House Price Crash Forum
GreenDevil

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

I need to arrange a piss up in a brewery for my friends at Matthew Parker St,

who would not have the intelligence to go this?

6 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

I don't.

I don't want the friends of the ERG to have cart blanche in asset stripping everything in sight..I don't want to give them that satisfaction..

Edited by Dave Beans

22 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Fortunately, the amendment to extend A50 to end of June has failed.

Do you have a link for this?

Just now, Dave Beans said:

I don't want the friends of the ERG to have cart blanche in asset stripping everything in sight..

A lot of leavers don't give a toss about this DB. They just want to get on with it and leave. How would you explain a hard Brexit is in fact a terrible idea to (and for) these people. They won't listen. They think Johnson, Farage and Rees-Mogg are heroes.

5 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

A lot of leavers don't give a toss about this DB. They just want to get on with it and leave. How would you explain a hard Brexit is in fact a terrible idea to (and for) these people. They won't listen. They think Johnson, Farage and Rees-Mogg are heroes.

Its clever yet simple in what they have done.. Denounce ANY withdrawal deal as treachery to Brexiteers (not Brexiters).  They lap it up..

Edited by Dave Beans

2 hours ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Well this sums up our impass quite nicely I think...

D1n47HzXQAEPXtu?format=png&name=large

Well that’s confirmed my long held opinion of Tory voters: wankers.

16 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

Its clever yet simple in what they have done.. Denounce ANY withdrawal deal as treachery to Brexiteers (not Brexiters).  They lap it up..

For that reason I think Tories will run out with options and time and the last option is revoking A50.

1 minute ago, copydude said:

I can't believe we are having a third meaningless vote. 

I think I'm losing the will to live.

Me too, the whole thing is a complete shambles, but on a positive note, it's proof positive of just how broken our system is.

Whatever happens with Brexit, we need to boot the lot of them out.... if we can :(.

19 minutes ago, rollover said:

For that reason I think Tories will run out with options and time and the last option is revoking A50.

It’s possible.

So too is the WA passing at third attempt...

tenor.gif?itemid=9409526

It seems for now that official government policy is to negotiate with the EU to delay Brexit.

Here's hoping that the EU have the good sense to insist on a minimum delay of two or three years. It's their turn to kick the can down the road. 

1 hour ago, jonb2 said:

Because No Deal brexit has never been discussed in the media without hyperbole and emotion, can you explain some of the key reasons why a no deal brexit will be bad. Remember we are on HPC and quoting institutions or government bodies dire prediction does not count. Also remember we will have a £39b buffer to smooth short term pain. Not a wnd up question, I genuinely want to be convinced the route we are travelling is the right route and that no deal is not needed.

On 07/03/2019 at 18:26, crouch said:

As the Greeks owe around Euros 60bn under the Target2 system and as the Germans are the counterparty being owed around Euros 1 trillion in total I rather think that question has already been answered.

As the Greek finance minister said.. 

Germany did not bail out Greece and the Euro.. 

Greece bailed out Germany.. 

if you owe the bank €10’000 and you can’t afford to pay it, your in trouble! 

If you owe the bank €1 trillion Euros and can’t afford to pay it! The banks in trouble! 

If Greece, Ireland.. etc had stuck 2 fingers up at Germany that would have bought the Euro and Germany to its knees as the biggest lender.. 

Also there is still the small problem of Germany’s biggest bank(Deutsche bank)  and their €1.5 trillion of worthless debt..

20 minutes ago, Confounded said:

Because No Deal brexit has never been discussed in the media without hyperbole and emotion, can you explain some of the key reasons why a no deal brexit will be bad. Remember we are on HPC and quoting institutions or government bodies dire prediction does not count. Also remember we will have a £39b buffer to smooth short term pain. Not a wnd up question, I genuinely want to be convinced the route we are travelling is the right route and that no deal is not needed.

I thought "no deal" was a key and essential part of the negotiating strategy? Are you conceding that it's failed?

2 minutes ago, macca13 said:

Turkey joining the EUSSR talks put on hold.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-03-13/eu-parliament-calls-for-suspension-of-turkey-s-eu-entry-talks

I don’t think leave voters will be happy till the country is on fire, social cohesion becomes toxic and we run out of food.. 

thats progress for you.. 

Fixed for you.

7 minutes ago, macca13 said:

As the Greek finance minister said.. 

Germany did not bail out Greece and the Euro.. 

Greece bailed out Germany.. 

if you owe the bank €10’000 and you can’t afford to pay it, your in trouble! 

If you owe the bank €1 trillion Euros and can’t afford to pay it! The banks in trouble! 

If Greece, Ireland.. etc had stuck 2 fingers up at Germany that would have bought the Euro and Germany to its knees as the biggest lender.. 

Also there is still the small problem of Germany’s biggest bank(Deutsche bank)  and their €1.5 trillion of worthless debt..

Clueless. The German taxpayers has been bailing out the lazy corrupt tax evading Greeks to the tune of hundreds of billiona

36 minutes ago, Confounded said:

You need to look at the connections between Tufton Street, (and their agendas); which include BrexitCentral, LeaveMeansLeave, the IEA, Legatum, Cobden Centre, Taxpayers Alliance, Economists4FreeTrade (amongst others)...against the key players Shanker Singham, Mark Littlewood (et al), and their extricable links with JRM, Boris, Owen Paterson, Suella Braverman, Steve Baker, David Davis, Kate Hoey, and all the main players within the Brexiteer camp..There's nowt wrong with leaving, but the agenda is being hijacked...

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/revealed-how-uk-s-powerful-right-wing-think-tanks-and-conse/

http://www.eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=86556

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/sep/23/shanker-singham-is-he-the-brains-of-brexit

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-eurosceptics-climate-change-sceptics-55-tufton-street-westminster-a6866021.html

These just for a kick off..

The 39bn will be a drop in the ocean with the cost of a drop in trade and the rise in the benefits bill for those made unemployed.

Straight from the Legatum website.  Its all in plain sight...

With an eye for emerging trends and undervalued assets, Sovereign turns to the telecommunications sector in Brazil – a country emerging from hyper-inflation. Sovereign makes the first major foreign investment in Brazil just as the market opens to outsiders.

Edited by Dave Beans