House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
4 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

We rejected all the better options, so are now left with the shite.

The WA is not a finished document - no date on transition extension for instance. I think the EU/27 are still expecting they'll have to move further.

If it's voted down in the HoC that will focus minds.

HOLA442
22 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

Nothing wrong about having the argument after we’ve left, moreover remain did a pisspoor job of convincing the people during the referendum, by making it purely economic.  For most leavers, it goes beyond economic reasons.  However we are leaving, and that still hasn’t sunk in to many.  If there were ever a second referendum, it should be “how we should leave” not should we leave.

May's deal is not leaving, it is can kicking with no clearer exit at the end of the "transition" than we have now.

Two years downstream we will face the same question do we want to leave or not. How people's views will change in the meantime is anyone's guess

HOLA443
1 minute ago, Confusion of VIs said:

May's deal is not leaving, it is can kicking with no clearer exit at the end of the "transition" than we have now.

Two years downstream we will face the same question do we want to leave or not. How people's views will change in the meantime is anyone's guess

Will we be a third country?  Will will be subject to ever closer union?  

HOLA444
1 minute ago, Confusion of VIs said:

I guess it gives this thread a chance of making it to 5,000 pages... ?

HOLA445
HOLA446
12 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

I’m an engineer - defence is fascinating to me - as is the pursuit of freedom and liberty and egality. That often comes from the barrel of a gun, and you need the strength to use force or stand as a witness to atrocity.

But it is Macron and Merkel calling for an EU army. To defend against China, Russia, and America. Seriously, WTF America. America liberated France and rebuilt Germany. It’s astounding what is being said. Truly astounding.

Astounding that you have picked up on Trump's interpretation of what Macron said. He was talking about the need to defend against America's unreliability as a partner not defend against America.

The logic for an EU army (I think it was actually a European not EU army, and we have already expressed an interest in participating in some aspects of it) is that jointly we currently outspend Russia on defence by a factor of 3 but have vastly inferior armed forces owing to duplication of effort and featherbedding of national defence firms. 

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
2 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

I’m an engineer - defence is fascinating to me - as is the pursuit of freedom and liberty and egality. That often comes from the barrel of a gun, and you need the strength to use force or stand as a witness to atrocity.

But it is Macron and Merkel calling for an EU army. To defend against China, Russia, and America. Seriously, WTF America. America liberated France and rebuilt Germany. It’s astounding what is being said. Truly astounding.

It is a dangerous fascination, weapons are not toys but machines designed to kill. You should have had spent some time in WW1 trenches to cure you.

You have a very strange idea of the freedom,  you want barricade yourself from the rest of the world and taking hostage 35mln people. Just because of your nostalgic love of the world, which you feel disappears.   

What they propose is not against US, it is more because of the US as they don't think US is a reliable partner. Trump is just insane. As I said there should be no US, China, Russia, Europe etc, just us. 

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
7 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Astounding that you have picked up on Trump's interpretation of what Macron said. He was talking about the need to defend against America's unreliability as a partner not defend against America.

The logic for an EU army (I think it was actually a European not EU army, and we have already expressed an interest in participating in some aspects of it) is that jointly we currently outspend Russia on defence by a factor of 3 but have vastly inferior armed forces owing to duplication of effort and featherbedding of national defence firms. 

Perhaps Macron should have been a bit clearer...

“We have to protect ourselves with respect to China, Russia and even the United States of America”

3 minutes ago, slawek said:

It is a dangerous fascination, weapons are not toys but machines designed to kill. You should have had spent some time in WW1 trenches to cure you.

You have a very strange idea of the freedom,  you want barricade yourself from the rest of the world and taking hostage 35mln people. Just because of your nostalgic love of the world, which you feel disappears.   

What they propose is not against US, it is more because of the US as they don't think US is a reliable partner. Trump is just insane. As I said there should be no US, China, Russia, Europe etc, just us. 

You know nothing Jon Snow. 

HOLA4413
19 minutes ago, thehowler said:

The WA is not a finished document - no date on transition extension for instance. I think the EU/27 are still expecting they'll have to move further.

If it's voted down in the HoC that will focus minds.

I suspect you won't get a hard date on the transition extension, it would be just another opportunity for failure.    

Not sure about the EU moving more. If the gossip is correct they have already said that they will not grant an A50 extension to carry on talking, unless it is for a second referendum, and want to formally move to planning for a no deal exit if May cannot get the deal through.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
44 minutes ago, slawek said:

the less armies the better,  less chances for a war in Europe. Ideally there should be no armies at all, hopefully we reach this at some point. GD your fascination with weapons, armies and dividing people is dangerous. You are sowing the seeds of the future wars.  

I was also thinking this. GD comes across as a weirdo.

HOLA4416
1 minute ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Perhaps Macron should have been a bit clearer...

“We have to protect ourselves with respect to China, Russia and even the United States of America”

You know nothing Jon Snow. 

You know even less, stuck in your archaic, we vs them.   

HOLA4417
11 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Unreliable partner....??? because the Europeans have taken advantage and taken for granted US protection for decades whilst underfunding on their own defence and instead funding generous welfare programmes that US tax payers can only dream of...little wonder the US are sick of it and raising concerns.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
4 minutes ago, rollover said:

Brexiters wanted the Brexit deal, voted for it. And now when May finally deliver it they are still moaning.

What the aculay want now and what are they unhappy with?

They are unhappy with their overdrawn expectations. The responsibility is on them for holding those along with the propagandists who sold them the undeliverable (self/other) deception. Fvck 'em.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
3 minutes ago, wish I could afford one said:

But the DUP don't like it - "...the party's Sammy Wilson says "it's a poor deal, a bad deal, and a deal that the prime minister said she would not accept.""

Not everyone will be happy with the Brexit deal, but it is the best deal May could negotiate.