House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
4 minutes ago, crouch said:

Maybe not. But saying that does not mean that being part of the EU means that we gain anything ipso facto; it just means that we both have the same issues in common.

But this is where the advantages of scale come in. A single market with common rules means that firms don't need to have 28 different versions of everything so costs are lower. If approximately the same trading arrangements will benefit all 28 they can negotiate trade deals externally as a single unit and get more favourable terms with 3rd parties.

HOLA442
7 hours ago, Chunketh said:

Not at all, in fact I would expand it to include most of the world. We are in the grip of a populist surge that those with means thought they could use to their own ends. 

It's ugly, divisive and stupid. Unfortunately it is also entirely predictable given the levels of disparity and greed.

No doubt about the populist surge and the efforts being expended to quell it.

The comparison of the Breaking Point poster to a Nazi image, or policies/speeches to those Hitler made, or calling politicos/organisation Nazis etc. is just the frustration of those unable to counter the message/issues.

Lastly, none of the legal challenges against the poster were successful and the EU was and is at Breaking Point.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
10 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

But this is where the advantages of scale come in. A single market with common rules means that firms don't need to have 28 different versions of everything so costs are lower. If approximately the same trading arrangements will benefit all 28 they can negotiate trade deals externally as a single unit and get more favourable terms with 3rd parties.

In the example I quoted it isn't a question of scale; it's a question of principle. The EU policy on bank resolution is IMV  flawed.

You may be right about common rules but those rules have themselves been drawn up to satisfy and harmonise rules between 28 countries. Are such rules likely to be more complex than rules drawn up by one? The answer is probably yes. There is a trade off between the advantage of scale and the complexity of the rules that result from negotiations within large blocs. 

HOLA447
HOLA448
5 hours ago, pig said:

Nope, don’t you remember ? I pretty much gave up after trying to debate populism with you.  I’m sure your ‘narratives’ will come out in the wash anyway.

Jesus wept does me ridiculing xenophobia upset you so much ? I don’t know whether this is bonkers or deliberate ...oh wait have you just tricked me into carrying on with this sh1t lol?

:lol:

Oh dear, you simply failed to airbrush out the current definitions of populism and insert your own narrative and you are not alone in using that tactic.

I'm not upset, I just challenge your narratives and inability to respond with anything but inanity.

HOLA449
1 hour ago, Kosmin said:

The majority are giving UK postcodes in a distribution which is consistent with data (it would be suspicious if there were as many signatures from Leave areas as Remain, or if there are close to 100% of the population voting in any area). If people were voting from other countries would they know which fake postcodes to give?

So just how many petition entries can I make per email, per postcode?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
3 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Hilarious as much pathetic protest. I seriously do wonder what the average mental age of a leaver is. 

Typical remainer superiority complex. D'ya know that one of you remainers actually had the front to suggest leavers considered themselves better than remainers (was that you Kosy?). Frightful nannying arrogance.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
3 hours ago, copydude said:

May Gone By Monday?

According to BBC and Sunday Times, 11 Cabinet Minsters want TM to step down in favour of caretaker PM.

Reportedly, she was visited with similar request by the 1922 committee.

Is she Sunday Roast?

Here’s hoping.

3 hours ago, Riedquat said:

They can't force her out for a while still and I can't see her going voluntarily.

This is my fear...

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
2 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

They can hope all they like, the reality is that trade deals reflect the relative power of the two parties.

As well as being inherently less powerful outside of the EU we will have put ourselves in a uniquely weak negotiating position by tearing up 40yrs of deals/agreements with nothing to replace them.

The US deal will be a real eye opener, as the US view is that our trade surplus needs to be corrected by opening up our markets and committing to buy billions more of US agricultural goods.   

That same US view applies to the RoW and the EU may be a smaller fish soon.

HOLA4417
16 hours ago, dugsbody said:

The reason is that the referendum was a travesty and the result will not be what the majority of the country wants. The reason leave voters wouldn't have been out is because most of you know your campaign is dishonest to the core and you're too ashamed to actually make a go of it on the streets.

How about it? Go for it. Put "no deal brexit" on a ballot paper and lets see how far you get.

There is no such thing as "No Deal", that was one of the most basic lies told by Remain, and it looks like they are still telling it? It goes back to what Leave stated all along, we are capable of making deals in the world without being under the heel of the EU.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
2 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Farage overplayed his hand. 

Farage loves the 'insurgent' tag. The one voice in the wilderness, The 1 in 751.

Look at that fraction: 1/750

The Brexity thing gathering supporters claim 1000. The losers vote thingy got 750,000

See that fraction there? Yep, 1/750

It's how he likes it. He's proved his willingness to carry on the fight: MEP salary in the bag. And he can bang on about how the majority want Brexit and that the EU is a bullying, manipulative, anti-democratic, closed club with added justification.

Anyone who sees that as a failure doesn't really understand Farage sorts.

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
1 hour ago, jonb2 said:

Serious question.

Who would you pick?  If you where a brexit tory .....game theorising your enemy so to speak.

Edited by Fromage Frais

HOLA4425
16 hours ago, dugsbody said:

Hi there. You replied with something that had nothing to do with what I said, because the brexit campaign is dishonest to the very core and that is all you have.

Put "no deal brexit" on a ballot paper and see how far you get. You won't, because you're absolute shit scared.

Everybody knows that the EU are going to be doing deals later, you don`t actually believe that they are not going to "deal" with an economy our size? After the May elections the "EU" is not going to be what it is today, this is the dying shouts of a dinosaur, and that scares Remainers more than anything....