House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

• Replies 147.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GrizzlyDave

• Confusion of VIs

• thehowler

• jonb2

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do.   https://twitter.com/housepricemania

1409 pages....you guys should have your own forum !!!

Oh OK. Shame that really, but hey it looks like @IMHAL helped us both out. Nice repost though, thanks ! Any thoughts ?  

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

.....thought so

Yes - you can't. You can't answer quite basic questions.

The departments handling trade negotiations would probably have not only a plan but would also do forecasts of the impact of individual trade agreements which would have a far higher degree of accuracy than your conception of the "Grand Forecast" which is quite pointless.

13 minutes ago, crouch said:

Yes - you can't. You can't answer quite basic questions.

The departments handling trade negotiations would probably have not only a plan but would also do forecasts of the impact of individual trade agreements which would have a far higher degree of accuracy than your conception of the "Grand Forecast" which is quite pointless.

Frankly, I don't believe there is a plan.

I don't believe there is a defined objective. I don't believe that a plan has been formulated to meet any objective. I don't believe that we have any forecasts because there is no plan.

I believe that the objective has not been defined because, if defined, it would be either unachievable or so poor in relation to what we have now that it would be laughed at. Similarly for any forecast and plan based on the objective.

Credibile in my view means able to withstand scrutiny. 

You assume there is a plan and forecast. Given our governments perfomance to date, that is speculation on the grandest of scales. I think they're winging it and I think you are indulging in your fantasy.

This is just an extension of Project Unicorn.

Edited by IMHAL

The NCA have just announced that Arron Banks inquiry has found no evidence his loan monies were illegal or obtained from any third party. So no smoking gun. I'd like the whole thing to go to a public inquiry, to see what merit there is to claims from both sides. But allegations must be founded on evidence.

Doubt this will make the headlines given supreme court announcement due in an hour or so...

For ref only to this discussion...

The NCA has found no evidence that any criminal offences have been committed under PPERA or company law by any of the individuals or organisations referred to it by the Electoral Commission. It will therefore take no further action against Mr Banks, Ms Bilney, Better for the Country Ltd or Leave.EU in respect of this specific matter.

https://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk/news/public-statement-on-nca-investigation-into-suspected-eu-referendum-offences

So I've been right all along - we're gonna be the USA's bitch poodle

https://www.aljazeera.com/ajimpact/boris-johnson-post-brexit-plan-woe-businesses-190923215931898.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-johnson-business/johnson-uk-to-roll-out-red-carpet-to-u-s-firms-post-brexit-idUSKBN1W82MB

https://www.dailywire.com/news/52127/british-pm-boris-johnson-if-us-attacks-iran-i-hank-berrien

Puerto Rico without the sun

The good 'ol USA - home of the sub-prime crisis, Wall Street greed, the opioid crisis, the Orwellian Tech companies, a healthcare system only the rich can afford, oil wars, dodgy food, the zero hour contract and HQ for the climate deniers. A country where only money matters. Because if you ain't got enough, you're fecked.

... and you think the EU is bad?

18 hours ago, zugzwang said:

Even Adam Smith knew that the unregulated free market was likely to lead a concentration of power in fewer and fewer hands as business owners conspired amongst themselves to defraud their customers.

The game of Monopoly was originally developed to demonstrate that outcome. Too bad so many people took it as a set of instructions rather than a warning...

1 hour ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

What result? 

Oh you mean the non binding referendum, that would have been declared illegal if it had been binding? 

There is no result to be respected and there is was no poll on the will of the people. 

and we have always been at war with Eurasia.

25 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

Frankly, I don't believe there is a plan.

I don't believe there is a defined objective. I don't believe that a plan has been formulated to meet any objective. I don't believe that we have any forecasts because there is no plan.

I believe that the objective has not been defined because, if defined, it would be either unachievable or so poor in relation to what we have now that it would be laughed at. Similarly for any forecast and plan based on the objective.

Credibile in my view means able to withstand scrutiny. 

You assume there is a plan and forecast. Given our governments perfomance to date, that is speculation on the grandest of scales. I think they're winging it and I think you are indulging in your fantasy.

This is just an extension of Project Unicorn.

You admit you don't know if there is a plan; I don't know if there is a plan or even whether one is necessary in the terms that you appear to conceive.

And yet your view, for which you have no evidence is not a unicorn; whereas mine - and I don't know either - is a unicorn. You use unicorn as a term of abuse and yet your views are of no better status and are equally questionable.

The overwhelming difficulty you have is that you wan't to say that Brexit will make us all poorer and you can't - you have just as much evidence that it will make us poorer as I have that it will make us better off.

18 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Yes I think so.

illegal - no.

disingenuous- yes.

I think they'll have to stop a PM calling prorogue for any length, whenever they want. So I expect some constraints or recommendations. Don't see how they can do that without finding against govt but maybe they'll find a way.

Still reckon 7-4 for govt.

52 minutes ago, tomandlu said:

The game of Monopoly was originally developed to demonstrate that outcome. Too bad so many people took it as a set of instructions rather than a warning...

The only thing Monopoly demonstrates are housing issues (they always seem to have gone missing). If it was realistic the banker would have a permanent Get Out of Jail Free card, and someone would end up with a monopoly before everyone else got bored and wandered off to do something else.

7 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

The Observer this Sunday ran some interesting commentary on the case. It read like we were being prepared  for a controversial ruling. We will see shortly.

I doubt that the Supreme Court would 'leak'.

But perhaps the justices sought advice from leaky sources?

Edited by Bruce Banner