Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
GreenDevil

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

Post hard Brexit, the UK will most likely implement a version of Mrs May's deal..in the form of an association agreement..

And what benefits will that bring?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

Post hard Brexit, the UK will most likely implement a version of Mrs May's deal..in the form of an association agreement..

Or negotiate to rejoin, hopefully including Schengen and the Euro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Bilateral free trade without any loss of sovereignty, territory, or autonomy.

Nice words GD...... what does that really mean, how none delusional is that and how does that translate into an advantage over what we have now? I'm in open minded mode....seriously.

Edited by IMHAL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IMHAL said:

Nice words GD...... what does that mean and how does that translate into an advantage over what we have now? I'm in open minded mode....seriously.

Why don’t you have a stab at making a list of it all yourself.

It’s all been said many times before...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Bilateral free trade without any loss of sovereignty, territory, or autonomy.

No loss of sovereignty or autonomy means no deals.

Any deal on anything with another nation implies some loss of sovereignty/autonomy.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

No loss of sovereignty or autonomy means no deals.

Any deal on anything with another nation implies some loss of sovereignty/autonomy.

 

 

I disagree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GrizzlyDave said:

Why don’t you have a stab at making a list of it all yourself.

It’s all been said many times before...

The economic rational of Brexit has been debunked so i am curious as to what the 'other' main argument has to offer. Sure, sovereignty has been discussed, but not to as decisive a conclusion as the economic one. Also, it should be the Brexiteers who should put up the case..they are the ones in the driving seat after all..... we are in their hands are we not. Please enlighten us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

I disagree.

But you are wrong.

If by your definition of sovereignty international deals don't involve a loss of sovereignty, then we have nothing to regain.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

The economic rational of Brexit has been debunked so i am curious as to what the 'other' main argument has to offer. Sure, sovereignty has been discussed, but not to as decisive a conclusion as the economic one. Also, it should be the Brexiteers who should put up the case..they are the ones in the driving seat after all..... we are in their hands are we not. Please enlighten us. 

Whenever brexiteers explain the many benefits and reasons we receive immediate ridicule.

It’s all been said before. There’s 3000 pages of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

With our record, over the last 22 years, of electing useless governments, bring it on. 

The inability in terms of our current governance is not an excuse to subsubjugate ourselves to  others. If there are genuine advantages to 'more' sovereignty them they should be considered in situ. Then again if there is no advantage to this notion of 'extra' sovereignty then it should be put to bed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

But you are wrong.

If by your definition of sovereignty international deals don't involve a loss of sovereignty, then we have nothing to regain.  

 

Example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Whenever brexiteers explain the many benefits and reasons we receive immediate ridicule.

It’s all been said before. There’s 3000 pages of it.

Ridicule means criticism that has not been countered. Restate the advantages of the 'extra' sovereignty and we can, one way or another put it to bed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

The inability in terms of our current governance is not an excuse to subsubjugate ourselves to  others. If there are genuine advantages to 'more' sovereignty them they should be considered in situ. Then again if there is no advantage to this notion of 'extra' sovereignty then it should be put to bed.

The assaults on personal freedom, over the last 22 years, have destroyed any patriotism I may once have had. The cameras are all in place and the stage is set for the arrival of another, but competent, authoritarian leader to have a field day.

The European Convention on Human Rights and the ECJ have become our safety net.

Edited by Bruce Banner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

The assaults on personal freedom, over the last 22 years, have destroyed any patriotism I may once have had. The stage is set for the arrival of another, but competent, authoritarian leader to have a field day.

The European Convention on Human Rights has become our safety net.

Very damming .....but fair point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Whenever brexiteers explain the many benefits and reasons we receive immediate ridicule.

It’s all been said before. There’s 3000 pages of it.

There maybe 3000 pages of posts but to date I haven't seen anything that comes close to a coherent and credible vision for a Brexit that will benefit the majority of Britons..

Lots of ridiculous claims that are easy to debunk (or ridicule) but nothing that stands up to any degree of scrutiny.  

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

The assaults on personal freedom, over the last 22 years, have destroyed any patriotism I may once have had. The stage is set for the arrival of another, but competent, authoritarian leader to have a field day.

The European Convention on Human Rights has become our safety net.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

Hard Power. 👊

Gavin-Williamson-1245707.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Any international deal that places obligations on the other party i.e. any international deal. 

That is my understanding.....in any bilateral deal you have to agree to ceed sovereignty...ie give and take...otherwise it ain't bilateral and it an't a deal.

Maybe we should just have unilateral trade deals?......take it or leave...on our terms, we decide what the terms are, we decide if they have been upheld........ you're our bitch or we don't trade with you. Not very appealing in this day and age.

Edited by IMHAL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

Hard Power. 👊

Gavin-Williamson-1245707.jpg

We could always threaten to nuke them if they don't give us a trade deal....... that'll learn them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

Hard Power. 👊

Gavin-Williamson-1245707.jpg

Jeez, with the grey hair, Harry Potter looks almost 23 y.o. in that photo. I'll bet you wee Vladimir is bricking it........Not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Confusion of VIs said:

But you are wrong.

If by your definition of sovereignty international deals don't involve a loss of sovereignty, then we have nothing to regain.  

 

There is a difference...intergovernmental vs supranational. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • The Prime Minister stated that there were three Brexit options available to the UK:   325 members have voted

    1. 1. Which of the Prime Minister's options would you choose?


      • Leave with the negotiated deal
      • Remain
      • Leave with no deal

    Please sign in or register to vote in this poll. View topic


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.