House Price Crash Forum
GreenDevil

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

13 minutes ago, thehowler said:

That'll be the five-page sketch from the EU on broad objectives then...I don't think Mr Starmer's tests will be met.

Well it gives them a legit mechanism for reversing the referendum result. 

I have to say the Tories are doing their utmost to lose the next election.

But this solution requires that life-long eurosceptic Labour leader would need replacing, and he's the only thing they'd vote for.  What a quandary.

1 minute ago, kzb said:

But this solution requires that life-long eurosceptic Labour leader would need replacing, and he's the only thing they'd vote for.  What a quandary.

Aye, some shocking polling out today for Corbs as favoured PM...mind you, check out the peak around election time.

France GDP growth 2018 Q2 = 0.2%

UK GDP growth 2018 Q2 = 0.4% 

26 minutes ago, kzb said:

UK GDP growth 2018 Q2 = 0.4% 

Beats the eurozone area too - that came in at 0.3% (I think, was out last month). All smoke and dust though. Even so, I'm sure it will get prominent mention in the Gruniad monthly economic impact digest..

The Turkish currency crash is more dramatic - 20% down at one point today - and twice as bad as the pound tumble at news we were abandoning our biggest trading partners and sailing off alone into the tempest. Some Italian banks are in deep with Turkey, those paybacks are going to hurt now.

22 hours ago, thecrashingisles said:

We retain the privilege of being part of a continent with a stable political system that is able to defend its interests in the world.  We'll just no longer have any say in that system.

What would they do otherwise ? Tow us away ? :lol:

I've heard it all now. 

Anyway - an incredible level of silence from the usual mouthy folk regarding all those countries in the EU who have never paid a membership fee - yet are still part of it and get all the supposed benefits. 

Nothing to say ? Not wanting to as it completely destroys your own argument ? . ..:rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, ccc said:

I've heard it all now. 

Anyway - an incredible level of silence from the usual mouthy folk regarding all those countries in the EU who have never paid a membership fee - yet are still part of it and get all the supposed benefits. 

Nothing to say ? Not wanting to as it completely destroys your own argument ? . ..:rolleyes:

It's a political union, not a members' club.

1 hour ago, ccc said:

I've heard it all now. 

LMAO

No way - don’t tell me the fifth largest billy big ******** economy in the universe* has been a net investor in its main market. Shocking !!! What would happen if all 27 EU countries quickly developed into wealthy sophisticated economies.Scary stuff !!!! :)

* actually, oddly,  we have some of the poorest regions in the EU. Hmmm ... must be the EU’s fault ?

4 hours ago, thecrashingisles said:

It's a political union, not a members' club.

3 hours ago, pig said:

LMAO

No way - don’t tell me the fifth largest billy big ******** economy in the universe* has been a net investor in its main market. Shocking !!! What would happen if all 27 EU countries quickly developed into wealthy sophisticated economies.Scary stuff !!!! :)

* actually, oddly,  we have some of the poorest regions in the EU. Hmmm ... must be the EU’s fault ?

Failed again. Try harder. 

15 hours ago, ccc said:

I've heard it all now. 

What do you want? You know that there are regions in the UK that never pay a membership fee to be in the UK but are subsidised by other regions?

There will always be richer and poorer areas and countries, so the countries of the union decided they would subsidise the poorer regions to help them grow, which is beneficial for the whole group.

21 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

What do you want? You know that there are regions in the UK that never pay a membership fee to be in the UK but are subsidised by other regions?

There will always be richer and poorer areas and countries, so the countries of the union decided they would subsidise the poorer regions to help them grow, which is beneficial for the whole group.

Says who ? 

Fact is - the EU is full of member states who have never - and will never - pay for their membership. Whilst we have done for almost half a century. 

They are the ones taking the piss - not us. 

28 minutes ago, ccc said:

Says who ? 

Fact is - the EU is full of member states who have never - and will never - pay for their membership. Whilst we have done for almost half a century. 

Says just about everyone. It's why richer areas subsidise poorer areas in the UK.

1 hour ago, dugsbody said:

Says just about everyone. It's why richer areas subsidise poorer areas in the UK.

We are not talking about the UK. We are taking about this special EU club. Where the majority of members are scroungers. 

2 minutes ago, ccc said:

We are not talking about the UK. We are taking about this special EU club. Where the majority of members are scroungers. 

I'm talking about the UK, where also, the majority of the regions are "scroungers".

56 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

I'm talking about the UK, where also, the majority of the regions are "scroungers".

So is it ok to be a scrounger who has their cake and eat it ? Or not ? 

20 hours ago, thehowler said:

Aye, some shocking polling out today for Corbs as favoured PM...mind you, check out the peak around election time.

The more people see Corbyn, the less likely theyll vote for him.

May, clunker an sll, is not offensive and has not spent her adult life hanging out eith murderers and loons.

58 minutes ago, ccc said:

So is it ok to be a scrounger who has their cake and eat it ? Or not ? 

Come on. We all know why you won't answer. 

You say it's fine ? Well that means the UK can do the same 

You say it's not fine ? You admit over half the EU member countries are taking the Mick. 

Check mate. Debate = won. :D

Absolutely amazing. Pure denial :lol:

Silence. Unusual. :D

6 hours ago, ccc said:

Says who ? 

That's nonsense.  Countries like Ireland are now net contributors and Ireland still has one of the fastest growth rates in Europe.  The level of fiscal transfers within the EU is tiny in the scheme of things anyway. 

1 hour ago, thecrashingisles said:

That's nonsense.  Countries like Ireland are now net contributors and Ireland still has one of the fastest growth rates in Europe.  The level of fiscal transfers within the EU is tiny in the scheme of things anyway. 

No it's not. More EU countries are net takers than providers. 

Do you dispute this point :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, spyguy said:

The more people see Corbyn, the less likely theyll vote for him.

May, clunker an sll, is not offensive and has not spent her adult life hanging out eith murderers and loons.

I can warm to Corbyn sometimes, there are so many other clowns in labour now over him, I cannot stand Jess Philips  or Dennis Skinner, but Dianne Abbott is going to blow it for Corbyn, what is he thinking.

7 hours ago, ccc said:

Says who ? 

We are paying these countries so they can buy German cars.  The Germans like them to keep the value of the euro down.  The whole setup is designed for German industry and French farmers. 

That is who the EU is for, we're just mugs paying in, for no benefit.

31 minutes ago, kzb said:

We are paying these countries so they can buy German cars.  The Germans like them to keep the value of the euro down.  The whole setup is designed for German industry and French farmers. 

That is who the EU is for, we're just mugs paying in, for no benefit.

Errr no !!

We are the greedy selfish ones and Portugal and Estonia are the very generous ones !!

Or maybe not..😎

2 hours ago, ccc said:

No it's not. More EU countries are net takers than providers. 

Do you dispute this point :rolleyes:

Hello hello :rolleyes: