Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.


Recommended Posts

My position isn't completely black and white, so I'll certainly give you nuclear fusion as something exciting to look forward to, and I wish more effort and resources were being directed towards it (with the benefit of hindsight I might've tried to get involved in it - I studied physics at university). Could've done with throwing the HS2 money at ITER...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

My position isn't completely black and white, so I'll certainly give you nuclear fusion as something exciting to look forward to, and I wish more effort and resources were being directed towards it (with the benefit of hindsight I might've tried to get involved in it - I studied physics at university). Could've done with throwing the HS2 money at ITER...

I see green innovation in both high technology and low technology.

For example using bamboo as a construction material instead of aluminium or steel...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, that's put the cat amongst the pigeons.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-delay-boris-johnson-deal-general-election-eu-barnier-leak-deadline-a9242346.html

Brexit trade negotiations cannot be finished in the timeframe claimed by Boris Johnson, the EU's chief negotiator has privately admitted – blowing a hole in the prime minister's big election promise to "get Brexit done".

In a leaked recording obtained by The Independent, Michel Barnier tells a private meeting that the UK's 11-month timetable to wrap up trade talks by 2021 is "unrealistic" and suggests negotiations will drag on until long after the end of next year.

"With regards to this agreement, we will not get everything done in 11 months. We will do all we can – we won’t do it all," Mr Barnier can be heard telling a group of senior MEPs at the closed meeting in the EU capital this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

So let’s get this correct, there are posters on here who are going to vote for a known liar and shyster who hides in fridges. 

or a man who invited 2 IRA members to the houses of parliament weeks after the Brighton bombings, stood in a minutes silence for IRA gunmen shot dead by Gov authorised forces, said Hamas and Hezbollah are his friends, said the death of Osama Bin laden was a tragedy, blames Tunisia terror attack on austerity and on and on and on

Yep I would vote for a posh goon who likes fridges rather than this piece of dirt - I am sure there are others..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

So let’s get this correct, there are posters on here who are going to vote for a known liar and shyster who hides in fridges. 

Who hides in large fridges; that' the decider. I could never vote for anyone who hides in small fridges as they are clearly not serious people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/12/2019 at 14:55, crouch said:

I think it goes much deeper than that. Most have no appreciation of the complexity and difficulty of government. In a democracy there are many constituencies that government has to pay attention to: if HS2 crosses a bird sanctuary then you just can't ignore the fact and press on; there are pressure groups that have to be heard. I gave an example in an earlier post of what might be meant when it's said that the NHS is underfunded; it's actually a very complicated matter deciding what the size of the NHS should be.

There's also the fact that we've delegated a lot of things either to the EU or to the nations on devolution so the average MP has been deskilled over the years and it shows.  

To provide  high quality health care we need roughly 30% more doctors, nurses and hospital beds. How much this costs will depend on how efficiently we run the healthcare system but unless you believe all of the other highly developed economies are hugely over providing health services those numbers are where we need to head.

Was the average MP ever particularly skilled? I think the problems you refer to arise from the deskilling of the civil service and the transfer of power over policy development and implementation to political special advisors. 

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Was the average MP ever particularly skilled? I think the problems you refer to arise from the deskilling of the civil service and the transfer of power over policy development and implementation to political special advisors.

An interesting point. These SPADS seem to always be young and, whilst experience doesn't count for everything, it does account for something and I do wonder if some of these people are really qualified for the roles they hold.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, smash said:

Yep, we're pulling out of the EU and Euratom. I'm sure this has been brought up before and Dave has got some "we'll still be involved" type line.

We can probably rejoin as an independent country but its going to cost us to buy back into all that research that we already paid for.

Brexit, the gift that just keeps giving

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GregBowman said:

or a man who invited 2 IRA members to the houses of parliament weeks after the Brighton bombings, stood in a minutes silence for IRA gunmen shot dead by Gov authorised forces, said Hamas and Hezbollah are his friends, said the death of Osama Bin laden was a tragedy, blames Tunisia terror attack on austerity and on and on and on

Yep I would vote for a posh goon who likes fridges rather than this piece of dirt - I am sure there are others..

He’s not a posh goon he’s a known liar, shyster, and coward. That is the filth you will be voting for and that speaks volumes about your own character. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Food bank volunteer in BJ's seat:

He's a very clever man... He's popular and lots of my friends will be voting for him...
I'm voting for Boris.. Praying he will win...
?‍♀️
image.png.0583f51ba76ad4981e3dc4f1c27d224d.png

True propaganda power.
? Phuckin sad.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Con 350 seats

Lib 65 seats

SNP 50 seats

Green 3 seats

SF 5 seats

PC 5 seats

DUP 10 seats

Labour 150 seats

Indi the rest

You may be furthest out on the Lib Dems. Odds are 14/1 they get 30-39 MPs and 150/1 they get more than 60.

150 would be Labour's 8th lowest number of MPs in a general election. They last received less than 150 in 1931. They only slightly exceeded this in 1935 with 154 MPs. 

Edited by Kosmin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Kosmin said:

You may be furthest out on the Lib Dems. Odds are 14/1 they get 30-39 MPs and 150/1 they get more than 60.

150 would be Labour's 8th lowest number of MPs in a general election. They last received less than 150 in 1931. They only slightly exceeded this in 1935 with 154 MPs. 

Yep looks like I’m way out on the Lib Dem’s. I wasn’t predicting how toxic the revoke A50 message would be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.