House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
5 minutes ago, crouch said:

More hyperbole. You get worse!

True as far as propaganda goes but frankly they're all the same; the Tories are no better and no worse than others.

They are not 'all the same' - every single day The Tories resort to the gutter. Like the self-serving scum they are. You are supporting Goebbels tactics. If this is the great vision for Britain post-Brexit - you deserve everything that's coming to you.

Johnson denounced by London Bridge victim's father for 'vile propaganda'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/general-election-news-live-boris-johnson-corbyn-polls-london-bridge-terror-attack-a9228881.html

U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson Accused of Plagiarizing Prominent Legal Blog In Tweets About London Bridge Attacker

https://www.newsweek.com/boris-johnson-accused-plagiarizing-legal-blogger-1474926

London Bridge attack: Boris Johnson ignores family’s plea not to exploit victims' deaths

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/01/boris-johnson-election-issue-london-bridge-attack?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

And more

General election 2019: Facebook bans Tory ad over BBC footage

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50624086

"I’ve now received at least 5 reports from 3 constituencies that elderly voters being told by Conservative MP candidates that: “Jeremy Corbyn will take your house away.” Given that one of these is Ian Duncan-Smith’s seat I can only assume this is coordinated."

And this shit

"I’ve now received at least 5 reports from 3 constituencies that elderly voters being told by Conservative MP candidates that: “Jeremy Corbyn will take your house away.” Given that one of these is Ian Duncan-Smith’s seat I can only assume this is coordinated."

HOLA442
5 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

They are not 'all the same' - every single day The Tories resort to the gutter. Like the self-serving scum they are. You are supporting Goebbels tactics. If this is the great vision for Britain post-Brexit - you deserve everything that's coming to you.

Yet more hyperbole.

I'm not supporting anything, certainly not "Goebbel's tactics", I just prefer trying to get some perspective on an issue.

And as for lying and propaganda being the vision for Brexit well.....

HOLA443
3 minutes ago, crouch said:

Yet more hyperbole.

I'm not supporting anything, certainly not "Goebbel's tactics", I just prefer trying to get some perspective on an issue.

And as for lying and propaganda being the vision for Brexit well.....

Please report any truth about Brexit from its cheerleaders so far.

I'll wait.

HOLA444
HOLA445

@pig

Talking about Rabbi's  - I thought you would find this interesting. Written by a fellow Jew.

Another unsavoury character joins the fray. Are there any real human beings running the right wing here - or are they all lizard people?

https://www.richardsilverstein.com/2019/11/30/as-britain-faces-renewed-islamist-terror-chief-rabbi-finds-wrong-enemies/

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
2 hours ago, pig said:

It means as a UK citizen you look at the current PM (and others!) on telly with your head in your hands and wonder WTF must the rest of Europe think of us ? The rest of the world for that matter must think we are sick in the head.

Hence Stewarts reasonable diagnosis that we may have to stand aside from the world until we recover...

Happy with the philosophical maxim you never enter the same stream twice.

But we can choose to be who we want to be. We can aspire to be the country we want to be.

Silly Leave authoritarianism can go feck itself in a dark corner somewhere.

I spend a lot of time in France. My French friends don't think any less of us, the people, but they don't think much of BJ..... "he is crazy man" they say with an understanding smile. 

HOLA449
HOLA4410
55 minutes ago, crouch said:

It must certainly seem like the UK has had a collective nervous breakdown but "reliability" in this context does not refer to the probably temporary pathologies of the populace; it refers more to the steadfastness of government response, a different matter. This is less questionable than the political circus but to pretend that government is immune from the febrile atmosphere maybe taking it too far.

Maybe, but, as I say, this does not necessarily refer to external relations.

Of course it reflects the government lol. The BNP was swallowed by UKIP was swallowed by the BP was swallowed by the Conservatives, nicely stitched up with a Tory clown cherry on top. All with the clandestine support and connections from hostile parties lurking outside the country.

That patently is not a 'reliable' partner is it ? That isn't even a reliable government.

Look at BJ yesterday flapping about on Marr. No wonder he's on a leash and his handlers aren't letting Andrew Neil anywhere near...

Is that a 'leader' we can rely on ? Is that a government anybody can rely on ? Well OK it sounds great for what, the groomed half of 17m ? :)

55 minutes ago, crouch said:

I thought the whole point was to be more independent rather than go down the track of potential if not probable EU hegemony. It's arguable, and I would argue it, that you cannot keep 27 disparate countries together without some degree of authoritarianism and that the long term choice is effectively between an authoritarian federal state or an EU that is increasingly authoritarian and failing at the same time.

Oh come off it you're just making it up as you go along.

Pre-referendum it was mostly 'about' stirring up xenophobia. Now its 'about' we must go begging to a desperate pre-election Trump or Brexit is 'not worth it'. Plus a smattering of weird posts on irrelevant conflicts, empires and countries in Russias sphere of influence...

As @jonb2 says its all bull, just follow the money...

HOLA4411
3 minutes ago, pig said:

Of course it reflects the government lol. The BNP was swallowed by UKIP was swallowed by the BP was swallowed by the Conservatives, nicely stitched up with a Tory clown cherry on top. All with the clandestine support and connections from hostile parties lurking outside the country.

That patently is not a 'reliable' partner is it ? That isn't even a reliable government.

I haven't made myself clear. "Government" includes the senior civil service. On a day to day basis the EU interfaces not with the clowns at Westminster but the senior representatives such as Sir Ivan Rogers. Although these people do not ultimately make policy they are the normal "face" of the government and these people are there as a permanent cadre.

8 minutes ago, pig said:

Look at BJ yesterday flapping about on Marr. No wonder he's on a leash and his handlers aren't letting Andrew Neil anywhere near...

Is that a 'leader' we can rely on ? Is that a government anybody can rely on ? Well OK it sounds great for what, the groomed half of 17m ? :)

BJ is a clown and certainly not my choice of PM, or anything for that matter, but you can lay too much stress on personalities.

10 minutes ago, pig said:

Oh come off it you're just making it up as you go along.

Pre-referendum it was mostly 'about' stirring up xenophobia. Now its 'about' we must go begging to a desperate pre-election Trump or Brexit is 'not worth it'. Plus a smattering of weird posts on irrelevant conflicts, empires and countries in Russias sphere of influence...

As @jonb2 says its all bull, just follow the money...

Not at all. But if you choose to see conspiracies everywhere fine.

HOLA4412
16 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Lol... you never give up trying to ram your poxy Brexit down our throats do you :rolleyes:.

I have trust in Gina Miller and her properly researched and run tactical voting site...  https://www.remainunited.org/

Look I don't care either way; your choice is your choice. But at the end of the day I doubt all this cleverness will mean a great deal.

Edited by crouch

HOLA4413
2 minutes ago, crouch said:

Look I don't care either way; your choice is your choice. But at the end of the day I doubt all this cleverness will mean a great deal.

I'm hoping that whatever deal Labour may strike with the EU will be voted down, in favour of remain, in the promised confirmatory referendum.

HOLA4414
5 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

I'm hoping that whatever deal Labour may strike with the EU will be voted down, in favour of remain, in the promised confirmatory referendum.

Chances of that happening - in my view - 5%, being very generous prior to Christmas. 

HOLA4415
13 minutes ago, crouch said:

Chances of that happening - in my view - 5%, being very generous prior to Christmas. 

Well, of course you would say that, but I am not so pessimistic.

BJ and Cummings seem to be frit of tactical voting so it's got to be worth a go.

So, I say again, vote tactically to get BJ and his cronies out.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
56 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Well, of course you would say that, but I am not so pessimistic.

I should have made myself clearer; those were the odds if Corbyn gets elected not BJ. Corbyn''s policies, and of course you have to guess what they are, are unicorns and, in my view, will get buried; he'll just go back on them.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
9 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

I thought we were promised the exact same benefits?  :)

We were.

Publicly, where we are now, compared to the great optimism of 2016, is the distance to the sun and probably beyond as things unfold (unravels?).

Privately, in distance terms, the elites 'running' Brexit are just round the corner in getting what they always wanted.

It's coming home.

HOLA4425