House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
HOLA442
5 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

Boris Johnson accused of using immigration system ‘as a marketing gimmick’ over high skill visa

‘Changing the name of a visa and removing a cap that’s never been hit is not a serious plan’

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/immigration-uk-boris-johnson-global-talent-visa-high-skill-priti-patel-a9302946.html

Not sure why we need experts or foreigners as we've already said we've had enough of both of them.

“Boris Johnson is showing that he fundamentally doesn’t understand what makes our science sector so successful. Changing the name of a visa and removing a cap that’s never been hit is not a serious plan,” she said.

God help us.

Johnson isn't interested in skills or qualifications, just numbers. The workforce is currently growing at around 1% p.a. Add that to the annual change in productivity (0.2-0.3%) and you get 1.2-1.3%. Approx the long run growth trend of the post-2008 UK economy.

But Johnson wants to confirm the 'success' of Brexit by returning the economy to its pre-2008 growth trend (2.7-2.8%). Higher govt borrowing will be a major factor in this but so too will net migration.  Presumably, Johnson will use the new visa system to sell the increase as temporary or time-limited.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
2 hours ago, jonb2 said:

image_1.jpg

Who cares about Barnier, he talks too much sense.

Brexit will be a matter of damage limitation

The European Union’s chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier on Monday warned Britain that its departure from the bloc later this week would have “negative consequences” and only ever be an exercise in “damage limitation”.

In a speech at Queen’s University Belfast he said nobody had yet convinced him of the “added value of Brexit. “It is absolutely clear that there will be negative consequ'ences.”

“Whatever agreement we reach on our future relationship, Brexit will always be a matter of damage limitation.”

france24.com

HOLA446

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/features/six-fun-things-to-do-with-your-brexit-50p-20200127192892

The woke, vitue signalling, snowflake comedians are on top form today

I am aware of the irony considering their other top story

HOLA447
HOLA448

5,000 pages to answer the question at the head of this thread, and all it needs is a slight change to the word order.

What Happens Next Thread? Brexit ?

HOLA449
HOLA4410
1 minute ago, slawek said:

I think most Remainers/Rejoiners would sign under this. For every action, there is an opposite reaction.  

This has about as much credibility as Freddie Starr ate my hamster.

Why do nutter lefties always think the Russians are behind their defeats?

Beats a period of quite reflection analysing their political belief system I suppose.

HOLA4411
6 minutes ago, excon said:

This has about as much credibility as Freddie Starr ate my hamster.

Beats a period of quite reflection analysing their political belief system I suppose.

excon who are you?

Have you been here before as someone else?

HOLA4412
3 minutes ago, rollover said:

excon who are you?

Have you been here before as someone else?

Very long time ago rollover, in the early days of this site I had an account but I lost the details.

Signed back up about 3 years ago and post sporadically as you can see.

Why do you ask?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
1 hour ago, longgone said:

One of you remoaners told me to do exactly that 3 weeks ago. ?

Phucking hypocrites

lmao do you actually know what the word means ?

'One' of you Brexiters is a thick racist and yet you guys insist its a lazy slur.

Phucking hypocrites ;)

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
35 minutes ago, excon said:

Easy. Putin loves Brexit and supported any party carrying it out. He has interfered in every major poll in the western world for the last decade.

Funny how brexiteers think they are the patriots when following the same line as Putin.

/shrug

HOLA4418
45 minutes ago, slawek said:

I think most Remainers/Rejoiners would sign under this. For every action, there is an opposite reaction.  

This is pretty TFHish. Vlad the P, is not as dangerous and Gina the M or Dominic the G or Nic the S.

Actually, scrub that, he does have some power...

HOLA4419
2 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

Easy. Putin loves Brexit and supported any party carrying it out. He has interfered in every major poll in the western world for the last decade.

Funny how brexiteers think they are the patriots when following the same line as Putin.

/shrug

Supported how exactly? Is this the **** and bull remoaners tried to pin on Arron Banks or the Dems on Trump? Remind me how those bits of lawfare ended up again?

We are on 5000 pages of remoaner delusion and fantasy, still clinging to the belief they were “cheated” out of the EU.

You all need deprogrammed, you’ve lost the plot.

HOLA4420
8 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

/shrug

Lol - don't be silly.

The reason why Putin wants the UK out of the EU is because his geopolitical strategy is hell-bent on making the UK stronger :).

How smart of Leavers to partner up with him ! 

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Sounds like we are backing down on 5G with the Chinese..... Trump wins. Let's see if this turns into a trend.... we do need a good trade deal with the USA.... no quid pro quo there ....oh no...^_^.

One of the big arguments for Brexit was a fta with China...it being THE nation touted as the big growth opportunity..... I guess that has evaporated..... another trend me thinks. 

Edited by IMHAL

HOLA4424
30 minutes ago, excon said:

Supported how exactly? Is this the **** and bull remoaners tried to pin on Arron Banks or the Dems on Trump? Remind me how those bits of lawfare ended up again?

We are on 5000 pages of remoaner delusion and fantasy, still clinging to the belief they were “cheated” out of the EU.

You all need deprogrammed, you’ve lost the plot.

This bit of the story is fascinating on Scotland - a bit of a shout out for all the freaky Catalonia-obsessives !:

....Another analysis found that, just before the referendum took place, pro-Kremlin Twitter accounts increased their mentions of the Catalan crisis by 2,000 per- cent.

The Kremlin’s interests in Catalonia’s referendum were likely varied. First, Moscow has recently favored independence and secessionist movements that occur beyond Russia’s borders and weaken the EU. For example, before Brexit, Kremlin-linked disinformation campaigns were pro-Scottish independence. But after the UK decided not to be in the EU, and many voters in Scotland indicated a desire to stay in the EU, the Kremlin changed its stance to anti- Scottish independence. And as Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy told reporters, after noting that over half of the fake profiles involved in spreading fake news came from Russia, ‘‘What is clear is that there are people who may be interested in things not going well in Europe.’

Edited by pig

HOLA4425
1 minute ago, IMHAL said:

Sounds like we are backing down on 5G with the Chinese..... Trump wins. Let's see if this turns into a trend.... we do need a good trade deal with the USA.... no quid pro quo there ....oh no...^_^.

I don't know what the security risks are but many of the green Openreach cabinets are made by Huawei.

openreach_broadband_cabinet_800.png?cKo3