House Price Crash Forum
GreenDevil

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

3 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

Post hard Brexit, the UK will most likely implement a version of Mrs May's deal..in the form of an association agreement..

And what benefits will that bring?

10 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

Post hard Brexit, the UK will most likely implement a version of Mrs May's deal..in the form of an association agreement..

Or negotiate to rejoin, hopefully including Schengen and the Euro.

4 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Bilateral free trade without any loss of sovereignty, territory, or autonomy.

Nice words GD...... what does that really mean, how none delusional is that and how does that translate into an advantage over what we have now? I'm in open minded mode....seriously.

Edited by IMHAL

1 minute ago, IMHAL said:

Nice words GD...... what does that mean and how does that translate into an advantage over what we have now? I'm in open minded mode....seriously.

Why don’t you have a stab at making a list of it all yourself.

It’s all been said many times before...

4 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Bilateral free trade without any loss of sovereignty, territory, or autonomy.

No loss of sovereignty or autonomy means no deals.

Any deal on anything with another nation implies some loss of sovereignty/autonomy.

2 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

No loss of sovereignty or autonomy means no deals.

Any deal on anything with another nation implies some loss of sovereignty/autonomy.

I disagree.

Just now, GrizzlyDave said:

Why don’t you have a stab at making a list of it all yourself.

It’s all been said many times before...

The economic rational of Brexit has been debunked so i am curious as to what the 'other' main argument has to offer. Sure, sovereignty has been discussed, but not to as decisive a conclusion as the economic one. Also, it should be the Brexiteers who should put up the case..they are the ones in the driving seat after all..... we are in their hands are we not. Please enlighten us. 

5 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

I disagree.

But you are wrong.

If by your definition of sovereignty international deals don't involve a loss of sovereignty, then we have nothing to regain.  

7 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

The economic rational of Brexit has been debunked so i am curious as to what the 'other' main argument has to offer. Sure, sovereignty has been discussed, but not to as decisive a conclusion as the economic one. Also, it should be the Brexiteers who should put up the case..they are the ones in the driving seat after all..... we are in their hands are we not. Please enlighten us. 

Whenever brexiteers explain the many benefits and reasons we receive immediate ridicule.

It’s all been said before. There’s 3000 pages of it.

8 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

With our record, over the last 22 years, of electing useless governments, bring it on. 

The inability in terms of our current governance is not an excuse to subsubjugate ourselves to  others. If there are genuine advantages to 'more' sovereignty them they should be considered in situ. Then again if there is no advantage to this notion of 'extra' sovereignty then it should be put to bed.

2 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

But you are wrong.

If by your definition of sovereignty international deals don't involve a loss of sovereignty, then we have nothing to regain.  

Example.

1 minute ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Whenever brexiteers explain the many benefits and reasons we receive immediate ridicule.

Ridicule means criticism that has not been countered. Restate the advantages of the 'extra' sovereignty and we can, one way or another put it to bed.

15 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

The inability in terms of our current governance is not an excuse to subsubjugate ourselves to  others. If there are genuine advantages to 'more' sovereignty them they should be considered in situ. Then again if there is no advantage to this notion of 'extra' sovereignty then it should be put to bed.

The assaults on personal freedom, over the last 22 years, have destroyed any patriotism I may once have had. The cameras are all in place and the stage is set for the arrival of another, but competent, authoritarian leader to have a field day.

The European Convention on Human Rights and the ECJ have become our safety net.

Edited by Bruce Banner

4 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

The assaults on personal freedom, over the last 22 years, have destroyed any patriotism I may once have had. The stage is set for the arrival of another, but competent, authoritarian leader to have a field day.

The European Convention on Human Rights has become our safety net.

Very damming .....but fair point. 

11 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

There maybe 3000 pages of posts but to date I haven't seen anything that comes close to a coherent and credible vision for a Brexit that will benefit the majority of Britons..

Lots of ridiculous claims that are easy to debunk (or ridicule) but nothing that stands up to any degree of scrutiny.  

4 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

The assaults on personal freedom, over the last 22 years, have destroyed any patriotism I may once have had. The stage is set for the arrival of another, but competent, authoritarian leader to have a field day.

The European Convention on Human Rights has become our safety net.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

Hard Power. 👊

Gavin-Williamson-1245707.jpg

26 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Any international deal that places obligations on the other party i.e. any international deal. 

That is my understanding.....in any bilateral deal you have to agree to ceed sovereignty...ie give and take...otherwise it ain't bilateral and it an't a deal.

Maybe we should just have unilateral trade deals?......take it or leave...on our terms, we decide what the terms are, we decide if they have been upheld........ you're our bitch or we don't trade with you. Not very appealing in this day and age.

Edited by IMHAL

11 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Hard Power. 👊

We could always threaten to nuke them if they don't give us a trade deal....... that'll learn them.

24 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Hard Power. 👊

Jeez, with the grey hair, Harry Potter looks almost 23 y.o. in that photo. I'll bet you wee Vladimir is bricking it........Not.

1 hour ago, Confusion of VIs said:

But you are wrong.

There is a difference...intergovernmental vs supranational.