Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
GreenDevil

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, thecrashingisles said:

Their actions suggest that isn't their prime motivation.

UK's richest man moves to Monaco to 'save £4bn in tax'

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/feb/17/brexiter-jim-ratcliffe-uk-richest-man-plans-save-4bn-pounds-tax-monaco-move

Dyson to move company HQ to Singapore

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/jan/22/dyson-to-move-company-hq-to-singapore

These billionaires know that a potential brexit UK may well have the extreme right wing of the tory party running the show and who's ambitions for the UK go no further than creating the worlds biggest tax haven.  They dont need trade or industry nor do they need public services or anything else that 90% of the population desperately need or want.  Their horizon is the border of the city of London and their country estates, no further.   Their future money making will be a mega extension of what the city of London does today, ie launder money.   This is why they never had any plans and agreements in place for future trading partners, all they need for their scheme is brexit. Billionaires like tax havens, hence the support for brexit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thecrashingisles said:

I would suggest that his extreme flexibility on this subject is a sign that he isn’t taking a principled stance but just promoting whatever suits his short-term interests at the time.

You know the man do you?

Do you not agree with your fellow remainers that people are entitled to change their mind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, thecrashingisles said:

You seem to be a bit of a fanboi.  Are you upset by his betrayal?

Dyson? Sure he deserves absolute credit for a tremendous amount of good he’s done in the UK.

What have you done?

Edited by GrizzlyDave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrizzlyDave said:

It’s a remainer parliment.

the PM is a remainer.

the Home Secretary is a remainer

the chancellor is a remainer

the foreign secretary is a remainer

the speaker is a remainer

The most powerful politicians in the Uk are all remainers

_

The majority of MPs are remainers.

 

Hardly a surprise. If you look at Ashcroft's polling data among successful degree educated people about 75% voted Remain a figure that is probably slightly higher now given the general swing towards Remain since the poll. 

Apparently even McDonnal and Corbyn are "remainers at heart"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thecrashingisles said:

He gets a big minus on the ledger for encouraging people like you to vote for self-harm.

Lol. He had zero influence on my vote.

But I do like him. Credit where credit is due. A proper patriot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2000/nov/05/theobserver.observerbusiness4

Quote

Vacuum cleaner king James Dyson, the high-profile inventor and businessman, is set to reignite the debate surrounding the euro after threatening to expand his operations in Malaysia, rather than at his British factory, if the UK does not join the single currency.

'It's suicidal for the UK not to join the euro. Why should we go on exporting at a loss? We're facing unfair competition,' he said.

Some patriot.  You've been taken in @GrizzlyDave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Hardly a surprise. If you look at Ashcroft's polling data among successful degree educated people about 75% voted Remain a figure that is probably slightly higher now given the general swing towards Remain since the poll. 

Apparently even McDonnal and Corbyn are "remainers at heart"

So what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GrizzlyDave said:

First they came forth with aircraft carrier proposals, and I did not speak out, because I’m not interested in aircraft carrier proposals...

Do you speak out when Brown came up with his 2 aircraft carrier sized job creation scheme. A madcap idea that will hobble the Royal Navy for the next 30yrs.

As for the EU I think its another daft idea, but many times less daft than the UK having two of the things.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Confusion of VIs said:

Do you speak out when Brown came up with his 2 aircraft carrier sized job creation scheme. A madcap idea that will hobble the Royal Navy for the next 30yrs.

As for the EU I think its another daft idea, but many times less daft than the UK having two of the things.  

I’m not questioning the UK’s need for aircraft carriers.

I’m questioning the need for the European Coal and Steel Community to have one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GrizzlyDave said:

I’m not questioning the UK’s need for aircraft carriers.

I’m questioning the need for the European Coal and Steel Community to have one.

Why are you not questioning the UK's need for them?  It's just a union of crowns, right?  Who voted for all that military stuff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GrizzlyDave said:

I don’t want the EU to break down.

I’m not hysterical about an EU aircraft carrier, of which remainers are in complete denial over.

I am however ultra cautious about a USofE; of which I want no part.

Who cares about a piddly little aircraft carrier with the cost divided by 27?

Gordon Brown built two in his constituency and placed the contracts in such a way that they could not be cancelled by a future government.

So, the UK has two, overpriced and over budget, aircraft carriers that are too short for conventional fighter aircraft to operate from and no money to buy F35s.

Anything EU can do UK can do better :lol:.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, steve99 said:

These billionaires know that a potential brexit UK may well have the extreme right wing of the tory party running the show and who's ambitions for the UK go no further than creating the worlds biggest tax haven.  They dont need trade or industry nor do they need public services or anything else that 90% of the population desperately need or want.  Their horizon is the border of the city of London and their country estates, no further.   Their future money making will be a mega extension of what the city of London does today, ie launder money.   This is why they never had any plans and agreements in place for future trading partners, all they need for their scheme is brexit. Billionaires like tax havens, hence the support for brexit.

If that happens though, the population's horizon will be building gallows and guillotines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thecrashingisles said:

Why are you not questioning the UK's need for them?  It's just a union of crowns, right?  Who voted for all that military stuff?

Because it’s a separate question - completely unrelated to brexit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 190 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.