House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441

Serious question, does May's deal mean we are in or out.....or halfway house until we decide what the long-term  future plan will be?.....in out, in out, shake it all about, do the hokey pokey and you turn around, that's what its's all about.;)

HOLA442
13 minutes ago, winkie said:

Serious question, does May's deal mean we are in or out.....or halfway house until we decide what the long-term  future plan will be?.....in out, in out, shake it all about, do the hokey pokey and you turn around, that's what its's all about.;)

Out, perhaps, unless the EU decide we're in, well not in but effectively a vassal state.

The main reason that May's deal must be voted in? The clue is in the name. May has no children so she needs an alternative legacy.

HOLA443
HOLA444
4 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Out, perhaps, unless the EU decide we're in, well not in but effectively a vassal state.

The main reason that May's deal must be voted in? The clue is in the name. May has no children so she needs an alternative legacy.

It is just another treaty.......I don't think it has anything to do with mrs May having no children.....the children will create their own futures, collaboration....as long as there is trust, better working together than apart.;)

HOLA445

Farage's Sunderland to London march looks like a very low turn out I wonder what its going to look like when it reaches the capital.One wonders where all the highly charged passionate leavers are if so few have got it in them just to do even the opening leg.

HOLA446
HOLA447
36 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Breaking: Geoffrey Cox apologises for failing to declare thousands of pounds in rental income.

Brian-Blessed.jpg

What is it with our politicians?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/03/16/attorney-general-apologises-failing-declare-thousands-pounds/

And from 2 years ago... https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/geoffrey-cox-tory-mp-failed-to-declare-400000-in-extra-earnings-forced-to-apologise-a6853806.html

Edited by Bruce Banner

HOLA448
41 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Breaking: Geoffrey Cox apologises for failing to declare thousands of pounds in rental income. 

Brian-Blessed.jpg

Is there a side to this or is it a point why it's good to have a democracy so we can vote this kind of rubbish out?

HOLA449
2 hours ago, smash said:

Farage's Sunderland to London march looks like a very low turn out I wonder what its going to look like when it reaches the capital.One wonders where all the highly charged passionate leavers are if so few have got it in them just to do even the opening leg. 

When taking the streets becomes the only way to get things done you'll see more types of people out there. Not just the loudest ones.

HOLA4410

Geoffrey Cox apologises for failing to declare thousands of pounds in rental income.

Too bad he couldn't find any changes to the legal advice binding the backstop in May's dead WA/deal. Hmm one wonders...

HOLA4411
2 hours ago, smash said:

I've a sneaky suspicion the bad boys of Brexit won't spend quite so much time muttering darkly about the existence of a Muslim 'fifth column'.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/12/nigel-farage-muslim-fifth-column-ukip

It’s not just Farage. Plenty of other Ukip members have been getting into hot water for racist, homophobic and sexist remarks and for scapegoating Muslims and Islam. The former Ukip leader Lord Pearson once said that “the Muslims are breeding 10 times faster than us”, while the Ukip councillor Tiggs Keywood-Wainwright said: “The bottom line is we have too many Muslims in this country.”

A few weeks ago Ukip again got into trouble when it declared it would ban the slaughter of animals without stunning them. While we were told that this was for animal welfare reasons, Ukip’s spokesperson on agriculture, Stuart Agnew, MEP, let the cat out of the bag by stating to a Jewish audience: “This isn’t aimed at you – it’s aimed elsewhere – it’s aimed at others. You’ve been caught in the crossfire; collateral damage. You know what I mean.”

Yet none of these comments seem to generate much shock. It underlines what the former communities minister Lady Warsi once said, observing that Islamophobia and anti-Muslim hatred passed the “dinner table test”.

3AA4C67D00000578-3959400-image-a-28_1479

HOLA4412
22 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

Is there a side to this or is it a point why it's good to have a democracy so we can vote this kind of rubbish out?

As someone once said of Nixon: he wouldn't steal a red-hot stove.

Besides being a fluting, flower-mouthed am-dram luvvie, Geoffrey Cox is the UK govt's chief legal advisor! I think it rather important that he's scrupulously honest in his financial affairs since it raises serious questions about his professional integrity if not.

HOLA4413
53 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

As someone once said of Nixon: he wouldn't steal a red-hot stove.

Besides being a fluting, flower-mouthed am-dram luvvie, Geoffrey Cox is the UK govt's chief legal advisor! I think it rather important that he's scrupulously honest in his financial affairs since it raises serious questions about his professional integrity if not.

As above. Democracy.

Or according to Verhofstadt at 10:03 "Hijacking" if the UK rightfully takes part in EU elections due to still being in the EU.

Edited by Arpeggio

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
1 hour ago, Arpeggio said:

When taking the streets becomes the only way to get things done you'll see more types of people out there. Not just the loudest ones.

Farage's No-deal Brexit is now yesterday's issue.

Most people just give thumbs down to it and moved on.

HOLA4416
59 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

I've a sneaky suspicion the bad boys of Brexit won't spend quite so much time muttering darkly about the existence of a Muslim 'fifth column'.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/12/nigel-farage-muslim-fifth-column-ukip

3AA4C67D00000578-3959400-image-a-28_1479

Pardon my ignorance you're going to have to educate me here. Taking this quote from the Guardian:

"Farage also complained that Islamist extremists posed an unprecedented “fifth column” problem for Britain, as a small minority who do not want to integrate but “hate us and want to kill us” and to impose sharia law."

When someone else says something about people who want to kill, such as any other Prime minister / President in any country after any terrorist attack.

For example:

Cameron 1:35 "Nowhere is without risk from extremist terrorists"

Cameron 1:59 "We will not give up our way of life"

1:31 Bush: "Imposing its radical beliefs"

1:37 Bush  "Islamist extremism" (well there's a match for Nigel's words).

What is the difference that makes one wrong and the other not? (perhaps that's not what you are saying? if so pardon me).

I was going to say is it specific words used, such as Nigel's "Islamist extremists" or "hate us and want to kill us" until I noticed Bush previously used similar. Is it the preference to also send military to countries like Afghanistan or Iraq and all the things that entails?

Edited by Arpeggio

HOLA4417

I just don't understand where all the masses are for this symbolic march, 100 at most at its peak. BTW that would be a very nice walk for a day out, Sunderland to Hartlepool along the coast path, a bit of wind and rain sure buts thats to be expected. Shame that Nigel doesn't display a bit of that Brit spirit choosing instead to bemoan "the political class" and "George Soros". Its just a coastal walk in a nice part of country, why is Nigel grimacing? Its like he needs someone blame for not being in the first class carriage of Eurostar, he looks like a total lightweight if you ask me.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
9 minutes ago, smash said:

I just don't understand where all the masses are for this symbolic march, 100 at most at its peak. BTW that would be a very nice walk for a day out, Sunderland to Hartlepool along the coast path, a bit of wind and rain sure buts thats to be expected. Shame that Nigel doesn't display a bit of that Brit spirit choosing instead to bemoan "the political class" and "George Soros". Its just a coastal walk in a nice part of country, why is Nigel grimacing? Its like he needs someone blame for not being in the first class carriage of Eurostar, he looks like a total lightweight if you ask me.

Lets not forget that this silly little march (which Farages Brexit elite are charing the plebs £50 a head to attend) set off in the fartslands of Brexit, Sunderland. A county now licking its wounds at the immenient demise of jobs and industry. Oh remember the EUphoria on results night: 

image.jpg

If they are not yet deceased, where are they now?

Edited by MonsieurCopperCrutch

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Only we don't. I appreciate the idea of being able to vote people out, but frankly we are shite at it. Whats the point in the power to vote them out if we are too retarded to actually use it?

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
1 minute ago, Chunketh said:

Only we don't. I appreciate the idea of being able to vote people out, but frankly we are shite at it. Whats the point in the power to vote them out if we are too retarded to actually use it? 

Oh Boy. My poor child. Is that what you really think? I feel like giving you a cuddle.

Would you rather be blind in a locked room or blind in a room with a door?

Would you rather be too lazy to have a healthly lifestyle to stop an early grave, but if you want to, you can. Or Would you rather be in a coma and not able to anyway?

HOLA4424
1 minute ago, Chunketh said:

Why? I am a remainer and even I would prefer no deal to that tripe. Give them what they want, then make them choke on it.

I rationalise this in a similar way - give them what they want - a burned in "betrayal". No deal is too much of a disaster to contemplate though.

HOLA4425
Just now, Arpeggio said:

Oh Boy. My poor child. Is that what you really think? I feel like giving you a cuddle.

Would you rather be blind in a locked room or blind in a room with a door?

Would you rather be too lazy to have a healthly lifestyle to stop an early grave, but if you want to, you can. Or Would you rather be in a coma and not able to anyway?

Just pointing it out. Sorry if its true.