House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
52 minutes ago, highYield said:

The prince of unicorns. To do so would destroy the Conservative party. Which is, of course, why they cannot do it.

Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.

Brexit or no Brexit this whole thing has made me feel differently about things....I see now they didnt really want to give a referendum and did everything they could to secure the answer they wanted....Cameron must be persona non grata in the tory party these days for leaving them with this poison chalice...he was always just a rich kid playing games hes such a soulless specimen i dont know how Sam Cam puts up with his pathetic derriere....im glad and saddened to know for sure they give not a fig for the electorate but to undo A50 would throw the pretense of democracy right out of the window....they really are between the devil and the deep blue sea...just on reflating the housing bubble........i personally condemn the tories as pure evil....now they are choking to death on somethig they really didnt want to swallow in the first place.....the true tory thing was remain but they have always had enough eurosceptics to feed their split personality on the issue this has done for them.....i don;t hold out much hope with the other mob...anyone who has diane abbott in a front running slot...our version of maxine waters in the us must be deperately short of talent....the revulsion at tory friends aka housebuilders living high on the Hog on the backs of indebted fools just trying to put a roof over their heads shhows them as the vermin they are the disaster of how to leave the eu shows them to be either incompetent or so wicked this is actually the plan..to wriggle out of the decision

HOLA442
5 hours ago, thecrashingisles said:

This is stupidity.  You're not basing your views on your own judgment but on who it will offend.

No, it is my judgement on a pervasive bias on MSM and the air of superiority the remainers exude. They just will not discuss what the country voted for and still wants, that graph is backed up by other polls. Clips here show the standard of debate on the BBC and elsewhere. Second clip in is probably the best example. The bias BBC London centric remainers were spitting/frothing at the mouth that the country consensus is to leave without a deal rather than the current fudge. 

Edited by Confounded

HOLA443
8 minutes ago, Confounded said:

No, it is my judgement on a pervasive bias on MSM and the air of superiority the remainers exude. They just will not discuss what the country voted for and still wants, that graph is backed up by other polls. Clips here show the standard of debate on the BBC and elsewhere. Second clip in is probably the best example. The bias BBC London centric remainers were spitting/frothing at the mouth that the country consensus is to leave without a deal rather than the current fudge. 

Which graph ?

HOLA444
16 minutes ago, Confounded said:

That’s a great video.

HOLA445
24 minutes ago, Confounded said:

Why is whether the BBC is or isn't biased relevant to the question of our membership of the EU?  It's as stupid as voting leave as a way of thumbing your nose at Barack Obama.

HOLA446
10 minutes ago, thecrashingisles said:

Why is whether the BBC is or isn't biased relevant to the question of our membership of the EU?  It's as stupid as voting leave as a way of thumbing your nose at Barack Obama.

The question regarding EU membership has been clearly answered, it is the implementation by a remain majority parliament and biased MSM that is at question here!

HOLA447
HOLA448
33 minutes ago, Spindler said:

Brexit or no Brexit this whole thing has made me feel differently about things....I see now they didnt really want to give a referendum and did everything they could to secure the answer they wanted....Cameron must be persona non grata in the tory party these days for leaving them with this poison chalice...he was always just a rich kid playing games hes such a soulless specimen i dont know how Sam Cam puts up with his pathetic derriere....im glad and saddened to know for sure they give not a fig for the electorate but to undo A50 would throw the pretense of democracy right out of the window....they really are between the devil and the deep blue sea...just on reflating the housing bubble........i personally condemn the tories as pure evil....now they are choking to death on somethig they really didnt want to swallow in the first place.....the true tory thing was remain but they have always had enough eurosceptics to feed their split personality on the issue this has done for them.....i don;t hold out much hope with the other mob...anyone who has diane abbott in a front running slot...our version of maxine waters in the us must be deperately short of talent....the revulsion at tory friends aka housebuilders living high on the Hog on the backs of indebted fools just trying to put a roof over their heads shhows them as the vermin they are the disaster of how to leave the eu shows them to be either incompetent or so wicked this is actually the plan..to wriggle out of the decision

The Cameron Brexit play that bought us Brexit is fascinating. There are reference to him claiming that we'll remain because he said "I'm a winner" - arrogance engendered by his successful playing of the aweful Nick Clegg in the aborted PR referendum that they managed to muddy so much that the majority voted for less democracy.

I voted (mostly) LibDem my whole life, as a result of their promise to make our system more democratic.

An inflection point for me was seeing Cameron crawling to Mittal, and being summarily dismissed: 

Our terrible, terrible, FPTP system is the main problem in UK politics - it leaves us with a false choice between the less economically incompetent - VS - the people who care, but whom are also economically incompetent.

It utterly beggers belief that they still do not fundamentally understand the European Union that (rightly or wrongly) rules over us, nearly 3 years after Brexit. Solid, 24 carat, evidence that very few of the duck ponders even bothered to begin to understand the system that they operated under.

We need to break these useless barstewards up. They've both had their chances over the past few centuries, but over that time they've done precisely zero - apart from managing our decline whilst feathering their own personal nests.

Time for change. Who can know what it'll bring - but at the least, hopefully not more of the same.

HOLA449
Just now, Confounded said:

One earlier in the thread showing a majority would prefer no deal as the leave option. 

Will take a look.

But I'm getting a bit of deja vu with this. Are you saying a majority of people want no deal in spite of tv propaganda ?

Or perhaps a majority of leavers ?

HOLA4410
5 minutes ago, Confounded said:

The question regarding EU membership has been clearly answered, it is the implementation by a remain majority parliament and biased MSM that is at question here!

I'm doing everything I can to frustrate the implementation of Brexit, and I'm neither in the parliament or the media.  I'm just a citizen living in a democratic society.

HOLA4411
1 minute ago, thecrashingisles said:

I'm doing everything I can to frustrate the implementation of Brexit, and I'm neither in the parliament or the media.  I'm just a citizen living in a democratic society.

Have you donated to Led By Donkeys?

Or, as some remainer's might call them, Led By Donkey's?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
4 minutes ago, thecrashingisles said:

so you cant accept the only democratic vote(because of first past the post)..i have ever taken part in? You are trying to undo a democratic vote and claim that as your right in a democatic society to work counter to democracy/////amazing amazing

HOLA4414
Just now, Spindler said:

so you cant accept the only democratic vote(because of first past the post)..i have ever taken part in? You are trying to undo a democratic vote and claim that as your right in a democatic society to work counter to democracy/////amazing amazing

After any election people continue to argue for what they believe to be the right thing for the country.  Democracy didn't stop in 2016.

HOLA4415
27 minutes ago, thecrashingisles said:

who brought Obamam into it....? Cameron/....did to get his pal to make threats to us about not getting a trade deal....this the leader of the the so called democrats.....if that isnt interfereing in another countrys affairs i dont know what is...but the us has a monopoly on that it seems and then scream russian interference.....laughable...which has now been shown to be baseless.....

HOLA4416
9 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

On past performance, nothing until 24th October when May announces that if MPs don't accept her original deal, the UK will leave on WTO terms at the end of the week.

Yes but, what happens next? ?

I still think no deal is likely and I am sceptical about the claim that 'no deal' plans have been shelved. The WA isn't a deal: we still have a vast amount to do in order to extricate ourselves from the EU - nearly 40 years worth of accreditations,  agreements, ratifications and regulations to unravel. I think those civil servants will be beavering away as per usual. 

At the moment, the betting markets only give no deal a 14% chance. Interestingly, revoking Article 50 is given a 28% chance. I'd wager you could at least reverse those two.

No deal is bring talked up

You probably noticed that Boris Johnson had his knuckles rapped by the media regulator.

In his Daily Telegraph column, he wrote:

" . . . it is  the so-called no-deal option, that is gaining in popularity. . . . it is this future that is by some margin preferred by the British public.”

A reader complained to the Independent Press Standards Organisation, arguing that no poll backed up Mr. Johnson’s assertions. IPSO ruled in agreement ordered the paper to print a correction.

I do believe the ERG will continue to prevent any constructive outcome.

HOLA4417
55 minutes ago, Confounded said:

OK so I've watched the video. Is this the sort of thing going around Leave circles ?

HOLA4418
1 minute ago, thecrashingisles said:

Absolutely, and you have 21,908 posts to prove it. You make your case very clear but I am afraid frustrating an already made democratic decision by the people in parliament will lead to far greater issues going forward. The vast majority of the public remain or leavers just want this to be resolved and No deal is the simplest route to achieve this. Yes we could revoke article 50 but the long term damage will dwarf any no deal short term bumps.

Did you like that clip where the BBC interviewer started to make a very good case for leaving without realising it..... That is the problem when you don’t understand the big picture and just spouting brainwashed rubbish In an effort to stop the person you have in front of you to interview from talking....

HOLA4419
2 minutes ago, pig said:

OK so I've watched the video. Is this the sort of thing going around Leave circles ?

Not that I am away of, just a group of clips, some of which I remember seeing live. I just typed in Brexit bias media and it came up. I could make a video nearly everyday showing similar situation if I could be bothered. 

HOLA4420
30 minutes ago, Confounded said:

One earlier in the thread showing a majority would prefer no deal as the leave option. 

OK so from this graph:

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/do-you-favour-leaving-the-eu-with-no-deal-leaving-the-eu-with-theresa-mays-deal-leaving-the-eu-but-remaining-in-the-single-market-customs-union-or-remaining-in-the-eu-revoking-article-50/

I used the combination option and  got 60% against no deal (from Mays deal to Remain),  24% for no deal, and 17% don't know.

Presumably this is not the graph you are talking about ? Because from that last bolded caveat I'm getting suspicious that it is...

HOLA4421
8 minutes ago, pig said:

OK so from this graph:

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/do-you-favour-leaving-the-eu-with-no-deal-leaving-the-eu-with-theresa-mays-deal-leaving-the-eu-but-remaining-in-the-single-market-customs-union-or-remaining-in-the-eu-revoking-article-50/

I used the combination option and  got 60% against no deal (from Mays deal to Remain),  24% for no deal, and 17% don't know.

Presumably this is not the graph you are talking about ? Because from that last bolded caveat I'm getting suspicious that it is...

Absolutely that is the graph! No deal is a massive majority for the leave option. I am staggered it is so high given No deal is just not debated publicly. It is like the elephant in the room when ever the BBC discuss the next options as each ridiculous move by the failed parliament unfolds. I get a feeling that is will only grow as more people take the time to research it as an option having got a sense parliament has not done its job for them.  

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
35 minutes ago, pig said:

OK so from this graph:

Talk about spin.

49% leave

33% remain

17% irrelevant

Leave 16% higher than remain. This is precisely why it is deceitful to split the leave vote.

22 minutes ago, Confounded said:

Absolutely that is the graph! No deal is a massive majority for the leave option. I am staggered it is so high given No deal is just not debated publicly. It is like the elephant in the room when ever the BBC discuss the next options as each ridiculous move by the failed parliament unfolds. I get a feeling that is will only grow as more people take the time to research it as an option having got a sense parliament has not done its job for them.  

BA90FA7F-5701-42FA-9217-60AE1D2393DE.thumb.jpeg.70bf227061e8c203fc86cbf8f5eb80dd.jpeg

Edited by GrizzlyDave

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
14 minutes ago, Confounded said:

Riiiight Okay.

So 60% AGAINST no deal vs. 24% FOR it. 17% don't know.

Even if you pretend Remainers don't exist its 27% AGAINST no deal vs 24% FOR no deal.

I've watched your video from the 'Core'.' and perused their twitter site.

What the feck are you on ?