House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441

Ryanair to pull London Stock Exchange listing because of Brexit

"...O’Leary told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme that the airline would need to delist from London in 2022 under foreign ownership rules....

He said most shares would be traded in Dublin and Brussels: “It’s sadly it’s an inevitable consequence of Brexit. It won’t fundamentally affect passengers … but increasingly we will want to have just European shareholders rather than UK shareholders.”

HOLA442
4 hours ago, dugsbody said:

We won't forget where we were and how we got where we are, as much as the brexit mob want us to.

If one doesn’t acknowledge and learn from mistakes how does one prevent it from happening and improve 

After the housing crash here there was quite a bit of introspection in national debate and legislation (such as caping mortgage to salary) to prevent a repeat of stupidity 

HOLA443
16 hours ago, dugsbody said:

I called it a drive-by because I see the behaviour often with brexiters. Make a claim that "such and such means he EU is evil".

When asked to justify the claim, it's just silence.

So, perhaps you can answer the original question to justify your claim?

@hotblack42will be back in a few weeks when your original question will have been intentionally ignored and unanswered while Brexitland house prices have continued to rise along with the uncontrollable immigrunts landing by dinghies.  

HOLA444
8 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

@hotblack42will be back in a few weeks when your original question will have been intentionally ignored and unanswered while Brexitland house prices have continued to rise along with the uncontrollable immigrunts landing by dinghies.  

I don't have time to forensically examine this nonsense ridden (on both sides) thread.

Remind me of the question.

Also interested to know why some people are still so angry about the vote to leave.  What's the point? What are people actually going to do beyond attacking others online, highlighting the downsides & rubbishing anything that has gone well since.

HOLA445
58 minutes ago, hotblack42 said:

I don't have time to forensically examine this nonsense ridden (on both sides) thread.

Also interested to know why some people are still so angry about the vote to leave.  What's the point? What are people actually going to do beyond attacking others online, highlighting the downsides & rubbishing anything that has gone well since.

More people are now angry about the vote than ever! 

Remainers won't rest until it is overturned and many Brexiters now realise they were conned and are left feeling stupid and angry.

HOLA446

Good to see momentum building to reverse Brexit.

Note the New Statesman is not my normal rag, but I am seeing this view everywhere except the Telegraph which is basically tge Brexit Taliban Nutter paper.

https://www.newstatesman.com/comment/2021/11/the-best-way-to-boost-economic-growth-is-to-reverse-hard-brexit

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/oxford-european-association-reverse-brexit-rejoin-eu-298354/amp/

HOLA447
41 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

More people are now angry about the vote than ever! 

Remainers won't rest until it is overturned and many Brexiters now realise they were conned and are left feeling stupid and angry.

Says who?

Haven't personally seen any evidence thereof other than the deranged female colleague who was totally bonkers about the EU all along.

Quietened down for a bit but back on song now.

Know a couple of remainers who would now vote leave.

I don't get out much so I accept my experiences may be wholly unrepresentative.

HOLA448
2 hours ago, hotblack42 said:

You may enjoy being lied to by your elitist betters but that does not mean others do. Keep tugging those forelocks while you think up an answer to @dugsbody question.

HOLA449
29 minutes ago, Bluestone59 said:

Says who?

Haven't personally seen any evidence thereof other than the deranged female colleague who was totally bonkers about the EU all along.

Really?  I know dozens of people who voted Brexit who have now realised the stupidity, now that things impact them.

I'd give Brexit 3-4 years tops.

HOLA4410
40 minutes ago, Bluestone59 said:

Says who?

Strange, especially considering the unmittigated disaster that is Brexit.

Meanwhile back in reality, I know five leavers who would now vote remain. 

HOLA4411
16 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Really?  I know dozens of people who voted Brexit who have now realised the stupidity, now that things impact them.

I'd give Brexit 3-4 years tops.

Does the EU even want us back?

If I were them I'd only go along with it by really screwing us financially.

Of course you know folk who voted leave and regret it, I probably do too.

I don't know that I do. Maybe they're just coy about owning up.

If and when there's another vote we'll find out.

HOLA4412
18 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Strange, especially considering the unmittigated disaster that is Brexit.

Meanwhile back in reality, I know five leavers who would now vote remain. 

Some numbers there, that's good.  It will depend on the circles one moves in, very few on my part.

Please see my response to Mikhail.

For the record I didn't support Brexit.

To my surprise it has made my job slightly easier, once the courier firms got their acts together.

That doesn't mean I'd support it in a rerun. Anyway I'll only be there a little longer with luck.

Some HGV drivers might do though.

Older voters got stick for voting leave on the grounds that their future is much shorter.

Good point but how you could reasonably run a referendum while excluding a chunk of those eligible to vote isn't obvious to me.

HOLA4413
1 hour ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

You may enjoy being lied to by your elitist betters but that does not mean others do. Keep tugging those forelocks while you think up an answer to @dugsbody question.

I think you over estimate how much I care about this issue!

If we'd remained I would have just monitored & acted early to put my sons or our assets out of reach well before the EU came looking.  The IT people, stockbrokers, wealth managers, lecturers, social workers, retired in my circle are over it, either way now.  Thr result is old news & the consequences are playing out. Those in finance will watch, work, analyse & follow the money, just like they always have.

The others, we'll life mostly just happens to them so if Brexit is bad for them it's just fate.

I still don't know what the question is I haven't answered.  I'm not going back through to find it.  This thread is epic, even with all the ignores.

Edited by hotblack42
Typo

HOLA4414
3 hours ago, hotblack42 said:

Oddly, listening to the radio its Leavers that seem the most angry over Brexit - possibly because Remainers were kind of resigned to what they saw coming years ago whereas Leavers are squirming as reality hits.

However in a more general sense, the aggravation for both Remainers and Leavers is that Brexit is both the foundation of the mendacious corruption of the current government and vice versa. A constant reminder for Remainers, a kind of desperate damage limitation exercise for Leavers.

HOLA4415
6 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Good to see momentum building to reverse Brexit.

Note the New Statesman is not my normal rag, but I am seeing this view everywhere except the Telegraph which is basically tge Brexit Taliban Nutter paper.

https://www.newstatesman.com/comment/2021/11/the-best-way-to-boost-economic-growth-is-to-reverse-hard-brexit

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/oxford-european-association-reverse-brexit-rejoin-eu-298354/amp/

Brexit hasn't really started to bite yet! I suspect there will be a lot more anger towards those responsible over the coming years.

One thing I find interesting is that most people were very open (and indeed proud) about how they voted. Those who voted to leave are going to find it increasingly hard to dissociate themselves from the consequences.

HOLA4416
Just now, 65243 said:

Brexit hasn't really started to bite yet! I suspect there will be a lot more anger towards those responsible over the coming years.

One thing I find interesting is that most people were very open (and indeed proud) about how they voted. Those who voted to leave are going to find it increasingly hard to dissociate themselves from the consequences.

PS "Those responsible" means those who voted for it. In a single-issue referendum it's difficult to hide from the fact that it was your decision.

HOLA4417
7 minutes ago, 65243 said:

I've heard people saying they can't remember how they voted. Clearly lying /embarrassed former Brexiters.

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
40 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

Portuguese  minister for europe interviewed

7:36 onwards. "The UK's strengths were not related to EU membership and that the UK woud do well outside the EU...

Obviously Poland is a greater threat. The rest of the EU have seen what a fck up Brexit has been. No one else is going to follow our piece of corrupt clown sht. 

HOLA4421
24 minutes ago, miguel said:

Obviously Poland is a greater threat. The rest of the EU have seen what a fck up Brexit has been. No one else is going to follow our piece of corrupt clown sht. 

That is not an answer to what he say, in fact it is the opposite. What he is saying is that the UK will be okay outside the EU. This is what the EU denies

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
18 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

That is not an answer to what he say, in fact it is the opposite. What he is saying is that the UK will be okay outside the EU. This is what the EU denies

No that isn't what the EU says they say we have to honour what we agreed when we left.

The Europeans said we would be better off with the benefits of membership, they didn't say we'd implode or even fail to carry on trading.

In fact the only one that said anything about ceasing to exist was Farage and he was saying Europe wouldn't exist without us.

We continue but we have had a massive trade hit and dent to GDP. That isn't the EU saying it that is the analysis from the Gov own stats and a Gov run by Brexiteers not some Remainer conspiracy either.

Ironically we've gone from sunlit uplands to 'see Europe said we'd sink and we haven't'

Edited by Staffsknot

HOLA4424
1 hour ago, debtlessmanc said:

Obviously the person in question has not looked at the current data.

He also said that Brexit has not been a failure??? Mmmm....it all comes back to the question ...what the hell is Brexit and what exactley is success or failure? Serious question that no Brexiteer dare answer.

HOLA4425
8 hours ago, 65243 said:

They are already trying to hide... from this very thread. 

But they won't because we will call them out and take them to task for their deplorable treachery towards this country.