House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

2 minutes ago, ccc said:

Within ten years. 

And no ten years is not a long time for something 58 years in the making. 

It's over. Only the blind cannot see this. And only because they don't want to see this. 

I doubt it is over, but agree it needs to evolve.

Just think if Germany looked at the big picture and agreed to a financial union it would be richer and more secure than the USA.   

• Replies 145.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GrizzlyDave

• Confusion of VIs

• thehowler

• jonb2

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do.   https://twitter.com/housepricemania

1409 pages....you guys should have your own forum !!!

Oh OK. Shame that really, but hey it looks like @IMHAL helped us both out. Nice repost though, thanks ! Any thoughts ?  

Posted Images

As ive said before - as we leave thats more money the other countries will have to pay in for less return. Next country - same again. It's a snowball affect.

I would wish you all happy Christmas but im a Muslim athiest 8th day evangelist !!

Yes I am nuts. :wacko:

16 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Not sure how relevant this is. I was working in Germany at Siemens in the early 90s and English was there working language then. This has been the nor for German multi nationals for decades.   

Interesting. I was at Siemens Munich from 87 to 91 and they certainly didn't speak or work in English then. Most people could speak reasonable (but not fluent) English though. I had to speak German and documentation was in German.

That poll is from specifically readers of two newspapers. The story is comparing this to the actual referendum result that was from the full population of that constituency.

To compare the two and act like this tells us anything is quite ridiculous.

But I'm sure you realised this otherwise you wouldn't have posted it....Oh wait a second...:lol:

42 minutes ago, ccc said:

That poll is from specifically readers of two newspapers. The story is comparing this to the actual referendum result that was from the full population of that constituency.

To compare the two and act like this tells us anything is quite ridiculous.

But I'm sure you realised this otherwise you wouldn't have posted it....Oh wait a second...:lol:

They're comparing it with the same poll from March which showed 80% for Leave.  That's a big change.

It actually compares to both.

Do you really believe there has been a shift from 80% to 37% since March within the same group of people ?

However they are conducting this alleged 'poll' is seriously flawed as those numbers are ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, ccc said:

It actually compares to both.

Do you really believe there has been a shift from 80% to 37% since March within the same group of people ?

However they are conducting this alleged 'poll' is seriously flawed as those numbers are ridiculous.

Even a non-scientific poll can be revealing if it shows this kind of movement.  Bregret seems to be a real thing.  Perhaps people are looking at the absence of a plan 6 months later and realising that they've been sold a pup.

1 hour ago, thecrashingisles said:

Even a non-scientific poll can be revealing if it shows this kind of movement.  Bregret seems to be a real thing.  Perhaps people are looking at the absence of a plan 6 months later and realising that they've been sold a pup.

The poll – the biggest online news questionnaire this paper has carried out – saw nearly 10,000 people respond to five questions on what readers thought of Brexit since the historic vote.

Jeeze, Only the remoaners would bother to vote in such a poll. Get a grip! :lol:

2 hours ago, thecrashingisles said:

It doesn't show any sort of movement.

The fact the number has changed from 80 to 37 shows this 'poll' is nonsense. 

It's self explanatory !!

18 hours ago, davidg said:

Interesting. I was at Siemens Munich from 87 to 91 and they certainly didn't speak or work in English then. Most people could speak reasonable (but not fluent) English though. I had to speak German and documentation was in German.

I was at the Perlach site from 90 to 93. The official language for management meetings was English. This didn't mean everyone had to speak English at the working level but management meetings were held and minuted in English. Everyone I worked with spoke fluent English and automatically switched to English if a non German was in the room.

Use Brexit to steal UK trade, says Trump aide

“I recommend that Cyprus should adopt and immediately announce even more liberal financial service policies than it already has so that it can try to take advantage of the inevitable relocations that will occur during the period of confusion,” he said. Britain’s departure from the EU was a “God-given opportunity” for the City’s financial rivals, he added, naming Frankfurt and Dublin in particular.

Wilbur Ross, the billionaire incoming commerce secretary, has the task of striking a free trade deal with Britain. His comments will increase fears that the US will seek to take advantage of British isolation after its departure from the European Union.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/use-brexit-to-steal-uk-trade-says-trump-aide-22rkpmfr7

Doesn't look like we will be getting any sort of sweetheart trade deal with the US.

12 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/use-brexit-to-steal-uk-trade-says-trump-aide-22rkpmfr7

Doesn't look like we will be getting any sort of sweetheart trade deal with the US.

I take it you read the full article ...not :lol:

Edited by long time lurking

Mr Ross was said to have made his comments to an audience of Cypriot financiers in the days following last June's referendum vote.
The comments were made before he had been appointed to Mr Trump's cabinet.

"I recommend that Cyprus should adopt and immediately announce even more liberal financial service policies than it already has so that it can try to take advantage of the inevitable relocations that will occur during the period of confusion," he is quoted as saying.

Remoaners clutching at straws I think. :lol:

Source :- http://news.sky.com/story/donald-trump-aide-wilbur-ross-use-brexit-to-steal-uk-trade-10707632

3 hours ago, XswampyX said:

French TV had a report on the Brexit a couple of days ago and the banks were talked about, particularly whether Paris would pick up a huge amount of banking business. The experts that were interviewed concluded that there was zero change of the banks moving out of the city for all the reasons they were currently there including an experienced labour pool, infrastructure, good place to do business. At most they would move the pass-porting operations offshore but were more than likely just going to run brassplates with as few staff as they could get away with in some European center. That could be Paris due to the Eurostar links.