House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
1 minute ago, Bruce Banner said:

I don't know what the security risks are but many of the green Openreach cabinets are made by Huawei.

openreach_broadband_cabinet_800.png?cKo3

Precisely. I wonder what has led to the change of heart? The leash has been yanked. We have given up our place at the EU top table for a place at the feet of Trump....scraps for dinner...yum yum.

HOLA442
59 minutes ago, pig said:

lmao do you actually know what the word means ?

'One' of you Brexiters is a thick racist and yet you guys insist its a lazy slur.

Phucking hypocrites ;)

Yes I know very well.

Only one thick racist? usually you tar the lot with the same righteous brush.

If a remoaner Says "well why dont you leave" I take that as telling a British born person to phuck off.

You like double standards typical hard loser.

HOLA443
6 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

I don't know what the security risks are but many of the green Openreach cabinets are made by Huawei.

openreach_broadband_cabinet_800.png?cKo3

My understanding is that on the one hand the nervousness is justified but on the other hand GCHQ etc are comfortable with Huaweis level of involvement. It isn't helpful that Brexit confuses the decision making on this.

5G means more than faster internet - its a stepping stone to the Internet of Things. If everything from cars to kettles are on the internet and location data is much more precise then that's potentially your privacy and control over your life gone

Big Bad Corporates could stop you having your cup of tea in the morning then track your ride to see which is your favourite cafe and then maybe put on an advert over the radio for the captive audience :).

Quite apart from hostile (foreign?) state action, the term 'debt slave' could ramp up a whole new level....

HOLA444
1 minute ago, longgone said:

Yes I know very well.

Only one thick racist? usually you tar the lot with the same righteous brush.

If a remoaner Says "well why dont you leave" I take that as telling a British born person to phuck off.

You like double standards typical hard loser.

If one person tells you to phuck off to another country and another says that's a sh1tty thing to say then it literally makes no sense to call them both hypocrites.

Geddit ?! No? Perhaps all your remoanification has fried your brain.

HOLA445
3 minutes ago, pig said:

My understanding is that on the one hand the nervousness is justified but on the other hand GCHQ etc are comfortable with Huaweis level of involvement. It isn't helpful that Brexit confuses the decision making on this.

5G means more than faster internet - its a stepping stone to the Internet of Things. If everything from cars to kettles are on the internet and location data is much more precise then that's potentially your privacy and control over your life gone

Big Bad Corporates could stop you having your cup of tea in the morning then track your ride to see which is your favourite cafe and then maybe put on an advert over the radio for the captive audience :).

Quite apart from hostile (foreign?) state action, the term 'debt slave' could ramp up a whole new level....

The reality is that Brexit will muddy lots of waters when it comes to these sorts of decisions. Like it or not we will have to align with the USA .... we are currently being buffeted... the threat of trade and security loss with the US on top of the self imposed economic loss with the EU will be too much to bear.

HOLA446
24 minutes ago, pig said:

This bit of the story is fascinating on Scotland - a bit of a shout out for all the freaky Catalonia-obsessives !:

Remoaners are always banging on about the leave vote demographic but we have Brexit being swung by Russian based twitter accounts?

Most people made their minds up decades ago about all these independence referendums, to suggest a few Facebook and Twitter accounts made the difference is fantasy.

All quietly forgetting the funding the bbc received from the EU and their pro-remain stance.

Or our own secret service interfering in the US election against Trump.

HOLA447
1 minute ago, excon said:

Remoaners are always banging on about the leave vote demographic but we have Brexit being swung by Russian based twitter accounts?

Most people made their minds up decades ago about all these independence referendums, to suggest a few Facebook and Twitter accounts made the difference is fantasy.

All quietly forgetting the funding the bbc received from the EU and their pro-remain stance.

Or our own secret service interfering in the US election against Trump.

Blimey ! is it really that easy to make you happy about carrying out hostile foreign state objectives against your own country ?

HOLA448
16 minutes ago, pig said:

If one person tells you to phuck off to another country and another says that's a sh1tty thing to say then it literally makes no sense to call them both hypocrites.

Geddit ?! No? Perhaps all your remoanification has fried your brain.

Makes no sense as those remarks would never be uttered by a true remainer

Geddit?

HOLA449
8 minutes ago, pig said:

Blimey ! is it really that easy to make you happy about carrying out hostile foreign state objectives against your own country ?

I hate to break this to you buddy but who on earth do you think Germany and France are?

Friends? No. Economic competitors? Yes.

It may have escaped your notice but they have been interfering in our affairs quite a lot recently.

HOLA4410
6 minutes ago, pig said:

This is about economic warfare not security.

The US has failed to invest in 5G resulting in it facing the prospect of American firms losing out on the money that will be invested in building the 5G internet and more importantly the services that will be built using it. It is unhappy with this situation and wants to give the US firms a chance to catch up by handicapping the current market leader Huawei.   

The reason the security argument is not a valid reason for rejecting Huawei is because when it comes to providing 5G Huawei, like Erikson and Nokia, is mainly an integrator of components provided by other firms and all of the code used to perform this function has been made available to and reviewed by GCHQ for over 10 years now.

During this time GCHQ has not found a single example of any back door code, although they have found many cases of more general vulnerabilities that need to be fixed before it could be used in a high security environment. Similar vulnerabilities are found in code produced by all the major companies.  

The reality is whoever you buy your 5G infrastructure from it will consists of many layers of hardware and software, most designed if not built by US or European firms, and all of these components are vulnerable to being hacked. 

HOLA4411
4 minutes ago, excon said:

I hate to break this to you buddy but who on earth do you think Germany and France are?

Friends? No. Economic competitors? Yes.

It may have escaped your notice but they have been interfering in our affairs quite a lot recently.

Well, well, you're starting to flail around wildly now.  Interesting.

By the way just to be clear, the United States Committee on Foreign Relations isn't a 'remoaner'.

The quote wasn't directly about Brexit either, but rather an interesting account on Russian actions on Catalonia, it was specifically interesting on several counts firstly on why Russia flipped between supporting Scottish independence to being against it, secondly because of the surreal Catolonia fan club on here.

Thirdly in that it paints a broader picture on what Russian foreign policy is about generally. 

Could of course be wrong - but its a lot more credible and interesting than some frothing at the mouth remoanifying Leaver who hasn't the balls to stare reality in the face.

HOLA4412
3 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

The US has failed to invest in 5G resulting in it facing the prospect of American firms losing out on the money that will be invested in building the 5G internet and more importantly the services that will be built using it. It is unhappy with this situation and wants to give the US firms a chance to catch up by handicapping the current market leader Huawei.   

The reason the security argument is not a valid reason for rejecting Huawei is because when it comes to providing 5G Huawei, like Erikson and Nokia, is mainly an integrator of components provided by other firms and all of the code used to perform this function has been made available to and reviewed by GCHQ for over 10 years now.

During this time GCHQ has not found a single example of any back door code, although they have found many cases of more general vulnerabilities that need to be fixed before it could be used in a high security environment. Similar vulnerabilities are found in code produced by all the major companies.  

The reality is whoever you buy your 5G infrastructure from it will consists of many layers of hardware and software, most designed if not built by US or European firms, and all of these components are vulnerable to being hacked. 

Cue (this morning I think) American diplomat on R4 stoking up the paranoia.

It does seem to me that there are general issues around AI/machine learning+5G which we haven't got our heads around (I know I haven't). The Americans are presumably trying to leverage that uncertainty and our current weakness.

On the other hand...is it just about specific 'code' controlling specific devices ? Isn't this going to be about how the system works collectively - ie to invert what you said, how all the components integrate ?

HOLA4413
34 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Shades of TSR-2.

HOLA4414
5 hours ago, excon said:

Supported how exactly? Is this the **** and bull remoaners tried to pin on Arron Banks or the Dems on Trump? Remind me how those bits of lawfare ended up again?

We are on 5000 pages of remoaner delusion and fantasy, still clinging to the belief they were “cheated” out of the EU.

You all need deprogrammed, you’ve lost the plot.

Pull your head out of the sand and your ass.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_interference_in_the_2016_Brexit_referendum

It has nothing to do with being "cheated" as you would love to think, and everything to do with a sustained and ongoing attack on our democracy. 

YOU might like living in that world, so long as it supports your political motivations but most of us do not. 

Did it affect the result, yes. Did it swing it, unknown. One thing is for sure, he didn't do it for a laugh and he certainly didn't do it for our benefit so that leaves only one conclusion. He thinks it will benefit him and harm his enemies.

HOLA4415
2 hours ago, FANG said:

31st JANUARY 2020

Tick tock - 4 days left. Unfortunately there are going to be plenty of angry people.

But not me, along with millions of others who will celebrate. The deals will definitely be done.

However if the day does not go your way. Have a beer and chill.

I know I'm gonna enjoy it and I'm looking forward to the future. 

Well it's good that you are positive, I hope for a positive outcome despite it being at odds with my wishes and vote. But I do hope that if the brexit shit hits the fan, brexiteers actually own the mess they created.job losses have already happened, people and especially expats have been left poorer by the weakened pound. 

I bet any negative figures will not get brexit as a blame, it will now all be the likes of corona virus, or the EU being evil and not willing to trade. I'm sure anything except for owning the mess brexit will bring. 

HOLA4416
7 minutes ago, Grayphil said:

Well it's good that you are positive, I hope for a positive outcome despite it being at odds with my wishes and vote. But I do hope that if the brexit shit hits the fan, brexiteers actually own the mess they created.job losses have already happened, people and especially expats have been left poorer by the weakened pound. 

I bet any negative figures will not get brexit as a blame, it will now all be the likes of corona virus, or the EU being evil and not willing to trade. I'm sure anything except for owning the mess brexit will bring. 

It’s not about economics.

Well maybe it is for remainers.

But not for Brexiteers.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
2 hours ago, Chunketh said:

Pull your head out of the sand and your ass.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_interference_in_the_2016_Brexit_referendum

It has nothing to do with being "cheated" as you would love to think, and everything to do with a sustained and ongoing attack on our democracy. 

YOU might like living in that world, so long as it supports your political motivations but most of us do not. 

Did it affect the result, yes. Did it swing it, unknown. One thing is for sure, he didn't do it for a laugh and he certainly didn't do it for our benefit so that leaves only one conclusion. He thinks it will benefit him and harm his enemies.

The trouble with all this as are all remoaner examples is that if is taken in isolation.

The bbc has taken millions in EU money and has been pumping out pro-remain propaganda for the past 4 years.

It would have actually been closer to targeting the leave demographic than Twitter would be.

So Russia is trying it on in Western democracies?

The horror!

As I pointed out, again selectively ignored, we interfered in the US election.

Everybody try’s to influence everybody else according to their own interest.

Its not just the reds.

Edited by excon

HOLA4419
1 minute ago, excon said:

The trouble with all this as are all remoaner examples is that is taken in isolation.

The bbc has taken millions in EU money and has been pumping out pro-remain propaganda for the past 4 years.

It would have actually been closer to targeting the leave demographic than Twitter would be.

So Russia is trying it on in Western democracies?

The horror!

As I pointed out, again selectively ignored, we interfered in the US election.

Everybody try’s to influence everybody else according to their own interest.

Its not just the reds.

Point missed entirely. Bravo.

So when the BBC supposedly do it (in plain sight), what could their motivation be? Now repeat the mental exercise with Putin, doing it in the shadows of twitter and facebook.

Do you think those two examples are equal in your whataboutism crusade to defend the glaring problem?

HOLA4420
2 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

Point missed entirely. Bravo.

So when the BBC supposedly do it (in plain sight), what could their motivation be? Now repeat the mental exercise with Putin, doing it in the shadows of twitter and facebook.

Do you think those two examples are equal in your whataboutism crusade to defend the glaring problem?

The bbc are colluding with a foreign power against the UK, it isn’t surprising you don’t see it or the equivalence.

HOLA4421
1 hour ago, FANG said:

31st JANUARY 2020

Tick tock - 4 days left. Unfortunately there are going to be plenty of angry people.

But not me, along with millions of others who will celebrate. The deals will definitely be done.

However if the day does not go your way. Have a beer and chill.

I know I'm gonna enjoy it and I'm looking forward to the future. 

Did you not post the same thing yesterday?

It's Friday. Friday always involves beer normally British, occasionally a good American/NZ/Ozzy IPA. This Friday it will be with my Stepfather (FIRE'd) where we will probably discuss how best to capitalise on the situation, talk shit and laugh a lot.

Seems like nothing has changed in that respect. The poor will get poorer, the rich richer and the rest of us will work out how to keep paddling.

HOLA4422
4 minutes ago, excon said:

The bbc are colluding with a foreign power against the UK, it isn’t surprising you don’t see it or the equivalence.

Take the tinfoil hat off FFS. What foreign power are they colluding with? Is their support of normal minded views hurting you that badly?

Get back to your Britain first facebook group you muppet.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
2 minutes ago, Rahi Ahmed said:

Pound is going down ? Pound is going down ?

No doubt about it. Additionally price increase of most import products, which UK has a lot, a loooooooooot.  

Who knows what new tarrifs/ tax duties will be added. 

Lets go WTO! I am sure British farmers will love turning their farms into new toytown estates.

HOLA4425