House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
1 hour ago, Huggy said:

One of the EU's leading financial contributors don't you mean? Our pockets were deep.

Irina Von Wiese, born in Cologne , Germany, was up until very recently the Lib Dem MEP for London, and she is unhappy about our lack of contributions nowadays. Why didn't you fight harder for her?

Of course, this is the part of the Brexit multiverse where we aren't the 3rd biggest economy in the universe. In this convoluted alternative reality we have some of the worst poverty in Europe but which has nothing to do with Brexiteers and their fellow ideologues in power, but instead whatever **** and bull story they come up with to pin it on the EU ;)

HOLA442
HOLA443
4 minutes ago, smash said:

People p1ssing and moaning about the UKs subs to the EU is a joke compared to the mess and cost of our current situation. A total joke.

It was a joke before our current situation.

HOLA444
HOLA445
21 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Wow, I know you Remain lot are quite used to hitting the courts to 'clarify' certain things ? That's quite a specific one to hit on above, but if the argument in general cannot be defeated in normal way, try and nip at the edges and wear it down. Just a friendly bit of advice, it didn't work between Jun 16 and Jan 20, trying it now is like the last flailing haymaker. An obvious one.

She is very disappointed by our lack of (future? ?) contributions (and current too as she is, at the moment, between roles) and also your lack of success in stopping that. You should have fought harder, seriously!

As an aside, I fully put remainers to blame for that delay and therefore the extra contributions over that time. That, along with any mistakes the current government makes in guture with anything (you gave them the stonking great mandate remember...)

The Brexit outcome was set, the road to get there was soooooo much more difficult because of Her, and 'them/you'. Are you one of those who thinks the deadline should be extended from this December too? Pay a bit more money their way maybe?

What are we trying to achieve? We don't seems to have much leverage with the US, nor is anyone saying that it will amount to much trade wise. China is kinda taboo. What are you hoping for?

HOLA446
52 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Wow, I know you Remain lot are quite used to hitting the courts to 'clarify' certain things ? That's quite a specific one to hit on above, but if the argument in general cannot be defeated in normal way, try and nip at the edges and wear it down. Just a friendly bit of advice, it didn't work between Jun 16 and Jan 20, trying it now is like the last flailing haymaker. An obvious one.

She is very disappointed by our lack of (future? ?) contributions (and current too as she is, at the moment, between roles) and also your lack of success in stopping that. You should have fought harder, seriously!

As an aside, I fully put remainers to blame for that delay and therefore the extra contributions over that time. That, along with any mistakes the current government makes in guture with anything (you gave them the stonking great mandate remember...)

The Brexit outcome was set, the road to get there was soooooo much more difficult because of Her, and 'them/you'. Are you one of those who thinks the deadline should be extended from this December too? Pay a bit more money their way maybe?

In your post you said "our lack of contributions nowadays". Nowadays the UK is paying full subs. You were wrong.

HOLA447

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2020/05/14/nissan-talks-move-renault-production-uk/  

This is an example of outright media lies. We all know that Brexit is bad and, in particular, that the motor industry will flee our shores in no time. And yet here we have a blatant disregard of that position and daring to suggest - and in the open! - that some manufacturers will move to the UK - a total absurdity!

HOLA448
51 minutes ago, crouch said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2020/05/14/nissan-talks-move-renault-production-uk/  

This is an example of outright media lies. We all know that Brexit is bad and, in particular, that the motor industry will flee our shores in no time. And yet here we have a blatant disregard of that position and daring to suggest - and in the open! - that some manufacturers will move to the UK - a total absurdity!

Yeah, and what Brexit has done to the UK car industry to date is one of Brexit's greatest achievements ?

HOLA449
16 hours ago, jonb2 said:

Looks like the safe holding the Russia report is going to get a bit full

UK Accused Of Caving To US Demands For Trade Talks Secrecy

Confidential documents cannot be revealed until five years after a deal is in force.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/uk-accused-of-caving-to-us-trade-demands_uk_5eb16d59c5b60a9277823f3e

Democracy my a r s e

Selling (out) England by the Pound.

Boris is always going to bend over so far backward his head will be up his own **** to get a trade deal with the US, no matter how bleak it is for the UK in reality. He only cares about the optics and it will be fantastic optics for his mouth breathing supporters to "get it done".

He is a slogans and simple propaganda guy. Perfect for brexiters and Tory voters (same thing really).

Edited by dugsbody

HOLA4410
3 hours ago, crouch said:

Extraodinary. Dismissed as lies because it does not agree with your prejudices. More "lies" in the same vein - from a lefty source this time: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/nissan-sunderland-plant-brexit-qashqai-uk-car-maker-factory-a9383491.html

"Nissan’s commitment to continue investing in the Sunderland plant – the largest car factory in the UK – is a boost to the country’s struggling automotive industry, which has slumped to its lowest output for a decade. The company currently builds its Leaf, Qashqai and Juke models in Britain, but it axed premium Infiniti vehicles last year, cutting output, and has been hit by a slump in diesel demand. Unite national officer Steve Bush said: "The reaffirmation of this already announced investment of £400m in a new production press at the Sunderland plant is a welcome confidence booster for the 6,000-strong workforce. "In challenging economic times, such investment by Nissan is warmly welcomed and a big vote of confidence in the world class, highly skilled workforce that has an excellent record in producing world-class cars." Ashwani Gupta, Nissan’s chief operating officer, said the Sunderland factory “continues to set the standard for productivity and quality”

Note that article is full of "no deal" scare stories - typical of the Indy - but the reality is more investmant. And would'nt you rather invest in the free UK than poor Spain, racked by the disastrous Euro?

HOLA4411
12 hours ago, smash said:

People p1ssing and moaning about the UKs subs to the EU is a joke compared to the mess and cost of our current situation. A total joke.

Have you thought of a career in medicine?

"Your broken left leg will take time to heal, but i'd ignore the abcess on your right leg as its not as serious"

Heaven help us :)

HOLA4412
38 minutes ago, dryrot said:

Extraodinary. Dismissed as lies because it does not agree with your prejudices. More "lies" in the same vein - from a lefty source this time: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/nissan-sunderland-plant-brexit-qashqai-uk-car-maker-factory-a9383491.html

"Nissan’s commitment to continue investing in the Sunderland plant – the largest car factory in the UK – is a boost to the country’s struggling automotive industry, which has slumped to its lowest output for a decade. The company currently builds its Leaf, Qashqai and Juke models in Britain, but it axed premium Infiniti vehicles last year, cutting output, and has been hit by a slump in diesel demand. Unite national officer Steve Bush said: "The reaffirmation of this already announced investment of £400m in a new production press at the Sunderland plant is a welcome confidence booster for the 6,000-strong workforce. "In challenging economic times, such investment by Nissan is warmly welcomed and a big vote of confidence in the world class, highly skilled workforce that has an excellent record in producing world-class cars." Ashwani Gupta, Nissan’s chief operating officer, said the Sunderland factory “continues to set the standard for productivity and quality”

Note that article is full of "no deal" scare stories - typical of the Indy - but the reality is more investmant. And would'nt you rather invest in the free UK than poor Spain, racked by the disastrous Euro?

I was being uber facetious in my reply.

HOLA4413
43 minutes ago, dryrot said:

Before Brexit clouded the horizon, the automotive industry was investing between £2.5bn and £2.7bn a year in research and development.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jul/31/brexit-causes-uk-car-industry-investment-to-crash-to-pitiful-90m

By contrast, firms' spending on contingency plans for a possible no-deal Brexit has now reached a minimum of £330m.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49170387

Still.... in the spirit of moving forward, we should take any good news for what it is, but lets keep it in perspective.

HOLA4414
14 hours ago, Huggy said:

Why does that not surprise me, you come across as a bit of a slow learner and it is hard admitting you have been played.  

HOLA4415
19 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Why does that not surprise me, you come across as a bit of a slow learner and it is hard admitting you have been played.  

I wish I could have a big Remainer brain like yours but being a mere Brexiter, I'll just have to repeat "stonking great mandate" ☺️ Well done guys! You rock!

Also, there are a lot of Remainer posts on here all of a sudden and I genuinely fell like I'm in a minority for the first time in 4 years. Luckily, that's just on this thread, and the outside world is not an extrapolation of this poxy Brexit what happens next thread. However, it will help me answer the elusive question on why Remainers were considered condescending and out of touch (hence the whacking defeats they suffered even though they had big Remainer brains) and also why they had the derogatory term 'Remoaner' attached to them. The answer I feel is so close!

HOLA4416
34 minutes ago, Huggy said:

I wish I could have a big Remainer brain like yours but being a mere Brexiter, I'll just have to repeat "stonking great mandate" ☺️ Well done guys! You rock!

Also, there are a lot of Remainer posts on here all of a sudden and I genuinely fell like I'm in a minority for the first time in 4 years. Luckily, that's just on this thread, and the outside world is not an extrapolation of this poxy Brexit what happens next thread. However, it will help me answer the elusive question on why Remainers were considered condescending and out of touch (hence the whacking defeats they suffered even though they had big Remainer brains) and also why they had the derogatory term 'Remoaner' attached to them. The answer I feel is so close!

The question isn't elusive at all if you were smart enough to absorb one of the many times this has been explained.

Brexit was sold based on a pack of lies and most brexiters I interact with repeat and defend the lies, so that makes them liars too in my book. 

I'm not going to stop pointing out lies and liars just because a mob of 51% of voters told me to. If you think that lying is ok to achieve your result then democracy really means nothing.

Edited by dugsbody

HOLA4417
2 hours ago, dryrot said:

You're being misleading as usual. This is good news for the UK, no doubt. But in order to validate your statement above, could you summarise us all the investment in Spain and while you're at it Eastern European countries so we can judge relatively?

I'm also still waiting for you to clarify your other intentionally emotive statement that the "EU isn't known for asking the people". I'm waiting for you to clarify on who you mean by the EU and how they would "ask the people" so we can judge your statement "isn't known for".

You try to portray yourself as someone more reasonable but you're basically just an anti-EU propaganda bot in my eyes.

HOLA4418
23 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

You're being misleading as usual. This is good news for the UK, no doubt. But in order to validate your statement above, could you summarise us all the investment in Spain and while you're at it Eastern European countries so we can judge relatively?

I'm also still waiting for you to clarify your other intentionally emotive statement that the "EU isn't known for asking the people". I'm waiting for you to clarify on who you mean by the EU and how they would "ask the people" so we can judge your statement "isn't known for".

You try to portray yourself as someone more reasonable but you're basically just an anti-EU propaganda bot in my eyes.

Para 1 > could you summarise us all the investment in Spain > an absurd request. Obviously Nissan think Sunderland is a better manufacturing base. The Euro has made Spain (and the other Southern countries) far too expensive; while keeping German workers competitive. Hence the terrible unemployment in the Southern countries, especially compared to Germany (Or is that a lie, from  an "an anti-EU propaganda bot"?)

Para 2 Ihave replied to this multiple times <sigh:again>  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Referendums_related_to_the_European_Union

Note that when the vote is against the EU wishes, the country votes again... See  below

Maastricht Treaty

In Denmark, two referendums were held before the treaty of Maastricht passed. The first one rejected the treaty.
After the defeat of the treaty in the first refererendum, Denmark negotiated and received four opt-outs from portions of the treaty: Economic and Monetary Union, Union Citizenship, Justice and Home Affairs, and Common Defence. The second referendum approved the treaty amended with the opt-outs.

Treaty of Nice, 2001[edit]

23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png Ireland — a referendum to approve the Twenty-fourth Amendment of the Constitution Bill, 2001 (Ireland), 7 June 2001, 53.9% against, turnout 34.8%
In 2001, Irish voters rejected the Treaty of Nice, in the so-called "Nice I referendum".
In the so-called "Nice II referendum" in 2002, statements on Ireland not having to join a common defence policy and affirming the right to decide on enhanced cooperation in the national parliament were stressed in a special document, resulting in a favourable vote.
23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png Ireland — a referendum to approve the Twenty-sixth Amendment of the Constitution of Ireland, 19 October 2002, 62.9% in favour, turnout 49.5%

Treaty of Lisbon[edit]

Only one member state, Ireland, obliged by their constitution, decided on ratification of the Treaty of Lisbon through a referendum.

23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png Ireland — a referendum to approve the Twenty-eighth Amendment of the Constitution Bill, 2008 (Ireland), 12 June 2008, 53.2% against, turnout 53.1%
In 2008, Irish voters rejected the Treaty of Lisbon.
After the first vote by Ireland on the Lisbon Treaty, the European Council and the Irish Government released separate documents, referred to as the "Irish Guarantees", that stated the other member countries would not use the possibility in the Treaty to diminish the number of permanent commissioners in favour of a rotating system with fewer commissioners, and not threaten Ireland's military neutrality and rules on abortion.[1][2] With these assurances, the Irish approved the unchanged Lisbon Treaty in a second referendum.
23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png Ireland — a referendum to approve the Twenty-eighth Amendment of the Constitution of Ireland, 2 October 2009, 67.1% in favour, turnout 59.0%

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
6 minutes ago, dryrot said:

Para 1 > could you summarise us all the investment in Spain > an absurd request. Obviously Nissan think Sunderland is a better manufacturing base. The Euro has made Spain (and the other Southern countries) far too expensive; while keeping German workers competitive. Hence the terrible unemployment in the Southern countries, especially compared to Germany (Or is that a lie, from  an "an anti-EU propaganda bot"?)

A nonsense statement because you've presented no evidence apart from one single company investing in the UK and claiming they could have invested elsewhere but didn't.

If you can't see that is an absurd method to argue you case then I can't help you further.

7 minutes ago, dryrot said:

Para 2 Ihave replied to this multiple times <sigh:again>  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Referendums_related_to_the_European_Union

Note that when the vote is against the EU wishes, the country votes again... See  below

You have repeated misleading information multiple times. This is the third time you've posted some information about nation states when your statement was about "the EU not known for asking the people".

Once again I'm going to ask you, what method should the EU have used to "ask the people" such that we can validate your claim "the EU is not known for asking the people".

(I know you won't give a real answer, because you can't, but I want to keep pointing out how duplicitous you are)

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Tories gonna Tory...

stealth privatisation a go-go:

UK government ‘using pandemic to transfer NHS duties to private sector’

The government is using the coronavirus pandemic to transfer key public health duties from the NHS and other state bodies to the private sector without proper scrutiny, critics have warned.

Doctors, campaign groups, academics and MPs raised the concerns about a “power grab” after it emerged on Monday that Serco was in pole position to win a deal to supply 15,000 call-handlers for the government’s tracking and tracing operation.

They said the health secretary, Matt Hancock, had “accelerated” the dismantling of state healthcare and that the duty to keep the public safe was being “outsourced” to the private sector.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
2 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Here's a bit of what happens next.

A little of our sovereignty heads west.

Thanks to Brexit, British Google user data will be moved to U.S.

UK's sovereign control over our data will rely on the whims of US courts. Courts that show little regard for the rules/wishes of foreign governments.  

Also a massive piece of Brexit retardedness here: 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/05/19/brexit-boost-government-axe-tariffs-60-per-cent-global-imports/

Idiot Brexiters may cheer, but trade deals from the other nations (like Japan, US, Canada etc) can't by treaty be better than those nations have with the EU as they then must offer the same or better terms to the EU. So fat chance of the UK getting a preferential deal with these nations for our exports.

Basically we will get cheap imports, which will wipe out UK native business and purchases will be paid for with printed/borrowed money so Sterling will go down the toilet and the UK will then have no industry left and shortly after no sovereign currency of any worth. 

Fortunately my pension is mainly in overseas funds and gold, so I should be able to afford a few Brexiters as servants in the new UK order. 

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein