House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
4 hours ago, GrizzlyDave said:

My point was about the size of the document.

Another of your inappropriate  and pointless comparrisons?

He hadn’t read it until the cabinet meeting. He’s been on domestic brexit arrangements.

Looks like he is not the PM material he thinks he is.

Why not. Here are the questions and my vote...

[  ] Deal

[x] No deal 

Remain   54%

Deal        18%

No Deal   28%

Can you see the problem with your proposal.

I will give you a clue democracy didn't stop in 2016.

Would you really want the country forced into a future that less than one third want and will make them poorer.

Are you really a democrat?

HOLA444
HOLA445
4 hours ago, highYield said:

Aren't dates a relatively minor quibble? If our elected representatives are not capable of getting a temporary Withdrawal Agreement though, then perhaps the same people shouldn't be tasked with negotiating what comes after.

They have got a WA proposal through, if it is going to be rejected because it doesn't meet the fantasy Brexit sold to the people that's not really their problem.

HOLA446
4 hours ago, wish I could afford one said:

Interesting comment German politician Hans-Olaf Henkel - "So I think what they could specifically do is now offer Britain a new deal. That deal has to be more autonomy for controlling British immigration."

Maybe a vote on WA or Remain with a bit of cake...

FoM migration is a non issue, it was peaking at the time of the referendum and the only way after that is down, It is already down to a level that is causing firms to have to focus their foreign recruitment efforts outside the EU. 

HOLA447
4 hours ago, highYield said:

The RoI government would never have done that on their own. The EU enabled them.

No real criticism - I work for the Irish government, almost half of my income is from them.

Part of the point of being in the EU is that you get the support of the wider EU when you have a dispute with third countries.

Membership is  a force multiplier, as we are now finding out.  

HOLA448
3 hours ago, Roman Roady said:

Isn't there always a significant amount of voters on the losing side with an election of any type? Mid term Presidents/Prime-ministers generally get very poor ratings...whats the answer, to keep having vote after vote?

We had the referendum and got a result therefore we should get on with delivering the result. The only vote to have is how we leave.

Being on the losing side of a democratic election is one thing, being on the winning side and not seeing the result delivered is something else.

The Brexiteers promised something they couldn't deliver, being fooled into voting for something undeliverable is something you should suck up and learn from, not lead the country down a destructive path..    

HOLA449
10 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Part of the point of being in the EU is that you get the support of the wider EU when you have a dispute with third countries.

The EU currently has 28 votes within the WTO, to, say the US's 1.  This is what Trump (rightly) is unhappy about, and is, AFAIK, about to be reformed..

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
6 hours ago, Errol said:

Caveat Emptor - PJW is a facist and a racist.

6 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Another of your inappropriate  and pointless comparrisons?

Actually I was answering a specific question (Link) another forum member raised about other countries who have successfully voted for and implemented independence. Of course no other example is quite like ours.

If you aren’t interested in what I have to say - by all means ignore me or block me.

6 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Just ask the Greeks.

Resistance is fEUtile.

Edited by GrizzlyDave

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

A full  understanding of  the  content of all the treaties we signed up to, (some good and some bad), should have been a pre requisite of  having your vote counted in the referendum.

Fancy taking early retirement  after your windfall/inheritance/lottery win to live in France/Spain after end of March?  Good luck with that. 

What a sad inward looking little irrelevance UK has become.

HOLA4415
11 minutes ago, notnow said:

A full  understanding of  the  content of all the treaties we signed up to, (some good and some bad), should have been a pre requisite of  having your vote counted in the referendum.

Fancy taking early retirement  after your windfall/inheritance/lottery win to live in France/Spain after end of March?  Good luck with that. 

What a sad inward looking little irrelevance UK has become.

What’s early retirement? Is that a baby boomer thing?

HOLA4416

Gove offered Brexit job.......refuses and considering quitting....

Another Brexity rat deserts the sinking Brexit ship.

One thing that seems to characterise these Brexiteers....they consider themselves victims and never take responsibility...always content to be one of the hard done by set.......pathetic.....#Bremoaners

Don't they fill you with a sense of pride..........:lol:...the only thing they are prepared to 'take back control of' is their pay check.

Edited by IMHAL

HOLA4417
27 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

What’s early retirement? Is that a baby boomer thing?

Not necessarily, I think it means retiring before you can draw your state pension. So it mostly applies to the middle aged, or older, although some people retire in their 20s.

I retired eight years before I was eligible for my state pension so you could call that early retirement, although I had intended to retire earlier but lacked the wherewithal.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
18 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Not necessarily, I think it means retiring before you can draw your state pension. So it mostly applies to the middle aged, or older, although some people retire in their 20s.

I retired eight years before I was eligible for my state pension so you could call that early retirement, although I had intended to retire earlier but lacked the wherewithal.

I’d love to retire early!

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Some Labour dipstick on BBC breakfast saying that they want to a general election and they want to re-negotiate the deal.....with cherries on top.....all in a couple of months!!

Brexit with a seat at the table......Labour truly deluded. Party politics trumps the interests of the country.

Brexit has become the UK's LSD - we are truly one headless fvcked-up nation.....we are falling apart trying to deliver the undeliverable....great job.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
33 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

I’d love to retire early!

What is early 55, 60 or 65?.....rents and homes very affordable in other parts of Europe, renting offers more tenant protection rights, fast broadband means some can live and work from Europe as if living in the UK paying a lot more.....flights for some cheaper than catching the train to London.?

HOLA4425
On 14/11/2018 at 20:36, Confusion of VIs said:
On 14/11/2018 at 20:27, thehowler said:

Been chatting with Tony B?

They've caved on the backstop,

Not quite, it was the gossip in the Westminster Arms all last week.

13 hours ago, thehowler said:

Maybe it was too easy a victory, CofVIs, you and your buddies hearing the goss over your Lucifer.

Maybe it's back to the table.

Is this some sort of street talk?

goss/gossip that the Brits had capitulated...over beer/Lucifer. Well I thought it made sense. Will try harder.

beer.thumb.jpg.f68ec76c0715b87b4d5294ee1b99a8e2.jpg

Edited by thehowler