House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

• Replies 147.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GrizzlyDave

• Confusion of VIs

• thehowler

• jonb2

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do.   https://twitter.com/housepricemania

1409 pages....you guys should have your own forum !!!

Oh OK. Shame that really, but hey it looks like @IMHAL helped us both out. Nice repost though, thanks ! Any thoughts ?  

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

No...you admit you don't know that there is a pan. I asked you for the plan. So there is no point in implying that there is since there does not appear to be one. You asked me to define credible and I said that it would be subject to scrutiny. So far, no plan in sight, no scrutiny, therefore no credibility. 

Quite right I don't. 

If there was a "plan" why would you assume that I would have it? The fact that I don't have it does not mean that one does not exist - even in your terms.

11 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

It is my understanding that the Leave camp have control of the reigns, they are the ones 'making our new future', it is up to them to produce that plan. We can then decide if that plan will indeed make us poorer or richer. That's how the world works.

Government is responsible for this. Why would you assume that any plan(s) would be published for your scrutiny.

As for the plan making us poorer or richer you yourself have said that a plan is just that; it does not determine outcomes and requires adjustment as time goes on.

You want to say Brexit is unequivocally bad and you can't. 

51 minutes ago, thehowler said:

I think they'll have to stop a PM calling prorogue for any length, whenever they want. So I expect some constraints or recommendations. Don't see how they can do that without finding against govt but maybe they'll find a way.

Still reckon 7-4 for govt.

Parliment makes the laws not government. The government has to abide by the law.

Shutting down parliment because the government doesn't hold a majority  was never going to be acceptable.

10 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Remainer stitch up.

BIND

I think this is a good decision. I applaud it.

It clearly emphasises the rule of law which underpins everything and speaks to the robustness of our institutions.

Many of the Remain persuasion will be crowing over this but I believe this will be short lived; its effect on Brexit will be minimal.

2 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

No. That simple won't do. The court up held the rights of our sovereign  parliament  to scrutinise government. No ifs or buts or supplementary nonsense.

Parliament did scrutinize govt. They passed new legislation binding the govt to express their wishes. They had their voice.

But I don't think that really undermines the court decision.

But I'm afraid it just takes us another step towards getting Farage or equivalent.

5 minutes ago, crouch said:

It clearly emphasises the rule of law which underpins everything and speaks to the robustness of our institutions.

Many of the Remain persuasion will be crowing over this but I believe this will be short lived; its effect on Brexit will be minimal.

media:14dfe78f9bf44f2db71e5bf172417e67Br

3 minutes ago, crouch said:

No crowing from me. It is about protecting a sovereign parliament from a rogue government. And that goes to a government of any political complexion

We must and should learn from the experience of the Weimar Republic and the usurping of democratic rule by a totalitarian regime.

6 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

I have just heard a bit more of the judgement.

The court clearly regards Johnson as contemptable, can he even survive? 

Combination of common sense and what the consequences would have been of finding for the government I'd say.

Ordinarily of course Johnson would have to resign - but ordinarily he shouldn't have tried to pervert democracy in the first place. At the end of the say his supporters will spin it the way they need to carry on believing so he'll stay in power.

7 minutes ago, allfiredup said:

No 'reasonable justification'?

What about believing parliament is out of control or even borderline psychotic, they were creating emergency new laws to push their agenda, and even voting against asking the people at a GE!

The reality was Parliament was in control, perfectly entitled to push its agenda and to choose the timing of any GE.

11-0  And still Leavers blathering about legal issues they don't understand all over the internet.