House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
3 hours ago, thehowler said:

But there's an independent agency overseer for the LPF conditions in CETA, I think...CofVIs has commented that it still gives the EU de facto power of veto...but that might be a route to explore for the UK/EU impasse on LPF.

Won't be enough for radical no dealers as it will be seen as 'rule-taking'.

HOLA447
Just now, longgone said:

Why are eu expats swimming here if it was not for the case that we are going to be far better off as an independent ? 

Are you serious? French, German, etc., citizens are not swimming here as far as I know. Do you have a citation? Up until the end of the transition period they can take the Channel Tunnel and live here.

HOLA448
HOLA449
5 minutes ago, NobodyInParticular said:

Are you serious? French, German, etc., citizens are not swimming here as far as I know. Do you have a citation? Up until the end of the transition period they can take the Channel Tunnel and live here.

No the guys In boats they are Europeans too as they are not illegal remember.  They must have smelt the coffee already.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
7 minutes ago, longgone said:

No the guys In boats they are Europeans too as they are not illegal remember. 

No, they can be legitimate refugees and not European. You don't immediately become European the moment you walk over a border any more than someone moving here from Switzerland becomes a British citizen the moment they land at Heathrow. But then I expect you know that and are stirring the pot.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
39 minutes ago, NobodyInParticular said:

Re: Japanese deal. It does not confer any additional benefits to the UK over the EU in the end as the Japan-EU deal requires that Japan offers exactly the same terms to the EU. 

Is that really the case - including geographic indicators and movement of people and their families to facilitate business?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
7 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

Brexiters are ok with rich people moving around the world. It is poor people they don't like. They should know their place.

Well, from what NobodyinParticular is saying the EU will insist on the same movement rights.

My point was more about exemptions to MFN rules, I want to know if there's any real substance to the UK govt claims that their Japan deal goes further than current EU-Japan deal.

HOLA4417
10 minutes ago, thehowler said:

Well, from what NobodyinParticular is saying the EU will insist on the same movement rights.

My point was more about exemptions to MFN rules, I want to know if there's any real substance to the UK govt claims that their Japan deal goes further than current EU-Japan deal.

It almost certainly does on some mostly irrelevant details which is just as misleading as an outright lie. I don't know why you'd believe anything coming out of the ministry of truth. The government is packaged with proven liars and their method of operation is to keep lying to idiots who will keep electing them.

Some of those idiots realise the government is lying but don't care.

HOLA4418
1 hour ago, NobodyInParticular said:

No, they can be legitimate refugees and not European. You don't immediately become European the moment you walk over a border any more than someone moving here from Switzerland becomes a British citizen the moment they land at Heathrow. But then I expect you know that and are stirring the pot.

I'm just confused why they would want to be arriving in a country that is deliberately putting itself into a disadvantaged position allegedly.

After all these people are not poor at all they pay tens of thousands to smugglers to get here.

Why though.

HOLA4419
34 minutes ago, longgone said:

I'm just confused why they would want to be arriving in a country that is deliberately putting itself into a disadvantaged position allegedly.

After all these people are not poor at all they pay tens of thousands to smugglers to get here.

Why though.

Is this a very clever attempt to flush out the professional foreign posters who don't get the British sense of humour? :)

HOLA4420
13 minutes ago, Drat said:

Is this a very clever attempt to flush out the professional foreign posters who don't get the British sense of humour? :)

Like Alf Garnett? It's a little dated for most I expect... not regarded as the bastion of Brit humour....much like longgone.

HOLA4421
20 minutes ago, Drat said:

I don't think it was being clever after 5000 pages on here it's just a simple genuine question really.

I mean who would board titanic after it hit an iceberg.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
3 minutes ago, thecrashingisles said:

Do you think that before setting out, they made a detailed geopolitical assessment and decided that the UK was their best bet?

Do you think if they did they should have soaked up the surroundings more on their epic journey through Europe and was not influenced at all ? Or was Britain go to destination always.

HOLA4424
5 minutes ago, longgone said:

Do you think if they did they should have soaked up the surroundings more on their epic journey through Europe and was not influenced at all ? Or was Britain go to destination always.

I think the vast majority of people trying to get to Britain always intended to get to Britain for their own reasons. I don't think they entered Europe and then thought, "It's not much cop here. Let's go to Blighty."

HOLA4425
Just now, thecrashingisles said:

I think the vast majority of people trying to get to Britain always intended to get to Britain for their own reasons. I don't think they entered Europe and then thought, "It's not much cop here. Let's go to Blighty."

What a polarized view, brits pay thousands to visit europe and these guys did not even notice it at all ? is the eu so forgettable ?