House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
8 minutes ago, ****-eyed octopus said:

"They" never had any power to do anything.

It's neither right nor wrong to make any of the above suggestions. It's up to individual people to decide whether the suggestion is viable.

Personally I never expected the money we send to the EU to go to any particular cause. It just meant it was money we were no longer obliged to pay to the EU, it could be spent on projects in the UK, & if we didn't think the government was spending it wisely we (collectively, democratically) could get rid of them.

Looks like you failed that test then. 

HOLA442
1 hour ago, ****-eyed octopus said:

That's just a fact. My 6 year old granddaughter knows the meaning of "let's".

So perhaps I should have qualified my statement by saying " or below the age of 8".

Let's go the the swings.

Let's watch "Finding Nemo"

Let's go and have a pizza.

You are going to have a really fecked-up granddaughter if you play those games with her.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Just now, jonb2 said:

Let's go the the swings.

Let's watch "Finding Nemo"

Let's go and have a pizza.

You are going to have a really fecked-up granddaughter if you play those games with her.

What games? Suggesting various options?

Next time she wants to play Beetle I'll say "No! No way Beetle! We're playing Beat Your Neighbours & that's final!!

Sometimes on here I think I've locked myself in a lunatic asylum.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
1 minute ago, rollover said:

The choice is yours!

I get the feeling from your previous posts that you are somehow superior, because of English.

No, but I wouldn't go on a French forum, for example, if my French was as poor as your English.

You wasted my time (hundreds of pages ago) before I realised you didn't actually understand what I was saying & trying to have a conversation with you was futile.

HOLA4412
16 hours ago, kzb said:

What I am trying to do is fight this prevailing belief that food prices have to go up after Brexit.  In fact the opposite ought to be true. 

I am trying to get that one simple truth installed, before I go any further.

THEN, we can think about optimising our own tariffs and quotas to suit our own needs.

Are you suggesting our food is expensive? We have incredibly cheap food already. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45559594

Britons spend an average of 8% of their total household expenditure on food to eat at home. This is less than any other country apart from the US and Singapore, according to data from market research firm Euromonitor.

HOLA4413
2 minutes ago, ****-eyed octopus said:

No, but I wouldn't go on a French forum, for example, if my French was as poor as your English.

You wasted my time (hundreds of pages ago) before I realised you didn't actually understand what I was saying & trying to have a conversation with you was futile.

Would that be pidgin (sic) English.... LOL

https://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/210294-brexit-what-happens-next-thread-multiple-merged-threads/&do=findComment&comment=1103448928

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
32 minutes ago, ****-eyed octopus said:

"They" never had any power to do anything.

It's neither right nor wrong to make any of the above suggestions. It's up to individual people to decide whether the suggestion is viable.

Personally I never expected the money we send to the EU to go to any particular cause. It just meant it was money we were no longer obliged to pay to the EU, it could be spent on projects in the UK, & if we didn't think the government was spending it wisely we (collectively, democratically) could get rid of them.

It is clear with the NHS that the money are not there and people were bit naive and maybe some bit simpletons to believing it, because of the manipulative language.

But let's be honest now, I think you are part of the group as well.

Don't you want to "(let's) take back control", do you?

HOLA4416
6 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:
pidgin English

Dictionary result for pidgin English

noun

1. a pidgin in which the chief language is English, used originally between Chinese people and Europeans.

HOLA4417
5 minutes ago, rollover said:

It is clear with the NHS that the money are not there and people were bit naive and maybe some bit simpletons to believing it, because of the manipulative language.

But let's be honest now, I think you are part of the group as well.

Don't you want to "(let's) take back control", do you?

Indeed I do!

Nothing to do with that bunch though. As I've frequently said, I voted against joining the Common Market (& had a few 'heated debates' about it with acquaintances at the time.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
13 minutes ago, ****-eyed octopus said:

True that is a fair point, thank you for being honest and I take your point but that isn’t the way I see it.

I do respect your opinion, but you can't expect me to agree if I don’t agree with you.

HOLA4420
Just now, rollover said:

True that is a fair point, thank you for being honest and I take your point but that isn’t the way I see it.

I do respect your opinion, but you can't expect me to agree if I don’t agree with you.

Absolutely. And I'm not trying to persuade you otherwise. But it would really, really help if you could improve your English!

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
12 hours ago, Dave Beans said:

...why had they been avoiding the "European question?"...its this avoidance has lead to the situation that we are in now...Out of interest, are you a People's Voter? Revoke A50?

Brexit has put the "British question" firmly on the table.  The UK won't last much longer, and then we can pick up the pieces and rejoin the EU individually.

HOLA4424
14 hours ago, dugsbody said:

Not going to work. The problem here is that they're taking at face value the lies of the brexit campaign that it was about trade deals and EU laws. 99.9% of people couldn't describe what a trade deal is and why it would be better to have deals outside of what we currently have, bar a few soundbites they've learned to parrot off the internet. Neither could they name any of these detrimental laws bar the same parroting. 

What they care about is stopping foreign people from moving here and since the rest of Europe actually really likes being able to move around Europe, we're not going to convince them to change that to suit the UK.

Once we end freedom of movement we'll hear the collective brexiter human mass breath a big sigh of relief that they can give up pretending to care about trade deals and EU laws, get back to their reality TV and let the politicians get on with dealing with that boring stuff.

I posted Leave Means Lead as a public service to forum members.  It does not mean I support it.

The lead persons seem to be Maurice Saatchi and Gina Miller, both ardent Remainers.

CoVI was telling us last week there is a plan to delay A50 for 5 years, address the concerns of Leavers in that time, then have another referendum.  When this Leave Means Lead was featured on C4 News, I thought this must be it.

Your post is in no way germane to the discussion.  Your arguments do not address what LML aims to do.  Please stick to the point.

HOLA4425