Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
GreenDevil

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, crouch said:

I thought the whole point was to be more independent rather than go down the track of potential if not probable EU hegemony. It's arguable, and I would argue it, that you cannot keep 27 disparate countries together without some degree of authoritarianism and that the long term choice is effectively between an authoritarian federal state or an EU that is increasingly authoritarian and failing at the same time.

It's the UK that used military force within its borders.  The EU is simply a negotiating space, and if you can't negotiate the same benefits from outside, tough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, crouch said:

Is there a poster that I can put up in my bedroom; it'll be nice next to the red Ferrari 275 GTB?

Maybe you can put me up in your bedroom, but is there enough room if you keep your Ferrari in there as well?

Edited by Kosmin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

I will be voting tactically to get the Tories out.

Yes we know that because you're posting it about four times a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

Yes we know that because you're posting it about four times a day.

Yup, I post it every time one of the Brexiteers pushes the get Brexit done agenda.

Vote tactically to get the Tories out... Listen to what Alastair Campbell has to say....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw Ch4, working class voters in focus groups all saying they resonate with Boris's vacuas BS and see Corbyn as untrustworthy and say they don't know what he stands for... WTF unbelievable.

If the UK public really do vote for 5 more years of BJ with a Tory majority after 10 years of being slapped down with austerity then they deserve to eat it. We can pretty much kiss goodbye to the UK union within a decade.

 

 

Edited by DarkHorseWaits-NoMore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems lame to blame the press. However, they have gone from being partisan to boris johnson cheerleaders. Alongside a  cowardly bbc this lack of scrutiny is toxic for democracy. This isnt just left wing imaginings, the same thing has been said by the conservative journalist peter oborne. 

It would be difficult to think of four more unprincipled, vile politicians than johnson, gove, javid and patel in one government. Without scrutiny and checks on their power they will be very dangerous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DarkHorseWaits-NoMore said:

Just saw Ch4, working class voters in focus groups all saying they resonate with Boris's vacuas BS and see Corbyn as untrustworthy and say they don't know what he stands for... WTF unbelievable.

If the UK public really do vote for 5 more years of BJ with a Tory majority after 10 years of being slapped down with austerity then they deserve to eat it. We can pretty much kiss goodbye to the UK union within a decade.

 

 

Channel 4 News? I agree some idiots are just too thicko to save themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, thecrashingisles said:

It's the UK that used military force within its borders.  The EU is simply a negotiating space, and if you can't negotiate the same benefits from outside, tough.

collageERTA-795x447.jpgDt6wsJUU8AELhbt.jpg

resistance is fEUtile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nothernsoul said:

It would be difficult to think of four more unprincipled, vile politicians than johnson, gove, javid and patel in one government. Without scrutiny and checks on their power they will be very dangerous. 

Guess you weren't around when our politicians took us into disastrous wars that cost lives. I know it's fashionable to paint Boris as supreme evil but it's hokum, he's a lightweight compared to previous PMs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

Vote tactically to get the Tories out... Listen to what Alastair Campbell has to say....

 

 

I did read his letter to Corbs in the Gruniad...after he was thrown out of Labour for tactical voting!

The culture you have helped to create has made the party one that I feel no longer truly represents my values, or the hopes I have for Britain. I see no strategy in place that remotely meets the electoral or policy challenges ahead. On the contrary, in so far as I ascertain a strategy at all, it is one that looks more designed to lose.

I don't find his call for tactical voting convincing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

I spend a lot of time in France. My French friends don't think any less of us, the people, but they don't think much of BJ..... "he is crazy man" they say with an understanding smile. 

What do they think of the banker`s stooge running their own country?

Edited by dances with sheeple

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

I'm hoping that whatever deal Labour may strike with the EU will be voted down, in favour of remain, in the promised confirmatory referendum.

 

More likely that if JC scrapes in but there are strong numbers for Leave EVERYTHING  will get voted down before it happens  and we get No Deal which will be a spectacle worth seeing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jonb2 said:

We were.

Publicly, where we are now, compared to the great optimism of 2016, is the distance to the sun and probably beyond as things unfold (unravels?).

Privately, in distance terms, the elites 'running' Brexit are just round the corner in getting what they always wanted.

It's coming home.

Nah, the "optimism" was that the politicians would do what they were told, that has just turned to anger that the politicians didn`t do what they were told, nothing to do with wanting to just run back to the EU because Brexit is "too difficult" :lol: People know who is blocking us leaving and they will vote accordingly IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, crouch said:

I haven't made myself clear. "Government" includes the senior civil service. On a day to day basis the EU interfaces not with the clowns at Westminster but the senior representatives such as Sir Ivan Rogers. Although these people do not ultimately make policy they are the normal "face" of the government and these people are there as a permanent cadre.

I thought they were the enemies of the people ? Aren't they meant to be resigning or being sacked ?

10 hours ago, crouch said:

BJ is a clown and certainly not my choice of PM, or anything for that matter, but you can lay too much stress on personalities.

I like it ! The future, the PM don't exist. Feeling much happier already :) 

10 hours ago, crouch said:

Not at all. But if you choose to see conspiracies everywhere fine.

Lol ...do you mean your global security agencies coordinating fantasy secrets conspiracy ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dances with sheeple said:

More likely that if JC scrapes in but there are strong numbers for Leave EVERYTHING  will get voted down before it happens  and we get No Deal which will be a spectacle worth seeing.

No different to the Torys then. A vote for them is a vote for no deal, why else is the ERG so happy to support the rehashed TM deal that they hated so much?

I am almost wanting it to happen now, the spectacle will be a sight to behold. Either utterly brilliant as leave promised or utterly awful as remain promised.

Either happy with my error of judgement or happy to be correct, win win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, pig said:

I thought they were the enemies of the people ? Aren't they meant to be resigning or being sacked ?

You've been reading too much fake news.

9 hours ago, pig said:

I like it ! The future, the PM don't exist. Feeling much happier already :) 

Good! Something positive pierces the gloom.

9 hours ago, pig said:

Lol ...do you mean your global security agencies coordinating fantasy secrets conspiracy ?

I'm not usually a fan of conspiracy theories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, thehowler said:

Guess you weren't around when our politicians took us into disastrous wars that cost lives. I know it's fashionable to paint Boris as supreme evil but it's hokum, he's a lightweight compared to previous PMs.

But BJ is showing great potential in this respect (a liar and deceitful toad)...and it is early days for him yet with 120 days in office. The price to pay for and during the process of forging a US trade deal will be complete obedience and loyalty to Trump.... I am sure that will not come at zero cost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, thehowler said:

Guess you weren't around when our politicians took us into disastrous wars that cost lives. I know it's fashionable to paint Boris as supreme evil but it's hokum, he's a lightweight compared to previous PMs.

Boris is self serving and a liar.  I don’t think any other PM in my lifetime has been more so.

Also, if he presided over bad social and NHS policy decisions that could easily claim the lives of more UK citizens than recent wars - far more people three days die on waiting lists than battlefields.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

But BJ is showing great potential in this respect (a liar and deceitful toad)...and it is early days for him yet with 120 days in office. The price to pay for and during the process of forging a US trade deal will be complete obedience and loyalty to Trump.... I am sure that will not come at zero cost. 

Have you not noticed the trade compromises the EU is already making with the US? Probably not, they receive very little press coverage in the UK. We've already got tariffs on metals, liquor etc, WTO ruling yesterday found against EU on subsidies for Airbus etc which could lead to more punitive US tariffs, there's talk of new tariffs - 100% on champagne - against France over the new digital tax and the long-standing auto tariff issue is still unresolved.

The EU is slowly working towards new trade arrangements with the US, this is something we'll have to face even if we were part of the bloc. But it doesn't suit the bogeyman US/UK trade deal narrative.

In other news, I see the NHS leaked report that Labour brandished is now thought to have been released by Russian hackers/sources...

Gruniad, ref only...

Leaked documents said by Labour to prove that the NHS was “on the table” in trade talks with the US were initially disseminated online by anonymous posters operating in a way similar to a Russian information operation known as Secondary Infektion, according to a social media research firm.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/02/nhs-cache-leak-first-circulated-online-by-group-similar-to-russian-operation

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thehowler said:

Have you not noticed the trade compromises the EU is already making with the US? Probably not, they receive very little press coverage in the UK. We've already got tariffs on metals, liquor etc, WTO ruling yesterday found against EU on subsidies for Airbus etc which could lead to more punitive US tariffs, there's talk of new tariffs - 100% on champagne - against France over the new digital tax and the long-standing auto tariff issue is still unresolved.

The EU is slowly working towards new trade arrangements with the US, this is something we'll have to face even if we were part of the bloc. But it doesn't suit the bogeyman US/UK trade deal narrative.

In other news, I see the NHS leaked report that Labour brandished is now thought to have been released by Russian hackers/sources...

Gruniad, ref only...

Leaked documents said by Labour to prove that the NHS was “on the table” in trade talks with the US were initially disseminated online by anonymous posters operating in a way similar to a Russian information operation known as Secondary Infektion, according to a social media research firm.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/02/nhs-cache-leak-first-circulated-online-by-group-similar-to-russian-operation

 

That is all part of the horse trading that goes with any trade deal, nothing to do with any narrative....no one is naive enough to think this won't happen in any event. The issue is one of negotiating power, and desperation. We have less power outside the EU and we will be in a weak negotiating position. This will have direct consequences on how we will proceed with any US FTA...what we are willing to do in exchange for consessions...within the boundaries of trade and outside of them (ie foreign affairs). 

What I am talking about is the type of loyalty and obedience that we will have to show the US to secure a better trade deal. BJ does not seem the type of person who will resist stepping over any red lines.... you may think differently...but he has form in this respect. I see our future as fully alligned with, aiding and abetting the US in its foreign endeavours and other US strategic initiatives... two systems one nation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

  • 337 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.