Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
GreenDevil

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

Recommended Posts

'We where promised a Unicorn...instead we got a donkey with an ice cream cone on it's head'

Best quote I've heard in a long time.......thank you BBC....news at 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dugsbody said:

No it didn't. It was 52% to 48%. Actually a reasonably small victory.

Depends how you view it.

If I asked the family whether they wanted to spend a few grand I found in an account on a holiday in Bali, I can guarantee they'd each have their own idea what to spend the money on, so the "vote" would likely fail to win a majority. You could say  the same about Brexit: it represents just one option with what to do with our future as a country. Indeed, it's easy to imagine that a vote for remain was simply a vote against leave, and that means that leave won despite all the alternatives. Which if you think about it, given that it is a vote for a radical change, is pretty damn surprising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, now that whatsapp has been hacked, can we please stop referring to the A50 petition's 6m votes as if they mean anything. e-voting is for the perpetually naive and not a tool any developed society should ever trust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sledgehead said:

Depends how you view it.

If I asked the family whether they wanted to spend a few grand I found in an account on a holiday in Bali, I can guarantee they'd each have their own idea what to spend the money on, so the "vote" would likely fail to win a majority. You could say  the same about Brexit: it represents just one option with what to do with our future as a country. Indeed, it's easy to imagine that a vote for remain was simply a vote against leave, and that means that leave won despite all the alternatives. Which if you think about it, given that it is a vote for a radical change, is pretty damn surprising.

Not to me. In today's world, where rage inducing content is monetised and served up to an eager audience, brexit and other events like it are bound to happen on a long enough timescale. A lot of things coincided to bring this vote about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, onlooker said:

A bit odd that May's stooge Barclay should be replying to an e mail from Redwood to the Attorney General. Barclay even says that the AG will be agreeing with him, which might be a bit presumptious. AIUI we have never been permitted to see the full legal analysis of May's deal from the AG. If and when Cox replies to Redwood, that is a letter I look forward to reading.

He explains why he is replying in the first paragraph and he isn't being presumptuous as he would not have included that without approval from the AG. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, dugsbody said:

Same. I have anguished over this because I don't wish harm on people, but I've decided that hard brexit would be best. Given a choice, I'd still vote remain, but after that, hard brexit (or no deal if that exists). It is the only way this country will learn. People can't be reasoned with, the only time they change their minds is through experience.

Agonised....me too... they cannot be allowed off the hook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dorkins said:

opinion poll, interpretation, another opinion poll, more interpretation, Brexit minister resigns, May must go, May's deal is dead, people knew what they were voting for, another Brexit minister resigns, Project Fear, we will implement what you decide, video of Farage extolling Norway, NI border checks, USofE, EU army, remoaners like AC Grayling meeting Verhofstadt undermined the negotiations, tick tock, Monnet quote about inexorably creating a superstate, young people are brainwashed and old people are experienced, Leave voters are dying off, greatest democratic exercise in UK history, narrow result, BRINO, WTO, ERG...

Traitors, will of the people, democracy is dead in the uk, all big parties agreed to ..., majority MP's are remainers, there will be violence on the streets,  ...

Brexit is undeliverable 🙃.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sledgehead said:

By the way, now that whatsapp has been hacked, can we please stop referring to the A50 petition's 6m votes as if they mean anything. e-voting is for the perpetually naive and not a tool any developed society should ever trust.

Even if it is kosher, 6m represents only 37% of the entire remain vote.

The LibDems have been running their Exit from Brexit campaign a lot longer and the total to date is interesting:

Quote

I want an Exit from Brexit

? of x signatures

https://www.libdems.org.uk/exit-brexit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

'We where promised a Unicorn...instead we got a donkey with an ice cream cone on it's head'

Best quote I've heard in a long time.......thank you BBC....news at 10.

   🤣 🤣 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rollover said:

- excellent con man?

Many new sockie puppies on here today? saying same old things like other puppies ha ha. just like new name only ha ha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dorkins said:

opinion poll, interpretation, another opinion poll, more interpretation, Brexit minister resigns, May must go, May's deal is dead, people knew what they were voting for, another Brexit minister resigns, Project Fear, we will implement what you decide, video of Farage extolling Norway, NI border checks, USofE, EU army, remoaners like AC Grayling meeting Verhofstadt undermined the negotiations, tick tock, Monnet quote about inexorably creating a superstate, young people are brainwashed and old people are experienced, Leave voters are dying off, greatest democratic exercise in UK history, narrow result, BRINO, WTO, ERG...

Why many poples always repeeting same things every day? they get pay check for this postings always the same. they never go to work? always here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 22:42, Sheeple Splinter said:

:blink: I'm only struggling with your flip-flopping between rational discussion and bigotry. 

1. Were UKIP campaigning on a version of controlled immigration or your version which includes some form of discrimination against "brown people" ? 

2. Leave's track record? What makes you think a Leave voter must be a UKIP voter?

Hope this helps:

 

image.png.2844ac4d00367c0cdc1f0dfce68e394f.png

 

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 02:40, Sheeple Splinter said:

:blink:

How about answering the questions I posed on your comments regarding UKIP?

 

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 07:28, pig said:

🤦‍♂️

:lol:

Are you waiting for the Guardian to provide you with an answer? :P

 

image.png.1c0ee0aabbc40e883dc180872764f556.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave Beans said:

Stephen Barclay tells John Redwood to STFU..

 

 

An interesting read and despite years in the civil service by far the strongest STFU you lying ******* I have ever seen, especially in something that was intended to be made public. That said, I doubt it will stop Redwood spouting nonsense or his supporters believing it.       

NB the para about the WA legally taking us out of the EU isn't quite the full story. Looking at it from the EU's perspective things are less clear because of the fudges necessary to allow us to continue accessing EU trade deals and it is likely that given the political will we could cancel leaving during the transition period without having to go through a reapplication process.

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, poppie said:

Why many poples always repeeting same things every day? they get pay check for this postings always the same. they never go to work? 

Iinteresting....I'm retired.....but lots on here....are 'fully' employed (in proper jobs).....apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

 

Boris Johnson could be prosecuted over Brexit bus claim

 A businessman called Marcus Ball is bringing a private case against Johnson, a former foreign secretary, alleging that he committed misconduct in public office by endorsing the claim on the bus while knowing it to be untrue.

Boris Johnson could be prosecuted over claims that the U.K. sends £350 million a week to the EU that were plastered all over a bus that toured Britain during the Brexit referendum campaign.

A judge on Tuesday agreed to hold a hearing on the case on May 23, the same day that the U.K. will vote in the European Parliament election.

"This case is a world first, it has never happened before. A member of parliament has never been prosecuted for misconduct in public office based upon alleged lying to the public. “My backers and I aspire to set a precedent in the U.K. common law making it illegal for an elected representative to lie to the public about financial matters.”

Politico

 

This could be Brexit game changer, he could be first of many more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IMHAL said:

Iinteresting....I'm retired.....but lots on here....are 'fully' employed (in proper jobs).....apparently.

so funny. many peoples say they working prufesnal jobs but posting all days long. big business job is 12 hour day and no slaking or fired.

they makin it all up ha ha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rollover said:

 

This could be Brexit game changer, he could be first of many more.

How so?

Exhibit 350, M'lud:

Quote

NHS England: £394 million more a week?

...

Conclusion

Spending increases announced for NHS England’s budget mean that £20.5 billion more will be spent on it in 2023/24 than in 2018/19. That’s £394 million more a week by 2023/24. This money doesn’t cover all health spending.

https://fullfact.org/health/nhs-england-394-million-more/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 19:01, GrizzlyDave said:

From day 1 after the referendum remainers have been gaming it.

And three years of insulting leavers calling them ignorant racist bigoted unintelligent uneducated xenphobic nazi facist gammon has  not gone unnoticed.

I...

Talking of clutching at Godwin's straws:

2016

 

2019

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, poppie said:

Many new sockie puppies on here today? saying same old things like other puppies ha ha. just like new name only ha ha.

Just trying to provide some counter arguments in this remainer echo chamber, no need for conspiracy theories.

As you were chaps, back to your circle jerk.

Starter for 10, leavers are thick as mince racists who look like over ripened pieces of gammon and were brainwashed by the Boris bus.

All hail the EU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, excon said:

Just trying to provide some counter arguments in this remainer echo chamber, no need for conspiracy theories.

As you were chaps, back to your circle jerk.

Starter for 10, leavers are thick as mince racists who look like over ripened pieces of gammon and were brainwashed by the Boris bus.

All hail the EU.

There's a good range of views of both leavers and remainers (and those in the middle)...It  probably holds the most diverse range of views compared to others forums I used to frequent..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, excon said:

Just trying to provide some counter arguments in this remainer echo chamber, no need for conspiracy theories.

As you were chaps, back to your circle jerk.

Starter for 10, leavers are thick as mince racists who look like over ripened pieces of gammon and were brainwashed by the Boris bus.

All hail the EU.

Are you new boy here or old boy with new name?  ha ha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 220 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.