House Price Crash Forum
GreenDevil

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

1 minute ago, Confusion of VIs said:

She was fully aware the WA would not be reopened. 

She would also have known that any legal guarantee acceptable to her party would be unacceptable to the EU as it would remove the backstop.

So what was she actually doing there? 

You speak with such certainty.

Are you privy to inside information?

20 minutes ago, thehowler said:

The truth is out there, rollover, go have a look for yourself.

I'm looking but, I can't find anything.

I still don't know what exactly she said, what the truth is and where to find it.

1 hour ago, onlooker said:

Why was Irexit right, but Brexit wrong?

As to neo Nazis, they are growing strong in Europe, but not in the UK.

Maybe something to do with with UK starving a million people and the other half of the population being forced to leave, but hey look at the evil EU over there.

BTW Ireland could not leave the UK by handing in an Article 50 notice like one can do with leaving EU, before you get high and mighty

Aside, points at Scotland trying to leave, so much for will of the people. I guess some piggies are more equal than others

Edited by yelims

4 minutes ago, Fromage Frais said:

Thank god your not in charge.  

We live in a free country if i want to start a campaign for any subject it should be allowed (unless illegal).

How about the house prices should be 70% lower in 12 months referendum.  i truly want this to be the case.

• it will crash the economy
  • people will lose their jobs
  • a lot of vested interests will be out of pocket and angry
  • I however believe the country will be better in the years to come

Should I be "silenced" for that opinion the economic damage would actually be worse than brexit possibly.

I have relatives in undemocratic countries let me tell you the people electrocuting your testicles or pulling out your nails think they are in the right and are the "good guys".

I think you thought I meant the secret police? I didn't.

Major lies, the consequence of which, harms the population should be illegal.

https://brexitlies.com/

When I said silenced - I meant by having a hard Brexit. Show the lies. The only way they can't tell any more is to hard Brexit.

I am certain they will still blame the EU, but having got what they want, they will just have to look in the mirror for who crashed the country. I would pray their personal currency of manipulation after a hard Brexit would be nil.

As for vested interests. Have you not paid attention, or do I have to post a page of links again to show you the truly dark forces behind the ERG et al.

7 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Project fear it is then :rolleyes:.

All I want is for the people to have their say.

I would prefer to remain, or failing that hard Brexit (WTO).

Obviously since I don't agree with you I must be wrong, but it's a free country, or is it?

What sort of WTO Brexit would that be?

Has anyone asked the 160ish other countries that will have a say what they want/will accept.

Doesn't this all feel a teensy bit familiar?

If there is another referendum all you have available to put on it is Cameron's deal May's deal.

If you want a WTO Brexit to put on the ballot paper, A50 will need to be revoked and then resubmitted once we have agreed what a WTO deal actually is. 

Do you think anyone is mad enough to suggest we go through all of this again.

This all just a farce now. The country voted to leave. I know what I voted for and it wasn't what the politicians like to tell me I voted for. They tell me that no one voted to make the country poorer. How do they know that? Perhaps I am quite happy to be a bit poorer.

If there is another referendum then all options should be Leave. I am happy for one of the options to be Leave - and negotiate re-entry.

6 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

What sort of WTO Brexit would that be?

Has anyone asked the 160ish other countries that will have a say what they want/will accept.

Doesn't this all feel a teensy bit familiar?

If there is another referendum all you have available to put on it is Cameron's deal May's deal.

If you want a WTO Brexit to put on the ballot paper, A50 will need to be revoked and then resubmitted once we have agreed what a WTO deal actually is. 

Do you think anyone is mad enough to suggest we go through all of this again.

Too silly!

WTO, Hard Brexit, crash out.... The default is leave. A50 would not have to be revoked for us to leave.

Edited by Bruce Banner

11 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

You speak with such certainty.

Are you privy to inside information?

Because it has been publicly stated by EU senior reps many times.

Some but nothing of great interest recently, as nobody seems to have a clue what's going to happen going forward.

34 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

Exactly.

They have a comparative Trump's base of voters too. There is only one way of demonstrating these people are a nightmare and self-serving. That's to enact the nightmare. Otherwise they will continue and as things get worse here - due to a middle ground Brexit, their support will grow.

Well look - I'm not advocating Hard Brexit as a good idea, I'm advocating Hard Brexit as a democratic choice ie NOT something that people are simply either swindled into - as they are being now - or told they are being denied - as they are being now - or used as a fib and a means to further poison the country in the future for why things are sh1te if we do a 'sensible' Brexit.

And yes we definitely need to 'democratically surface' the ERG and all they stand for - if thats what people want and they truly believe we are in the middle of the easiest deal in history then so be it - we all need to be in the position where its crystal clear - and this is where we are in agreement - that voting and its outcomes are your choice and your responsibility.

1 minute ago, micawber said:

This all just a farce now. The country voted to leave. I know what I voted for and it wasn't what the politicians like to tell me I voted for. They tell me that no one voted to make the country poorer. How do they know that? Perhaps I am quite happy to be a bit poorer.

If there is another referendum then all options should be Leave. I am happy for one of the options to be Leave - and negotiate re-entry.

Thanks Mr Micawber

This and other posters with a similar position prove that you must have a hard Brexit option on the ballot paper.

Everything has to go into truth and fairness mode. No caveats. I would like to see the media grow some balls and tell all as it is.

11 minutes ago, ****-eyed octopus said:

How would you silence them? Any tips would be welcome. There's a few people I'd like to silence.

Jb2 is saying by exposing them, allowing their wishes and the resultant consequences will they be silenced. .......because it will all go paps up.....

I don't think it works that way....politicians always find scapegoats....jmr...bojo et al would blame their own mothers rather than take the flak....

14 minutes ago, yelims said:

Maybe something to do with with UK starving a million people and the other half of the population being forced to leave, but hey look at the evil EU over there.

BTW Ireland could not leave the UK by handing in an Article 50 notice like one can do with leaving EU, before you get high and mighty

Aside, points at Scotland trying to leave, so much for will of the people. I guess some piggies are more equal than others

Ancient history. Was it right for Kings of Ireland to use Irish soldiers to intervene in English civil wars? Anyway, plenty moved to work in England and Scotland at the time of the famine. Bit like what is happening now, with southern and eastern Europeans (some starving) moving to the UK for work and a better life.

As to A50, the evidence so far is that using it, it is not possible to leave the EU.

Scotland had a referendum, it can have another one after a reasonable amount of time. The problem with it leaving is that it needs another sugar daddy to keep them in the manner to which they have become used. Ireland found the USA diaspora, and then the EU to help them.

2 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

Jb2 is saying by exposing them, allowing their wishes and the resultant consequences will they be silenced. .......because it will all go paps up.....

I don't think it works that way....politicians always find scapegoats....jmr...bojo et al would blame their own mothers rather than take the flak....

As I said IMHAL. I pray that most of the hard Brexit voters see it for real after we have completely cut the cord on the 29th.

It's going to be harder convincing someone that has just lost their job as a consequence of a hard Brexit that it was a good idea.

1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

Ah, project fear again, planes, trains, ferries disrupted, riots, starvation, plague of locusts :rolleyes:. Remember when Regan sacked all the air traffic controllers? Important things can be sorted out pretty quickly when needs must.

Surely WTO terms are the default if we leave without a deal, so a "negotiated WTO rules based exit" is just another term for a deal.

Yep. Heading that way I think, slowing growth will be focussing the EU minds though, and the upcoming elections, they have a lot to lose but seem to be trying to stage a managed collapse of the project, which isn`t served very well by giving in to the UK now?

2 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

As I said IMHAL. I pray that most of the hard Brexit voters see it for real after we have completely cut the cord on the 29th.

It's going to be harder convincing someone that has just lost their job as a consequence of a hard Brexit that it was a good idea.

You see, I'm confused. Do you lose jobs because you leave the EU? Or do you lose jobs because you were in the EU (Italy, et al) or do you just lose jobs because of the normal economic cycle (and then blame it on Brexit)?

No chance of a second ref. as long as May is in place? and the clock is ticking for Europe and the upcoming groundswell of "populism", they need to pull the plug on the UK quickly to discourage any more dissent? Also the more Bliar etc. come out for "Let`s just remain even though you voted to leave" the more angry people get and the less chance any second vote would have?

1 minute ago, micawber said:

You see, I'm confused. Do you lose jobs because you leave the EU? Or do you lose jobs because you were in the EU (Italy, et al) or do you just lose jobs because of the normal economic cycle (and then blame it on Brexit)?

UK only talking.

You lose jobs when the Japanese leave (they are not allowed to base themselves in a tax haven) and a third of SMEs are tipped over the edge. The UK is in a bad place thanks to 40 years of Hayek neo-liberalism, but Brexit will pour petrol on the bonfire.

How many bankers where jailed for the 2008 GFC? 

6 minutes ago, micawber said:

My case in point Jonb2.

It's easy for politicians to redirect blame at will.

4 minutes ago, micawber said:

A bit like the "Do houses disappear when landlords sell them" problem? I am confident that the jobs that are needed will be there, and jobs that are not really needed on a large scale (banking, property related skimming) won`t be. Obviously some other sectors and firms are going to have problems...maybe, but we can live through it, the present status quo regarding the EU is changing whether we do Brexit or not.

UK only talking.

You lose jobs when the Japanese leave (they are not allowed to base themselves in a tax haven) and a third of SMEs are tipped over the edge. The UK is in a bad place thanks to 40 years of Hayek neo-liberalism, but Brexit will pour petrol on the bonfire.

I see that as opportunity to do something different. I don't understand why a third of SME's would be tipped over the edge - hardly any (<25%) deal with the EU. As I said, the EU has protected it's own workers less than the UK has and so it's not a great advert for how to do things.

14 minutes ago, micawber said:

Lol - yes you’re confused.