House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
12 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

The UK produces some of the most popular music in the world.

The issue is that the BBC does a terrible job of choosing songs and artists.

There has been some lamentable carp over the years.

image.png.683252a5d81ac6251572e6d82393f949.png even bigger than this CARP ?

HOLA442
16 minutes ago, Spindler said:

Wogan washed his hands of it way back....they say they are apolitical...but its all politics in the voting ...and they get upset about madonna's little stunt......calling it political.....it belongs left  in the 70's....as per Wogan he said it was a farce ...it was and it is.....

And imo each country should sing in their own language....nicking English...because it's the cool language to sing in makes the whole thing pointless...

it is possible to win in a language other than English....a dutchman representing his country singing in English is just a crock of ****

The UK popular vote went to Norway, and I think they actually won the popular vote across Europe. It had Scandinavian Viking style yodelling. That’s what we want ? 

HOLA443
1 minute ago, GrizzlyDave said:

The UK popular vote went to Norway, and I think they actually won the popular vote across Europe. It had Scandinavian Viking style yodelling. That’s what we want ? 

they should go back to doing what they did best lol

image.png.6d001a10fc317dba248a65ad8883dfdd.png

HOLA444
25 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Over subsequent years, there has been this path of pumping out boyband-lite dross (with the obvious key change)...the UK should be better than that...

Edited by Dave Beans

HOLA445
38 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Just be thankful for small mercies, at least Theresa May can't crow about "another British success" at next weeks PMQs. 

HOLA446
3 hours ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Do you think politics in the UK needs a massive shake up or were you happy with the status quo?

I doubt Brexit will give UK politics a massive shakeup. Once the end state is reached the Brexit Party/UKIP/ERG will shrivel away and it will be back to LibLabCon as usual.

HOLA447
16 minutes ago, Spindler said:

Wogan washed his hands of it way back....they say they are apolitical...but its all politics in the voting ...and they get upset about madonna's little stunt......calling it political.....it belongs left  in the 70's....as per Wogan he said it was a farce ...it was and it is.....

And imo each country should sing in their own language....nicking English...because it's the cool language to sing in makes the whole thing pointless...

it is possible to win in a language other than English....a dutchman representing his country singing in English is just a crock of ****

HOLA448
HOLA449
8 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

I doubt Brexit will give UK politics a massive shakeup. Once the end state is reached the Brexit Party/UKIP/ERG will shrivel away and it will be back to LibLabCon as usual.

i regret you're probably right and the irony is the Brexit debate will have resurrected the Lib Dems...you know the brexit they hate so much

HOLA4410
9 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

Maybe. This time it feels different. If Brexit doesn’t shake it up - I’m not sure what will! 

HOLA4411

let's face that overgrown school boy Clegg should never ever had got in bed with that other overgrown schoolboy Cameron.....he destroyed his party and was left with how many mp's in 2015 ?

Cab for the liberal party MP's outside Mr Clegg

image.png.b6b45786d7ed5c77618027e525f337cd.png

HOLA4412
3 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Maybe. This time it feels different. If Brexit doesn’t shake it up - I’m not sure what will! 

let's hope so...if it doesn't there is no chance.......

It took me a while to figure out why Max Keiser was so anti Brexit as he's so anti establishment....but it finally  dawned on me he hates TPTB establishment in this country so much he figures we are just leaving one elite for the old guard.....elite who will go back to their old ways....of *********** over the proles....i guess he figures the EU are more humanitarian than our own elite......i'm not sure about that (greece etc) southern Europe etc..... but if Brexit does happen and we don;t evolve our system of govt we are probably ********d....Eu will probably go down its own u bend within 10 years and we'll just be one nail in that...

I think if brexit does happen...Farage's prediction will come true we won;t be the last to leave.....

HOLA4413
5 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

I can see the point that once things are settled and we're on the way out we'll all go back to sleep.

However, I believe we'll get a recession and probably a financial crash in the next year or two - the World economy is already slowing quite markedly - and under those circumstances the pot is likely to keep boiling and this will bring to the surface issues that are buried.

Furthermore, any recession/ crash is going to put great pressure on the EU and it may be forced to change direction under those circumstances. It may have to ditch the growth and stability pact - as the Italians are already straining to do - and this will put strong pressure on the ECB because the corollary of this is an almost certain escalation in member states funding rates which will compound the problems further.

Brexit may just be the end of the beginning.

HOLA4414
1 hour ago, Dorkins said:

Exactly - Same game - different people.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
1 hour ago, GrizzlyDave said:

The ongoing expansion of the assetless is what will eventually shake up UK politics, as it will shake up politics across the developed world. People without capital have no reason to support capitalism. Brexit is a minor blip in comparison.

Edited by Dorkins

HOLA4417
1 hour ago, Dorkins said:

The ongoing expansion of the assetless is what will eventually shake up UK politics, as it will shake up politics across the developed world. People without capital have no reason to support capitalism. Brexit is a minor blip in comparison.

That’s an interesting theory.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
43 minutes ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

Yes but doesn't make much sense.

After all, if Brexit is just a blip, why worry about it ?

He wants a world with less borders not more of them.

Whilst admirable, I find it naive.

Dorkins has a Star Trek Federation view of the future.

Whereas for me I think of the Hunger Games.

HOLA4420
4 hours ago, jonb2 said:

Thanks Dave. If you want to look at what happens after Brexit - just check out the VI's behind it.

"The next prime minister must be a ******** libertarian"...?

Ten years on from the GFC, we've barely begun to pay off the debt that the last shower of free market nimrods buried us under. I suppose, at a pinch, we could run the private sector debt/GDP ratio back up to its all-time 2010 high of 190%. ?

HOLA4421
3 hours ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

Yes but doesn't make much sense.

After all, if Brexit is just a blip, why worry about it ?

Who's worried about Brexit? I've said repeatedly on this thread that I think the UK will be basically fine wherever it ends up, EU, EFTA or WTO. Brexit is kind of entertaining in a political soap opera sense but it's ultimately a waste of political capital that would be better used for more important things like housing.

Edited by Dorkins

HOLA4422

Brexit Party overtakes Tories in poll on general election

Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party has pushed the Tories into third place in voting intentions for a general election, according to a new opinion poll.

Yahoo

This is now existential problem for Tories.

The only way how they can eliminate the Brexit party now is to revoke A50 or call second referendum.

They are approaching point where they will have to bite the bullet.

HOLA4423
1 minute ago, rollover said:

The only way how they can eliminate the Brexit party now is to revoke A50 or call second referendum.

Lucky for the Tories May called a General election in 2017, pushing the next one back to 2022 before serving a s*** sandwich.

HOLA4424
1 hour ago, rollover said:

How about they simply knuckle down and deliver brexit.

HOLA4425