

Weren't the BXP calling Boris's deal a "betrayal" (or any deal for that matter)?  Its ideological for them.  If you were hardcore in those sort of beliefs, then you wouldn't be tempted to vote for the Tories...Anything bar leaving the solar system is seen as a betrayal to them...

Indeed, its a limited company..

Edited by Dave Beans
Link to post
Share on other sites

So that's it, tomorrow we decide and it looks like the North will be voting for a true man of the people. BJ, the man who has to keep denying that he burned £50 notes in front of homeless people for a laugh.

Boris-Dave-and-George-Buller-1987-Daily-

In the South, the historical Tory heartland, tactical voting looks like costing BJ some seats that he would otherwise have won, maybe even his own. Fingers crossed on that one.

Michel Barnier says it's not possible to get Brexit done by the end of 2020, but no one seems to care.

How anyone could vote for BJ is beyond me, but they voted for Blair in their droves and I felt the same about him.

I live in an ultra safe Tory constituency so even though I will vote tactically to get the Tories out, in truth my vote is pretty meaningless.

All very depressing.

https://www.remainunited.org/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

I'm predicting a hung Parliament, tactical voting killing the Cons.

My prediction is a Conservative majority - but a very small one, say 10-15. 

Possibly the worst possible result, as it would imply the country is still totally divided but give BJ free reign!

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

My prediction is a Conservative majority - but a very small one, say 10-15. 

Possibly the worst possible result, as it would imply the country is still totally divided but give BJ free reign!

Sadly, that is my conclusion too. We are going to go through a hard learning curve, the end result imo will be a realisation the Brexit is anything but oven ready. Eyes will be opened in the process but the drawbridge will not be open, the bridges burned. We will be open to the elements and I solemnly fear that we are not cognisant of what awaits us. Nationalism and populism will be found wanting.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

Sadly, that is my conclusion too. We are going to go through a hard learning curve, the end result imo will be a realisation the Brexit is anything but oven ready. Eyes will be opened in the process but the drawbridge will not be open, the bridges burned. We will be open to the elements and I solemnly fear that we are not cognisant of what awaits us. Nationalism and populism will be found wanting.  

Sometimes you just have to let people make the mistakes before they can learn from them ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, scottbeard said:

Sometimes you just have to let people make the mistakes before they can learn from them ?

Aye...we are at that stage. I look forward to GD coming back to us and telling us how STEMS has progressed, due to Brexit. Lots of jam tomorrow and excuses in the offing me thinks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

He’s not a posh goon he’s a known liar, shyster, and coward. That is the filth you will be voting for and that speaks volumes about your own character. 

Marxism as a creed is evil and I guess your lesser travelled and unlike me Never had a parent who lived under it. 

Have you never lied ? Have you never thought I should of been a bit braver there ?, have you never bent The truth for your own ends ?

He with no sin etc

Classic Tory hater - no understanding of themselves or the human condition 

it’s a simple choice between hope (and yes  of course that is built off the crumbs of the 1%) and drag me back to the 70’s and bankrupt the country 

The good news is because of Mrs Thatcher I had opportunities - the question is will you under a highly taxed, business hating far left government in your prime earning years ?

Your comment says a lot about your intellect - I guess if I chose to I could work on my perceived character flaws ......??

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

So that's it, tomorrow we decide and it looks like the North will be voting for a true man of the people. BJ, the man who has to keep denying that he burned £50 notes in front of homeless people for a laugh.

Boris-Dave-and-George-Buller-1987-Daily-

In the South, the historical Tory heartland, tactical voting looks like costing BJ some seats that he would otherwise have won, maybe even his own. Fingers crossed on that one.

Michel Barnier says it's not possible to get Brexit done by the end of 2020, but no one seems to care.

How anyone could vote for BJ is beyond me, but they voted for Blair in their droves and I felt the same about him.

I live in an ultra safe Tory constituency so even though I will vote tactically to get the Tories out, in truth my vote is pretty meaningless.

All very depressing.

https://www.remainunited.org/

 


When I was a Tory member and used to dress like the above most members used to laugh at northerners.

I bet they find the current state of affairs even more hysterical.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:


When I was a Tory member and used to dress like the above most members used to laugh at northerners.

I bet they find the current state of affairs even more hysterical.

When I was a Tory member I never dressed like the above, nor would I attend any event that required more than a normal business suit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.





×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.