House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

• Replies 145.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GrizzlyDave

• Confusion of VIs

• thehowler

• jonb2

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do.   https://twitter.com/housepricemania

1409 pages....you guys should have your own forum !!!

Oh OK. Shame that really, but hey it looks like @IMHAL helped us both out. Nice repost though, thanks ! Any thoughts ?  

Posted Images

OK, so what happens next?

It is all very well saying "Out won, get on with it" but get on with what?

Your side can't even agree what Out means.

Boris isn't "my side" he is clearly controlled opposition.The official campaign never expected or wanted to "win".That should be painfully obvious to anybody.

Bransons Chinese contacts must have been looking at the direct integration into Europe for their business model.

On 'racism'.

Hardly.

I'm in probably 15 to 20 countries every year with work and have friends from all creeds, races, and religions.

Ever been to China?

Ever been to Vancouver? How about New Zealand, Australia?

I lived on the edge of Chinatown in Toronto for almost a decade.

They will buy their way in on this 'points' based system being referred to. It's simply a numbers game. There are more rich Chinese than there are Brits.

A BREXIT government will have no choice.

So all the folk that voted BREXIT based on fear of immigration who seemingly can can't abide the small differences between mostly Caucasian christian ethnicity will be very upset with the massive cultural differences between Asian and Caucasian.

As they say, be careful what you wish for.

A rich person from any country can buy their way into the UK already by using the Tier 1 Investor Visa. They have to invest £2m but not necessarily in a business, it could just be in shares. Until Nov 2014 they didn't actually need the £2m cash, just a loan from a bank!

Currently lots of foreigners (inc Chinese) are buying their way into the UK by a cheaper back door called the EU. Countries such as Portugal, Greece, Cyprus, Macedonia have residency schemes that are much cheaper than ours but as they allow residence there, they all currently bring access to the UK as well.

A rich person from any country can buy their way into the UK already by using the Tier 1 Investor Visa. They have to invest £2m but not necessarily in a business, it could just be in shares. Until Nov 2014 they didn't actually need the £2m cash, just a loan from a bank!

Currently lots of foreigners (inc Chinese) are buying their way into the UK by a cheaper back door called the EU. Countries such as Portugal, Greece, Cyprus, Macedonia have residency schemes that are much cheaper than ours but as they allow residence there, they all currently bring access to the UK as well.

Maybe the Chinese don`t already come here in greater numbers because of all the lowlifes we currently let in.

A BREXIT government will have no choice.

So all the folk that voted BREXIT based on fear of immigration who seemingly can can't abide the small differences between mostly Caucasian christian ethnicity will be very upset with the massive cultural differences between Asian and Caucasian.

Welp, rather a few ultra rich Chinese than the million refugees Merkel invites in per year.Lets face it 90%+ of the rich Chinese will buy only in London anyway and London is not an English city anymore unlike the refugees that get free housing anywhere in the country.

OK, so what happens next?

It is all very well saying "Out won, get on with it" but get on with what?

Well that's kinda the point.

Some folk really need to get past this 'must have the future planned out in detail or we're all gonna die' mentality.

It's awfully self-limiting.

We start talking, people talk back. Stuff comes out the other side. Life continues.

The UK is very vulnerable to any shock of the credibility because it has huge (200% of GDP, 3.6tn) short term liabilities versus the rest of the world (many foreigners have deposits in the UK banks).

On the positive side the UK made around 250bn on 10% drop of sterling. The UK has foreign denominated assets but borrows in sterling.

page 11 https://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/scr/2016/cr1658.pdf

Well that's kinda the point.

Some folk really need to get past this 'must have the future planned out in detail or we're all gonna die' mentality.

It's awfully self-limiting.

We start talking, people talk back. Stuff comes out the other side. Life continues.

Step 1 ...is to get new Prime Minister in place....it flows from there..... :rolleyes:

You seem to agree that a large portion of them are economic migrants and NOT refugees. I came across this article the other day, a cynic might propose this was the plan all along.

Poland’s new foreign minister has proposed forming an army out of the Syrian men arriving in Europe which could then return to their homeland to fight for freedom.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/poland/11998766/Polands-foreign-minister-proposes-forming-army-out-of-the-Syrian-men-arriving-in-Europe.html

I can throw my oar in on this as I know someone who is volunteering at the camps in Calais.

Yes there are people from everywhere, africa and the middle east. Many are just trying to get here because where they live is terrible and the image out side UK is one where the streets are paved with gold. At the camps they have split into there distinct groups and built camps for each, obviously used to this some of the africans have made what you could all african villages as they are obviously well used to the hardship. There are refugees in there, syrians mostly as there country is in bits, one of the worst things about it is little tiny kids babies and toddlers are being dragged out the sea and sitting in wet clothes. Some charities are looking for warm kids clothes so they can get them in them as soon as they are pulled out the water. Unfortunately under the law immigration has to treat everyone the same so someone just trying there handd from sudan is treated the same as syrians who have fled because they have no choice. Sort of opportunists looking to exploit a real crisis.

What is really bad too is a lot of arab countries who could arent taking anyone and have closed themselves off to refugees thats why Syrians make it all the way over here. How many countries do you need to cross before you get here?

There is also the issue that the UK gov funded and equipped the mercenaries which became isis so there is a certain amount of responsibility there.

Its not a black and white situation, obvious british people have a good sense of morals and when they see babies being pulled out the ocean they of course want to do there thing, it is a quality of the uk to help those in need. This is being exploited though but i dont really blame folk as a lot of the countries are just shit and the image projected of here isn't quite the same as living here. Given the circumstance i would try to get in here, worth it for the healthcare alone :) The Uk is totally broke though so taking some folk is the right thing to do but every country should be doing it and some arent doing bugger all and the media is very quiet on this.

What happens next ? Quite simple. We leave the EU and the UK doesn't slide into the sea. Its not difficult.

I think that this is the typical attitude of a Leaver. Nothing to lose. We just want change. Stop immigration. Don't bother to think it through too much, certainly not the consequences in case you heed hurts.

Sure its not difficult to negotiate our way out if you want to commit economic suicide that is - that's why the government are scrambling to get the best brains on board to get us out of this unholy mess.

Some people will not understand they are up [email protected]@t creek until they are personally impacted - that will happen soon enough.

Welcome to the new Britain - sorry, soon to be Little England and Tiny Appendage Wales.

You seem to agree that a large portion of them are economic migrants and NOT refugees. I came across this article the other day, a cynic might propose this was the plan all along.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/poland/11998766/Polands-foreign-minister-proposes-forming-army-out-of-the-Syrian-men-arriving-in-Europe.html

Yeah I couldn't quote on numbers I would say a large number are opportunists. Which is terrible because entire cities in Syria are flattened and these folk are in real need. Due to the way immigration works though everyone has to be treated the same so the genuine cases suffer due to folk just trying to get in. TBH the arab countries should be doing more and are doing very little they are buck passing to us due to them being different kinds of muslim.

What happens next ? Quite simple. We leave the EU and the UK doesn't slide into the sea. Its not difficult.

That is a bit, simplistic isn't it?

What about

1. People who live in other countries

2. Businesses who trade with other countries

Do you think there will be a point where you'll get tired of predicting Armageddon and insulting people's intelligence on here? And are we near that point yet?

I notice the FTSE's crashed up by about 2% today. Christ.

I don't think asking what the plan is is that much of an insult.

If what Nigel wants is completely different to what Boris wants then who gets to decide?

UKIP weren't elected last week, they still only have 1 MP.

Of course it's simplistic. Would you like me to put down my detailed plan of exactly how this is going to happen ? Unfortunately I don't have a team of researchers, a huge budget and a couple of months free time to produce this...

The basics are very simple. That's all us plebs should have to worry about. Those in positions of power are the ones that need to get into the nitty gritty of it all - and they have 2 years to do so. Should be plenty of time.

Of course it's simplistic. Would you like me to put down my detailed plan of exactly how this is going to happen ? Unfortunately I don't have a team of researchers, a huge budget and a couple of months free time to produce this...

The basics are very simple. That's all us plebs should have to worry about. Those in positions of power are the ones that need to get into the nitty gritty of it all - and they have 2 years to do so. Should be plenty of time.

What are the basics? Because "getting out the EU" is fairly pointless if it is replaced with almost exactly the same thing which is pretty much what will happen.

Ok well I will give you my starting point.

Get a team together asap to get stuck into this. The first thing they should focus on are the POSITIVES of us leaving. All those rules, regulations, laws, red tape etc.. that we can now just brush aside.

Get that out there in the public to show the GOOD things that are coming our way. And make this very vocal and proudly stated to the World. Sell ourselves.

Then get onto everything else.