House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

• Replies 145.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GrizzlyDave

• Confusion of VIs

• thehowler

• jonb2

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do.   https://twitter.com/housepricemania

1409 pages....you guys should have your own forum !!!

Oh OK. Shame that really, but hey it looks like @IMHAL helped us both out. Nice repost though, thanks ! Any thoughts ?  

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, frederico said:

Well Labour will vote against it to try and get an election, the DUP do not appear to accept it at all, and a few hardline tory mps may vote against, so no bill.

But labour won't get an election so as usual our selfish politicians are going to end up with something they don't want and the people of the country don't want.

All because the eu wouldn't be a little bit flexible on the Irish boarder.

They are restricted what they can offer the UK, by their existing treaties & WTO.  Outside the single market - here's CETA.  Inside?  EEA.  The UK wont get a permanent deal which is the same level of access as Norway, but with the same responsibilities as Canada.  Third country is third country.

I reckon no deal still - until it has been ratified by the EU parliament & UK parliament.

Edited by Dave Beans
4 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

Most of parlament don't want any kind of Brexit.

If they vote for May's plan, then we might as well just stay in.

Hilarious nonsense brought upon us by total retards in the Tory party.

+1

Sums up the fiasco nicely: https://hat4uk.wordpress.com/2018/11/13/explosive-a-plain-mans-guide-to-brexit-reality-the-eight-brexit-murderers-named/

Edited by Shamus
Added link
8 minutes ago, thehowler said:

As long as there's a clear way to get out of the backstop, I think it'll pass.

The hard core can stamp their feet as much as they want, but if they want Brexit they've got nothing else to offer that fixes NI in the eyes of the EU/27.

I suppose it would help if Barnier announced later this week that this is the firm and final offer and the EU has no interest in extending Art 50...

The deal is not ideal, but it is the best Brexit deal May could negotiate under current circumstances. Now is the time for Tories to go behind her and support her Brexit deal.

1 minute ago, Dave Beans said:

They are restricted what they can offer the UK, by their existing treaties & WTO.  Outside the single market - here's CETA.  Inside?  EEA.  The UK wont get a permanent deal which is the same level of access as Norway, but with the same responsibilities as Canada.  Third country is third country.

I reckon no deal still.

Logic says no deal, but I can't believe they are going to let that happen, I expect some sort of staying in fudge . I would love to see a no deal crash out, just for the lols .

1 minute ago, Social Justice League said:

It won't be a "stay in fudge", it will be a "peoples vote", imo.

May's deal is even worse then staying in and everyone with half a brain ca see it in flashing lights.

Hilarious nonsense.

Have you read the deal? Would you prefer a good deal or a bad deal? Or do you just not care about the deal in any way, shape or form?

Just now, Social Justice League said:

It won't be a "stay in fudge", it will be a "peoples vote", imo.

May's deal is even worse then staying in and everyone with half a brain ca see it in flashing lights.

Hilarious nonsense.

But they public promise is to deliver Brexit. And there is a Brexit deal with the EU now.

5 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

We'll see soon, but I think Brexit was "never meant" to happen.

Not long now until the truth appears.

I don't think it will happen, there'll be some sort of government of national unity that puts the whole thing of.

Edited by frederico
2 minutes ago, rollover said:

But they public promise is to deliver Brexit. And there is a Brexit deal with the EU now.

Wise words from rollover tonight. The EU/27 have put something on the table. It might be generous, it might be the best we can hope for.

Pressure coming down tomorrow...MPs will be saying no to close ties with Europe if they reject it out of hand.