House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
2 hours ago, IMHAL said:

Who needs British Steel anyway..... the knuckle draggers can buy cheap Chinese steel to meet their needs.

Picture 1 of 10

OK HAL, word association time.....

flowers.......... LOVE

european.......TOGETHER

steel...............KNUCKLEDUSTERS

Ah.

HOLA442
27 minutes ago, highYield said:

BTW, welcome to HPC and the Brexit thread. Sorry to be nosey, but is your username from:

- being an ex-conservative

- being an ex-convict

- both of the above 

- something else 

- none of my business

- excellent con man?

HOLA443
HOLA444
6 hours ago, excon said:

Leave won with the greatest democratic mandate in UK electoral history and if Remain had won by one single vote that would have been the end of the matter for all time.

No it didn't. It was 52% to 48%. Actually a reasonably small victory.

HOLA445
5 hours ago, IMHAL said:

+1

If we are going to leave I want Farage as PM. I want someone who will be held responsible. I don't want any squirming Leavers to have a get-out where they can blame someone else.....

Same. I have anguished over this because I don't wish harm on people, but I've decided that hard brexit would be best. Given a choice, I'd still vote remain, but after that, hard brexit (or no deal if that exists). It is the only way this country will learn. People can't be reasoned with, the only time they change their minds is through experience.

HOLA446

This is interesting, somebody trained a bot using a thread on Reddit called "Culture War" and then got it to simulate a new subreddit:

With almost 4k pages on the HPC Brexit What Happens Next thread I wonder if you could do basically the same thing using this thread as a training set. The thread is often quite botlike with the same arguments coming up over and over again.

Edited by Dorkins

HOLA447
5 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

With almost 4k pages on the HPC Brexit What Happens Next thread I wonder if you could do basically the same thing using this thread as a training set. The thread is often quite botlike with the same arguments coming up over and over again.

Then the bot would be trained in a mad, endless Brexit loop.

Sounds good.

Would save us all a lot of time.

HOLA448
HOLA449
5 minutes ago, highYield said:

Then the bot would be trained in a mad, endless Brexit loop.

Sounds good.

Would save us all a lot of time.

opinion poll, interpretation, another opinion poll, more interpretation, Brexit minister resigns, May must go, May's deal is dead, people knew what they were voting for, another Brexit minister resigns, Project Fear, we will implement what you decide, video of Farage extolling Norway, NI border checks, USofE, EU army, remoaners like AC Grayling meeting Verhofstadt undermined the negotiations, tick tock, Monnet quote about inexorably creating a superstate, young people are brainwashed and old people are experienced, Leave voters are dying off, greatest democratic exercise in UK history, narrow result, BRINO, WTO, ERG...

HOLA4410
12 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

opinion poll, interpretation, another opinion poll, more interpretation, Brexit minister resigns, May must go, May's deal is dead, people knew what they were voting for, another Brexit minister resigns, Project Fear, we will implement what you decide, video of Farage extolling Norway, NI border checks, USofE, EU army, remoaners like AC Grayling meeting Verhofstadt undermined the negotiations, tick tock, Monnet quote about inexorably creating a superstate, young people are brainwashed and old people are experienced, Leave voters are dying off, greatest democratic exercise in UK history, narrow result, BRINO, WTO, ERG...

Gammon is wacist.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
27 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

Stephen Barclay tells John Redwood to STFU..

:lol: LOL ...

…  Indeed it is no doubt because the Withdrawal Agreement ensures we legally cease to be a member, and the impediments to subsequently re-joining, that many of those who wish to remain and support a second referendum voted with you to oppose it. ...

… thanks for posting it.

Edited by Sheeple Splinter
link added

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
31 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

Stephen Barclay tells John Redwood to STFU..

A bit odd that May's stooge Barclay should be replying to an e mail from Redwood to the Attorney General. Barclay even says that the AG will be agreeing with him, which might be a bit presumptious. AIUI we have never been permitted to see the full legal analysis of May's deal from the AG. If and when Cox replies to Redwood, that is a letter I look forward to reading.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
1 hour ago, dugsbody said:

No it didn't. It was 52% to 48%. Actually a reasonably small victory.

Depends how you view it.

If I asked the family whether they wanted to spend a few grand I found in an account on a holiday in Bali, I can guarantee they'd each have their own idea what to spend the money on, so the "vote" would likely fail to win a majority. You could say  the same about Brexit: it represents just one option with what to do with our future as a country. Indeed, it's easy to imagine that a vote for remain was simply a vote against leave, and that means that leave won despite all the alternatives. Which if you think about it, given that it is a vote for a radical change, is pretty damn surprising.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

By the way, now that whatsapp has been hacked, can we please stop referring to the A50 petition's 6m votes as if they mean anything. e-voting is for the perpetually naive and not a tool any developed society should ever trust.

HOLA4419
2 minutes ago, Sledgehead said:

Depends how you view it.

If I asked the family whether they wanted to spend a few grand I found in an account on a holiday in Bali, I can guarantee they'd each have their own idea what to spend the money on, so the "vote" would likely fail to win a majority. You could say  the same about Brexit: it represents just one option with what to do with our future as a country. Indeed, it's easy to imagine that a vote for remain was simply a vote against leave, and that means that leave won despite all the alternatives. Which if you think about it, given that it is a vote for a radical change, is pretty damn surprising.

Not to me. In today's world, where rage inducing content is monetised and served up to an eager audience, brexit and other events like it are bound to happen on a long enough timescale. A lot of things coincided to bring this vote about.

HOLA4420
17 minutes ago, onlooker said:

A bit odd that May's stooge Barclay should be replying to an e mail from Redwood to the Attorney General. Barclay even says that the AG will be agreeing with him, which might be a bit presumptious. AIUI we have never been permitted to see the full legal analysis of May's deal from the AG. If and when Cox replies to Redwood, that is a letter I look forward to reading.

He explains why he is replying in the first paragraph and he isn't being presumptuous as he would not have included that without approval from the AG. 

HOLA4421

2 hours ago, dugsbody said:

Same. I have anguished over this because I don't wish harm on people, but I've decided that hard brexit would be best. Given a choice, I'd still vote remain, but after that, hard brexit (or no deal if that exists). It is the only way this country will learn. People can't be reasoned with, the only time they change their minds is through experience.

Agonised....me too... they cannot be allowed off the hook.

HOLA4422
1 hour ago, Dorkins said:

Traitors, will of the people, democracy is dead in the uk, all big parties agreed to ..., majority MP's are remainers, there will be violence on the streets,  ...

Brexit is undeliverable ?.

HOLA4423
20 minutes ago, Sledgehead said:

By the way, now that whatsapp has been hacked, can we please stop referring to the A50 petition's 6m votes as if they mean anything. e-voting is for the perpetually naive and not a tool any developed society should ever trust.

Even if it is kosher, 6m represents only 37% of the entire remain vote.

The LibDems have been running their Exit from Brexit campaign a lot longer and the total to date is interesting:

I want an Exit from Brexit

? of x signatures

https://www.libdems.org.uk/exit-brexit

HOLA4424
HOLA4425