House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

• Replies 147.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GrizzlyDave

• Confusion of VIs

• thehowler

• jonb2

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do.   https://twitter.com/housepricemania

1409 pages....you guys should have your own forum !!!

Oh OK. Shame that really, but hey it looks like @IMHAL helped us both out. Nice repost though, thanks ! Any thoughts ?  

Posted Images

Petrol goes up 15% immediately.

Uk breaks up within decade.

Political chaos starts immediately. Who leads? What happens?

Economic chaos takes longer.

And I bet we don't even Brexit. Scared and terrified by what they see, the public vote in anti Brexit parties at the GE.

How does that work when all LibLabCons are anti brexit anyway?

The silent majority have spoken, people are fed up of the status quo this is a great day for possible HPC and short term pain but long term gain

As a FTB I am happy, Osbourne said house prices would fall if we voted Brexit, so I did!

Old people; first they took all the houses, then they took all the money, and now they've taken our future...

As it happens, it is the old people as I see it who made up many of the leave votes......they remember how it used to be and they fear for their children and grandchildren's future..... ;)

As it happens, it is the old people as I see it who made up many of the leave votes......they remember how it used to be and they fear for their children and grandchildren's future..... ;)

Obviously time for a punishment budget.

No bus passes, private health care only and halve state pensions.

More likely the arrival of £250bn freshly-printed funny money into the system has made the city boys smile again.

I suspect this is going to cause house prices to rise.

Possible issues.

1) More QE and lower IRs, and more and more

2) Lower Sterling, makes UK houses cheaper for foreign buyers.

3) Leaving EU will cause removal of Russian sanctions, and so expect more oligrachs

4) City put on a freer rein as UK becomes one massive off shore tax haven.

5) Was talk of changing BoE focus to stabilizing housing, this is now off the agenda.

6) Increases in fiscal spending, as we can now print and monetize all we like - the Zimbabwe experience granted.

Let's face it, the next Conservative Government formed is going to consist of the the most right wing types - so 4 will be true.

I suspect this is going to cause house prices to rise.

Possible issues.

1) More QE and lower IRs, and more and more

2) Lower Sterling, makes UK houses cheaper for foreign buyers.

3) Leaving EU will cause removal of Russian sanctions, and so expect more oligrachs

4) City put on a freer rein as UK becomes one massive off shore tax haven.

5) Was talk of changing BoE focus to stabilizing housing, this is now off the agenda.

6) Increases in fiscal spending, as we can now print and monetize all we like - the Zimbabwe experience granted.

Let's face it, the next Conservative Government formed is going to consist of the the most right wing types - so 4 will be true.

possibly true, especially as there are 2 million UK emigrants in the EU who may want to return.

And I reckon HOUSE PRICES - and the anger about them - were a SIGNIFICANT FACTOR in the reason so many people have voted LEAVE.....

There is a SILENT MAJORITY --- or to put it better -- a SILENCED majority who are HEARTILY SICK of the vast fraudulent manipulation of property "prices" by the elite -- i.e. Banksters..... who have RUINED ordinary peoples' lives.....

This vote is an ANTI ESTABLISHMENT vote....... The majority have spoken......

I have just heard a Labour front bench person ADMIT that she was told over and over again on the doorsteps across the country by ORDINARY people that they are SICK of the situation out there in the REAL world about the property crisis...... She recounted how she was CONSTANTLY harangued by ORDINARY people who's adult progeny were forced to live with their parents --- unable to get an AFFORDABLE home for themselves....

THIS HAS BEEN A MAJOR, MAJOR factor --- PROPERTY PRICES - and the ANGER about them have --- I reckon -- SWUNG THIS !!!!!!!

--------------

edit:

Note this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3657486/DAILY-MAIL-COMMENT-City-cowboys-tarnish-day-democracy.html

And lest we forget the places that voted to remain in the EU are all locations where you could sit on your bum and make a living from HPI from the London cantillon effect.

People in poorer areas asked to work for a living and share their resources (housing/schools/facilities) with poorer immigrants.

The fall out in my london expat enclave in Southern Norwich is a sign to behold they literally cannot believe the plebs voted out. Most importantly they are also very weak minded and I am shocked by the way they talk down the country in or out we have to make a good go of things the world has not ended.

I would hate to be stuck in the Alamo with such folk.

on a side note 3/4 transactions have fallen through today already.

Edited by Fromage Frais

Tony Blair will call for calm and time spent to make considered decisions.

Concession will be made by EU. (eg no VAT on sanitary products or VAT on domestic fuel billsallowed to be reduced to 4.5%)

New referendum date announced as the public have the right to make decision in light of major reforms that now exist.

Kiss (what's left of) UK manufacturing goodbye. When those old manufacturing inventories have to be replenished the cost will be onerous. As will the debt servicing on USD/YEN/YUAN/EUR debt, in a debt laden UK.

Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it.

Kiss (what's left of) UK manufacturing goodbye. When those old manufacturing inventories have to be replenished the cost will be onerous. As will the debt servicing on USD/YEN/YUAN/EUR debt, in a debt laden UK.

Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it.

Sorry, since working in manufacturing since the late 90's all I've seen is the industry diminish via off shoring and out scourcing and what's left get working pay and conditions decimated by cheap labour. I really couldn't just vote for more of the same.

Guest BillyNI

And lest we forget the places that voted to remain in the EU are all locations where you could sit on your bum and make a living from HPI from the London cantillon effect.

Like Scotland and Northern Ireland? Way to ignore the rest of us.