House Price Crash Forum
GreenDevil

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

10 hours ago, yodigo said:

I don't agree. They turned a problem that people thought they could do nothing about, so they ignored it to pretend it wasn't a problem, into a problem they suddenly could do something about, so no need to pretend it isn't a problem any more.

I see exactly this behaviour where I live concerning various issues - to face up to them is to admit you have a problem but no way to fix it - hard to cope with mentally.

The survey doesn't say that, so it's not true.

28 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Has he chucked away a perfectly working fridge? That seems a wasteful...

Yeah, he made the wrong call on his Union Jack fridge staying put...

The leader of the Liberal MEPs said Tuesday he was confident that the U.K. would stay in the EU — so confident that his ALDE group’s British flag-branded refrigerator was wheeled out for a press conference...“The European Parliament’s starting point is that the U.K. must stay in the European Union,” he said. “Like this fridge, I can tell you, is going to still be our fridge in this press office.”

https://www.politico.eu/article/dont-panic-guy-verhofstadts-fridge-is-staying-put-david-cameron/

fridge.jpg.7b4f6976c52443783a168af3988d93b1.jpg

in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png

unmiss-sound-button-muted-e74d67a0c85c3548f07d7564782a269c.svg
Edited by thehowler

9 minutes ago, rollover said:

How and why?

Think if you made a similar statement based on race or gender instead of age. 

5 minutes ago, thehowler said:

Yeah, he made the wrong call on his Union Jack fridge staying put...

The leader of the Liberal MEPs said Tuesday he was confident that the U.K. would stay in the EU — so confident that his ALDE group’s British flag-branded refrigerator was wheeled out for a press conference...“The European Parliament’s starting point is that the U.K. must stay in the European Union,” he said. “Like this fridge, I can tell you, is going to still be our fridge in this press office.”

https://www.politico.eu/article/dont-panic-guy-verhofstadts-fridge-is-staying-put-david-cameron/

fridge.jpg.7b4f6976c52443783a168af3988d93b1.jpg

in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png

unmiss-sound-button-muted-e74d67a0c85c3548f07d7564782a269c.svg

What a chunt.

2 hours ago, yodigo said:

Run down for 40 years, about the same time we've been in the EU and it's predecessors.

You did not answer my questions. Doubt you can. Still I would like to know why we are so much worse than our counterparts in the EU.

Extreme poverty
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/11/05/uk/uk-austerity-un-rapporteur-intl/index.html?

UK has worst economic forecast in Europe
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-latest-uk-economy-eu-european-commission-autumn-forecasts-gdp-a8623716.html

More jobs going
https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/leave-supporting-llanelli-left-reeling-as-manufacturing-industry-moves-out-due-to-brexit/08/11/?fbclid=IwAR35CsAeRfOpUREW5yNraRZFKdj7JXWk04OxWdTxNy8ChCl79k5peso-NZA

Asset stripping continues
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-qatar-acquisition-britain/qatar-agrees-to-buy-londons-grosvenor-house-hotel-source-idUKKCN1NB29L

But you keep on being a good Tory. Don't forget to doff your cap to your betters.

20160727_ma_wages.jpg

Screen-Shot-2017-04-21-at-13.53.09.png

top-incomes-768x549.png

DjvGE_UW4AYzd8a.jpg

8 minutes ago, kzb said:

Think if you made a similar statement based on race or gender instead of age. 

What would have happened if I did?

Jonb2 you do realise all those plots are for data pre-dating the referendum?

2 hours ago, GrizzlyDave said:

We don’t need A CU or ECJ to harmonise standards.

We harmonise standards with the USA, Singapore, Australia etc.

Not in a common market.

51 minutes ago, kzb said:

Jonb2 you do realise all those plots are for data pre-dating the referendum?

Of course I do K. The links are current though.

I am sure they have not got better since. My point (as it always has been) is the dire disparity between us and the other major countries in the EU. The slippage of OUR economy and society compared.

I was replying to someone who implied all our woes are due to the EU since 1979. If so, why are we so badly off in comparison to the others.

As I said, Brexit will change nothing here. For the vast majority, it will just decline quicker. Until people wake up and realise/admit it's our lot that have done the damage - they will get off scot-free and continue enriching themselves and their cabal.

7 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

Of course I do K. The links are current though.

I am sure they have not got better since. My point (as it always has been) is the dire disparity between us and the other major countries in the EU. The slippage of OUR economy and society compared.

I was replying to someone who implied all our woes are due to the EU since 1979. If so, why are we so badly off in comparison to the others.

As I said, Brexit will change nothing here. For the vast majority, it will just decline quicker. Until people wake up and realise/admit it's our lot that have done the damage - they will get off scot-free and continue enriching themselves and their cabal.

If this is true - then a vote to remain would change zero.

At least with leaving our socioeconomic and political outlook is placed under a magnifying glass and may actually result in change for the better.

Why vote for more of the same!

2 hours ago, jonb2 said:

Thats interesting with Poland gunning it on wage growth. I work in a niche property development trade in London and have had the conversation loads of times. They are transitory workers here and a great many can up sticks in a matter of days and take opportunities in Gdansk or some other booming place. Arek told me so.

8 minutes ago, smash said:

I work in a niche property development trade in London.

So you've moved up since being a residential caretaker? The reason I say this is because I'd have more respect for that and am wondering if you've spiced your job title up inadvertently making yourself look suspicious on a forum that addresses the UK housing crisis.

4 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

So you've moved up since being a residential caretaker? The reason I say this is because I'd have more respect for that and am wondering if you've spiced your job title up inadvertently making yourself look suspicious on a forum that addresses the UK housing crisis.

2007 son. I'm a proper HPCer. Troll confirmation for yourself basically with you digging that out.

Just now, smash said:

2007 son. I'm a proper HPCer. Troll confirmation for yourself basically with you digging that out. 

It was on the first page and took 30 seconds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

"In Internet slang, a troll (/trl, trɒl/) is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain."

You claim to work in Property development in London so I can't meet you halfway on digressive or Tangenial, however if you found my actions inflammatory then feel free to use that classification of troll for yourself. I don't find you inflammatory.

10 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

It was on the first page and took 30 seconds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

"In Internet slang, a troll (/trl, trɒl/) is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain."

You claim to work in Property development in London so I can't meet you halfway on digressive or Tangenial, however if you found my actions inflammatory then feel free to use that classification of troll for yourself. I don't find you inflammatory.

What a creep.

2 hours ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Sorry i don’t follow what you mean here.

In the UK, we have a single market, therefore all the rules and regulations must be adhered to by all regions of the UK, and the people have the courts of the UK to turn to for settling disputes.

The EU is a single market in much the same way. It therefore has rules and regulations that govern operations of the single market and a court to settle disputes.

May calls in Cabinet to read 'nearly-there' text of Brexit

Theresa May has called in the Cabinet to read a nearly-complete version of the Brexit divorce deal - as EU leaders said the package is in the 'landing zone'. It is the latest sign that the two sides are closing in on an agreement. Daily Mail

Slowly but surely Brexit is nearly-there.

2 minutes ago, rollover said:

Slowly but surely Brexit is nearly-there.

Unless a backstop is signed, sealed & delivered, it ain't going anywhere..

13 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

In the UK, we have a single market, therefore all the rules and regulations must be adhered to by all regions of the UK, and the people have the courts of the UK to turn to for settling disputes.

The EU is a single market in much the same way. It therefore has rules and regulations that govern operations of the single market and a court to settle disputes.

Understood...

4 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

Yeh. You posted something on the internet and I read it. Shocker.

Halloween was like a week ago son.

6 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

Yeh. You posted something on the internet and I read it. Shocker.

I just checked that comment I put on HPC in 2007. In it I talk about less than 10 hours a week in that capacity. Dude, I used to regularly do 100 quid service calls that take less than an hour on top of having a free place to live in Kensington.

1 minute ago, smash said:

I just checked that comment I put on HPC in 2007. In it I talk about less than 10 hours a week in that capacity. Dude, I used to regularly do 100 quid service calls that take less than an hour on top of having a free place to live in Kensington. 

It doesn't matter. I wasn't calling you up on that or trying to embarrass you. You gave the impression you where a property developer. As I already said: "The reason I say this is because I'd have more respect for that and am wondering if you've spiced your job title up inadvertently making yourself look suspicious on a forum that addresses the UK housing crisis."

16 minutes ago, smash said:

Halloween was like a week ago son.

.......BOO!