House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
3 hours ago, longgone said:

So the successful and educated voted remain by a large number. 

One could say if you keep this line of remain equals a educated decision and the right one you may convince those leavers by peer pressure and human nature to conform to the norm. Voting leave was silly your not stupid are you.

I have a Ph.D., I’ve been to over 50 countries, and I’m In the top 1% of earners. I voted Leave. My colleague, who earns more than me and is a Ph.D. and MD, and lives in Switzerland...because he can, voted leave. I regard those who voted Remain as entirely duped by the hideously biased BBC et al.

HOLA442
10 hours ago, jonb2 said:

You've not been paying attention have you?

It's not about what we buy from them - it's about the 60% of exports we will lose overnight in a no-deal. About £300 billion.

And that, simply, is why there are predictions of huge job losses.

Don't worry 

This is not going to happen and once we renegotiate our trade agreement we will actually sell more to the EU thus improving our trade position. 

Its going to be great.

HOLA443
9 hours ago, dances with sheeple said:

Desperate stuff, shows how much fear there is out there in established political circles, but if it didn`t work before the ref. why do they think it would work now? They are just driving more and more people away from them by branding them bigots for expressing their views

This is even worse than Ukip's breaking point poster and shows how desperate the Labour party have fallen.

The main parties all deserve to be toast and Its time we had a political reset in this country because they are not fit for purpose.

On Thursday 23rd May 2019 that process will commence 

HOLA444
3 hours ago, HovelinHove said:

I have a Ph.D., I’ve been to over 50 countries, and I’m In the top 1% of earners. I voted Leave. My colleague, who earns more than me and is a Ph.D. and MD, and lives in Switzerland...because he can, voted leave. I regard those who voted Remain as entirely duped by the hideously biased BBC et al.

Welcome to team leave.

HOLA445
HOLA446
9 hours ago, dances with sheeple said:

How does overthrowing a democratic vote hold politicians to account? There is no "cliff edge", this has gone on for three years now and it has been an obvious (failed) attempt to stop Brexit so far. If you don`t think that the Tory party are now going to embrace No Deal then I think you are talking bollux, they fear Farage far more than they fear the so called No Deal scenario. Of course we need to see what happens at this weeks elections, that will set the course for the near future.

The  Brexits on offer already ‘overthrow’ the vote and the only agreed way to overthrow a vote is through democracy - it happens every election.

HOLA447
9 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

If we end up out of the EU then we should fix the broken electoral system that let it happen, adopt a system of direct democracy and immediately hold a referendum on rejoining the EU. Terms to include the Euro and Schengen, which may be acceptable to the EU 27.

Actually that's not a bad idea. The result of the referendum would be overwhelmingly Leave and that would put the matter to bed finally.

HOLA448
9 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

If we leave the EU in any shape or form we are over the cliff edge. 

Hopefully, neither the Tories, nor Labour will survive, they certainly don't deserve to.

If we end up out of the EU then we should fix the broken electoral system that let it happen, adopt a system of direct democracy and immediately hold a referendum on rejoining the EU. Terms to include the Euro and Schengen, which may be acceptable to the EU 27.

Would Ireland then join Schengen?

HOLA449
5 hours ago, HovelinHove said:

We need people like you pig, to remind us all of just why Labour is so completely and utterly contemptible and unelectable. Thank you for the great service that you and your comrades do.

Well that sounds like a pretty needy and insecure gang you obey lol! Have you ever considered independent thought ?

HOLA4410
5 hours ago, HovelinHove said:

What I find puzzling is that Remainers don't have to think because they voted for the status quo and you don't really have to think about that.

Leavers do have to think. Now some may be mistaken and don't think very well but at least they've had to think about the issues to say they don't want the EU. Very few will say " I just don't like it"; they give reasons. Now those reasons may be wrong but at least they've had to think.

The "thick" and "uneducated" meme is of course just a gratuitous insult.

HOLA4411
8 minutes ago, crouch said:

What I find puzzling is that Remainers don't have to think because they voted for the status quo and you don't really have to think about that.

Leavers do have to think. Now some may be mistaken and don't think very well but at least they've had to think about the issues to say they don't want the EU. Very few will say " I just don't like it"; they give reasons. Now those reasons may be wrong but at least they've had to think.

The problem is that there is also a significant minority who then think "well, we'll fall out on WTO terms, then they'll come crawling back"...that isn't thinking..

HOLA4412
6 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

The problem is that there is also a significant minority who then think "well, we'll fall out on WTO terms, then they'll come crawling back"...that isn't thinking..

If you say so.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
1 minute ago, Dave Beans said:

The WA in one form or another will get passed - it just depends on how much damage you want to do in the meantime.  We would have left already, it wasn't for the ERG and alikes..

I wonder. I haven't a clue what will happen.

You may be right because, as people continually forget, the WA is just about leaving; the important bit is the long term relationship which is up for grabs.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
53 minutes ago, crouch said:

Lordy no thinking required when you’ve been told ! just pick up a newsrag over the last couple of decades.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
14 hours ago, dances with sheeple said:

Desperate stuff, shows how much fear there is out there in established political circles, but if it didn`t work before the ref. why do they think it would work now? They are just driving more and more people away from them by branding them bigots for expressing their views

Yaxley-Lennon is a neofascist. Batten perforce is an apologist for neofascism. And Farage consorts with neofascists like Bannon and the Breitbartian sewer-dwellers at every opportunity.

A clear and uncontroversial identification. Vote for these monsters at your peril.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
2 hours ago, crouch said:

This isn't really accurate.  To many people, "Leave" meant "don't go along with their plans for a superstate and stay as we are".

HOLA4421
7 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

A couple of things which change the mix.

1 the change in Euro parliament?

2 the worsening of economic conditions with Germany, France, Italy etc...

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425