House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
25 minutes ago, excon said:

The only reason we are having this discussion at all is that remain can not accept that they lost. Democracy can only function if the losers accept the result. Once a side in a democratic process decides they won't accept a result that is the end of democracy...

58 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

But the method of exit was not clearly expressed, and anyway, many have changed their minds in the light of what they've learned in the intervening years. 

The worst part of democracy is that sometimes you don't get what you vote for. Live with it.

Most everybody knows more about what the EU is now than on the day of the referendum, it isn't a valid point to claim that only those who voted leave have changed their minds or regret their decision. The method of Brexit was always going to have to be negotiated and agreed by  the council and then be agreed in the European Parliament, that was known.

As to me, I spoilt my referendum ballot, wish I hadn't, but that's what I did. I just want to shove it to an undemocratic supranational state,  and a liberal elite who want to remain..._

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
5 minutes ago, allfiredup said:

Its the English that are are fighting for independence, the same could be said about the 3 nations, and rightly so.

Where they are going wrong is thinking the EU is their answer to independence.  

What has the EU got to do with their independence ? Maybe if the English (boomers?) simply left the UK everybody would be happy lol.  London can remain - HS4 and 5 straight to Edinburgh and Swansea ;)

HOLA445
HOLA446
8 minutes ago, pig said:

Lol - of course the problem is the Welsh and the EU. Silly me constantly forgetting how easy it is to feck up the world when you know how out-source the blame  :)

The problem lies elsewhere, or there isn't a problem? I just like the irony of complaining about the English moving in and influencing things whilst wanting to remain part of an organisation that encourages the same thing on a larger scale, and how it would be so terrible to end that.

Edited by Riedquat

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Minister denies Brexit is to blame for Thomas Cook collapse

The tour operator had warned in a statement back in May that there was ‘little doubt that the Brexit process has led many UK customers to delay their holiday plans for the summer’.

Asked whether Thomas Cook was ‘in any way a victim’ of the fact that the pound’s value had plunged since the referendum, Matt Hancock added: ‘No, I don’t think there’s any Brexit connection.’

Metro

Thomas Cook is just early victim of Brexit.

Brexit fooling around and crumbling economy is definitely a big factor behind the collapse.

HOLA4412
Just now, Riedquat said:

The problem lies elsewhere, or there isn't a problem? I just like the irony of complaining about the English moving in and influencing things whilst wanting to remain part of an organisation that encourages the same thing on a larger scale, and how it would be so terrible to end that.

Of course silly me for forgetting that every problem must be the fault of the English and Brexit.

Er...so you're now arguing to dismantle the UK lol?

And who was 'complaining about the English moving in' ? Yes silly you :)

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
5 minutes ago, pig said:

Er...so you're now arguing to dismantle the UK lol?

And who was 'complaining about the English moving in' ? Yes silly you :)

I'd certainly favour a more federal UK, with more self-determination for Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.

Who was going on about the English moving in to Wales and saying that's what resulted in a pro-Leave vote from Wales? Wasn't me who brought that up.

Edited by Riedquat

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
2 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

"Fighting" eh however much he tries to mimic the great man, BJ is no Churchill.

Churchill was independently wealthy. Also, he had fought for his country.

Boris needs to whore himself out to the highest bidder

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/channel-four-tories-at-war-crispin-odey-1-6283173

But he did keep some money back for tea, crumpets and tarts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49794693

So here we are, Leavers voting for even more of the same corruption and greed that pervades British politics. Good work. Oh, and don't forget the destruction of the UK too.

I am preparing the ""I told you so" merchandise catalogue.

Mugs, T-shirts, full size flags and ringtones to be used as constant reminders for the next few decades.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
23 minutes ago, allfiredup said:

Not really. The referendum secured a major beach head, fort, and supply line. Yes the peasants are revolting, but this is England, we don't lose wars.

I think the die is cast. Even if we stay in the EU due to finagling there's two ways this will play out: we'll leave after another few years and it will be for good or: the EU itself will change so that we are a "fit" with it.

The UK  has never been a "fit" with the EU as currently constituted; we were lied to on an industrial scale prior to our accession in 1973 and we would never have joined if the truth had come out. 

HOLA4425
Just now, crouch said:

I think the die is cast. Even if we stay in the EU due to finagling there's two ways this will play out: we'll leave after another few years and it will be for good or: the EU itself will change so that we are a "fit" with it.

The UK  has never been a "fit" with the EU as currently constituted; we were lied to on an industrial scale prior to our accession in 1973 and we would never have joined if the truth had come out. 

The UK will break up.  Job done.