House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
5 hours ago, HairyOb1 said:

Well given you seem to know 10% of fark all in politics, then I can see why you'd think not; Ma cron is desperately trying to reform labour rules, which is meeting fierce opposition, Trudeau has the highest ratings of any president, Imran Khan has spoken of returning the country and its wealth to the people, Solberg has helped make her country one of the most socially responsible yet rich countries on earth, and I don't think I need to go on; you think these folk are not doing a good job?  I think you're a bit touched.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Macron

I think I have the brains to see that Frances youngest ever President who was catapulted from being an investment banks stooge to President within a few years has zero interest in what's good for the nation he allegedly leads...:lol:

Never mind the rest of them. 

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
7 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

Nato uses English, EU uses local languages.

Makes sense,

English is the native language of Several key NATO members, a lot of the kit is USA/UK, English is also the lingua franca in the maritime world and International air transport and air traffic control.

Edited by GrizzlyDave

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Brexit: Is anyone listening?

The construction industry feels sidelined by the government in its vision for Brexit, complaining that ministers just aren’t listening. Since EU citizens make up one-fifth of registered architects working in the UK, Vallance says it is urgent to get certainty for them.

Vallance says: “While we’ve had some good conversations, there isn’t much coming out the other side. There are seven months to go before we officially leave the EU, and there has been little in the way of specifics around areas like mutual recognition of professional qualifications. 

“I’ve no doubt that practices will make the best of whatever Brexit turns out like. But no one likes uncertainty, and it would be much more helpful if we could get more [from ministers] in the way of detail,” says Vallance. building

Which industry will benefit from Brexit?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
7 hours ago, ccc said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Macron

I think I have the brains to see that Frances youngest ever President who was catapulted from being an investment banks stooge to President within a few years has zero interest in what's good for the nation he allegedly leads...:lol:

Never mind the rest of them. 

You know nothing Jon Snow.....

Macron is working through some incredibly hard labour law changes, changes that are required.  I haven't started a French company solely based on the fact it's incredibly bureaucratic, that most people tend to start a company and change it 2 years later as after 2 years, different rules klick in.  He's affecting change to that, and the people who benefitted are not happy.  France is also an incredibly restrictive country to employ people, in that once you've employed them, it's possibly the hardest country in the world to then sack them, no matter what they do, to a degree; coming into work naked with your poodle and proceeding to shag it would probably get you sacked, but only after 3 years of wrangling, and then you'd have to pay a severance.  He's facing obvious obstacles in these changes.  I will never start a French company whilst the current rules are in place.

7 hours ago, ccc said:

Sorry to inform you but you're about 20 months too late :blink:

:lol:

What is wrong with you lot. 

Again, you're wrong, that graph indicates peoples beliefs now, not 20 months ago.  It's also useful to see the country's mood, as politicians are swung by things that can remove them from power.

Just now, winkie said:

Actually I don't think a second referendum is required, I don't think the first worked why go through it all again.;)

Because we'd win ;)

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
3 hours ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Is it?

Aye, Dave, I was going to post on the YouGov poll but then I thought, what's the point, they'll just say it's unreliable/blip/inaccurate/biased etc. But yes, rather than any growing support for remain that the Peoples Vote crew are relying on, it shows the opposite is true, with a small move up for leave...

brexit.jpg.a365575a0d63ad4efb3691e489bea04e.jpg

HOLA4422
7 minutes ago, thehowler said:

Aye, Dave, I was going to post on the YouGov poll but then I thought, what's the point, they'll just say it's unreliable/blip/inaccurate/biased etc. But yes, rather than any growing support for remain that the Peoples Vote crew are relying on, it shows the opposite is true, with a small move up for leave...

brexit.jpg.a365575a0d63ad4efb3691e489bea04e.jpg

The numbers you posted does not add up.

HOLA4423
4 minutes ago, rollover said:

The numbers you posted does not add up.

In July, the split was 41-46 excl DKs. In Sep it's 43-46. That's a small move up for those saying we were right to leave.

They're not my numbers.

And I'm sure a different question would get a different split. My point was that I don't think the poll reflects a surge in people moving to remain.

HOLA4424
20 minutes ago, thehowler said:

In July, the split was 41-46 excl DKs. In Sep it's 43-46. That's a small move up for those saying we were right to leave.

They're not my numbers.

And I'm sure a different question would get a different split. My point was that I don't think the poll reflects a surge in people moving to remain.

I said, the numbers you posted does not add up, because there is a mistake in calculation.

HOLA4425