House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
2 hours ago, ccc said:

What - apart from the 3 years they live here, use our infrastructure, hospitals and the rest of it ?

Amazing. Truly amazing . 

Even after speaking to quite a few rabid Leavers on my visits to Blackpool, you are the first person I have come across who seems to think students coming here to study is a bad thing.   

HOLA442
HOLA443
6 hours ago, BearsEye said:

To be honest i joined out of interest to the deflationary thread, i'm on holiday at the moment and have better things to do then get into discussions with people who want to stop the democratic vote, and have spent 18 months whining. I'm out.

I most definitely want to stop the democratic vote through any available democratic means. Democracy didn't end when you put your mark on that piece of paper. Just ask your mate Nigel. You know, Orange man's friend.

Anyway, have a nice holiday.

HOLA444
21 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

I most definitely want to stop the democratic vote through any available democratic means. Democracy didn't end when you put your mark on that piece of paper. Just ask your mate Nigel. You know, Orange man's friend.

Anyway, have a nice holiday.

+1

Democracy is the moment when the 52% become less than 50%. And given what is going on now, this wont take much. 

HOLA445
1 hour ago, dugsbody said:

Just ask your mate Nigel. You know, Orange man's friend.

1 hour ago, dugsbody said:

Boris is doing what Boris does. Be a politician who blusters a lot but doesn't have to be accountable for anything. He truly is a **** of epic proportions. 

Wow, there was me thinking that leaving the EU was all about removing ourselves from a political system where the sole route for new legislation to be introduced is via a group of commissioners that no-one's allowed to vote for. Silly me for over-thinking things and not realising it's simply a matter of primary school level name calling.

HOLA446
50 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

+1

Democracy is the moment when the 52% become less than 50%. And given what is going on now, this wont take much. 

Sorry cant sleep jetlag and drinking to get me to sleep which isn't working so couldn't resist replying.

What happens if you get a 2nd referendum and you lose that one? Or if you win that one and it makes it 1-1 do leave voters get another stab at it? Could you please answer both scenarios.

Remain had the entire establishment on their side last time, many foreign leaders (except Putin) got involved on your side and you still lost.

Quite why anyone would want another layer of politicians dictating their lives, or should i say a committee of appointed members which resembles the Chinese ruling party form of governance is something i will never understand. 

HOLA447
4 hours ago, ccc said:

Stop trying to deflect from the point.

Many on the remain side literally make shit up over and over. 

And I've just proven one example. 

Black and white. 

lol - if you’re that touchy over not being able to find a unicorn imagine what it’ll be like if we Brexit ?! 

Maybe we could  polish the Brexit turd into a unicorn using a combination of the below ?

1. It’s all shit that’s made up

2. its black and white

3. game over

4. Anazing. truly amazing

5. Somebody answer me !!!

6. You are the same poster as joe bloggs

7. game over

HOLA448
1 hour ago, BearsEye said:

Sorry cant sleep jetlag and drinking to get me to sleep which isn't working so couldn't resist replying.

What happens if you get a 2nd referendum and you lose that one? Or if you win that one and it makes it 1-1 do leave voters get another stab at it? Could you please answer both scenarios.

Remain had the entire establishment on their side last time, many foreign leaders (except Putin) got involved on your side and you still lost.

Quite why anyone would want another layer of politicians dictating their lives, or should i say a committee of appointed members which resembles the Chinese ruling party form of governance is something i will never understand. 

A referendum on the final deal would ensure that people knew what they were getting when they voted, it would also be an opportunity to ask the EU to agree a better remain deal - a FoM quota perhaps  

So if Leave still won then at least we would go into Brexit with our eyes open and with at least 50% of the country voting for it. If Remain won again we would have had an informed vote and presumably many ex leavers who were happy to have  had a chance to reconsider.

Assuming Brexit goes ahead we will have the choice of tying ourselves to either the EU or NAFTA trade blocks and accepting their laws, rules and regulations without any real say in setting them. I would rather be in the EU having an influential role in setting those rules (we are on the winning side in +95 of the contested votes) than outside still having to follow them order to have free trade.    

HOLA449

When we voted to leave, we did so knowing whose single market it was; knowing whose ECJ it was; and knowing where the legislation around freedom of movement of goods, some services, and people came from.

So we've already had our vote on whether we like the deal we're getting or not. Having said that, if the government wants to put an alternative deal in front of us, we could have a referendum on that one - I suppose. If the majority favour it then great let's go for it. If not then let's stick with the one we've already chosen.

HOLA4410
21 hours ago, frederico said:

So you would like another election during which the only thing being discussed is brexit, which Corbyn still won't win.

Assuming Corbyn can win would he run on a ticket of remain or brexit, if he did either would it help. I suspect he would run on promises of everything for everyone and he has already lost credibility on that with his tuition fee reversal.

So assuming you did get another election, May would run on a brexit ticket and try a lot harder than last time.

Do you really think Corbyn would get a majority and then do what you want.

I'd like a completely split parliament, which I think is what we'd get.  I'd then get brexit reversed which is also what I'd want.  I don't think that's too far away.

21 hours ago, Riedquat said:

"Majority" implies a greater difference than that, even though it's technically accurate. A less misleading statement would be "roughly 50%". Sure, the government could've reduced the amount significantly and didn't, which is why they're also a big part of the problem. Not being the entirety of a problem doesn't let someone or something off the hook for being part of it.

It's around 60-40, and thats no where near roughly 50% - Roughly 50% was the result of both sides of the referendum, funny how you consider it now.  But no, net migration is far larger with non EU citizens.

21 hours ago, Dave Beans said:

So what happens on the 30th March 2019?  We become a third country...

Unless we get an extension, which we will.

21 hours ago, Futuroid said:

I do hope that is ironic? 

You surely remember that DA WILL OV DA PEEEPLE spoke from the heavens with a 51.9% to 48.1% "majority" :lol:

Quite

10 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Even after speaking to quite a few rabid Leavers on my visits to Blackpool, you are the first person I have come across who seems to think students coming here to study is a bad thing.   

ccc isn't the brightest torch in the toolshed.  I thought we'd established this.

Edited by HairyOb1

HOLA4411
8 hours ago, BearsEye said:

If we had another referendum, and remain lost, I'd accept it, as this time we'd be well aware of the facts, not the myths peddled by leave.

If we won, I'd accept that as this time we'd be well aware of the facts, not the myths peddled by leave.

Would you?

I don't think so...

HOLA4412
42 minutes ago, blobloblob said:

When we voted to leave, we did so knowing whose single market it was; knowing whose ECJ it was; and knowing where the legislation around freedom of movement of goods, some services, and people came from.

So we've already had our vote on whether we like the deal we're getting or not. Having said that, if the government wants to put an alternative deal in front of us, we could have a referendum on that one - I suppose. If the majority favour it then great let's go for it. If not then let's stick with the one we've already chosen.

Well there you go, if you’ve had to be that selective in the first paragraph and all but contradicted yourself in the second...

HOLA4413
10 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

So here we have yet another thing completely made up by a remainer. 

You lot just can't help yourselves - can you ?

You made the point that students do not affect the net immigration figures. My response to that was to point out they still lived here and used resources even if it was only for X number of years. 

Where did I say students coming here was a bad thing ?

Oh wait a second. I didn't.

You just made that up. 

Incredible. It's non stop on this thread. Pure unadulterated ********. Never ending.

Incredible.

HOLA4414
43 minutes ago, blobloblob said:

The referendum was a 'negative vote' - it was a vote to get out of something - what it did not do was specify what the alterntive(S) would be, or if indeed there is even a viable alternative.

Therefore I consider that the referendum is just stage 1 of what should be a growth up process of making a decision.

I don't want this! -> so what options are there? -> which option is right for us?

I am suprised and baffled that anyone has an issue with the above logic.

It may be that there are no right options other than to stay in the EU (if indeed that is still an option), or it may emerge that there a number of options and it is then right to let parliament select the best one for us.

HOLA4415
8 hours ago, pig said:

lol - if you’re that touchy over not being able to find a unicorn imagine what it’ll be like if we Brexit ?! 

Maybe we could  polish the Brexit turd into a unicorn using a combination of the below ?

1. It’s all shit that’s made up

2. its black and white

3. game over

4. Anazing. truly amazing

5. Somebody answer me !!!

6. You are the same poster as joe bloggs

7. game over

I pointed out a remainer making stuff up - again - and you lot just can't cope with it.

Your lies and ******** are there for all to see. And I offered £10k of hard cash to prove me wrong. 

Please see above as well. I've just done similar with Confusion completely making stuff up again as well.

You lot can't help yourselves. Fantastic to watch. Delusion in action. 

A psychologist would have a field day. 

HOLA4416
1 minute ago, IMHAL said:

The referendum was a 'negative vote' - it was a vote to get out of something - what it did not do was specify what the alterntive(S) would be, or if indeed there is even a viable alternative.

Therefore I consider that the referendum is just stage 1 of what should be a growth up process of making a decision.

I don't want this! -> so what options are there? -> which option is right for us?

I am suprised and baffled that anyone has an issue with the above logic.

It may be that there are no right options other than to stay in the EU (if indeed that is still an option), or it may emerge that there a number of options and it is then right to let parliament select the best one for us.

Are you for real ? 

The alternative is to be outside the EU.

This was made clear even on the ballot sheet itself. 

Honestly this thread really has uncovered some folk with an amazing view of reality. 

What is the viable alternative :lol:

Wow.

HOLA4417

Hi

interesting nuance article: https://reaction.life/cant-brexiteers-accept-won/?utm_source=Web+Signup&utm_campaign=bc17a07551-Daily+Email+21%2F8&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_146710a7a1-bc17a07551-151055753 

"What did it mean? Brexit is happening. The agreement of phase one was a disaster – a complete disaster – for the two groups of extremists, that is the hardline Brexiteers and those persisting with the fantasy of stopping Brexit. The UK is leaving the EU, with compromises. The EU wants a deal. No deal, or hard Brexit, is a possibility but minus an earthquake it has become remote."

HOLA4418
41 minutes ago, ccc said:

So here we have yet another thing completely made up by a remainer. 

You lot just can't help yourselves - can you ?

You made the point that students do not affect the net immigration figures. My response to that was to point out they still lived here and used resources even if it was only for X number of years. 

Where did I say students coming here was a bad thing ?

Oh wait a second. I didn't.

You just made that up. 

Incredible. It's non stop on this thread. Pure unadulterated ********. Never ending.

Incredible.

You can pretend to hide amongst us with the pathetic jokey matey act, but for anyone smart enough they can read between your lines and know exactly what type of unsavoury character you are. Xenophobe doesn’t go far enough. 

Edited by ddd

HOLA4419

It would be somewhat ironic if Cameron who ran on a remain ticket and got a small majority did a better job of potentially achieving brexit than May who essentially ran on a brexit means brexit ticket and managed to lose seats despite a massive lead in the polls .

Personally I think brexit means brexit, I think it's sad that it had come to this, the EU should be a really good thing but that would mean Germany spreading some love which it isn't going to do.

I think there will be an economic shock but in the end the country will be better off.

No pain no gain as I think Major said or was it Maggie.

As it turns out, Major was probably one of our better leaders. Although he is ab remainer. 

I really don't like other people telling me I'm stupid and didn't know what I was voting for.

I just read that all the Tory rebels were either barristers or solicitors bar one.

I'm not sure I want those people telling me what I think.

HOLA4420

Grieve: barrister

Clarke: barrister

Soubry: barrister

Neill: barrister

Heald: barrister

Sandbach: barrister

Djanogly: solicitor

Morgan: solicitor

Hammond: banker

Wollaston: doctor

Allen: businesswoman

HOLA4421
1 hour ago, ccc said:

Are you for real ? 

The alternative is to be outside the EU.

This was made clear even on the ballot sheet itself. 

Honestly this thread really has uncovered some folk with an amazing view of reality. 

What is the viable alternative :lol:

Wow.

The old punch bag returneth.

Leaving is a negative vote - it does not provide an option or set of positive options to the British people.

I know that you know I am right! :rolleyes:

EDIT: It does show how out of touch with reality you are, when every man and his dog are trying to find a viable alternative, one that works for the country and you think that the question itself is funny/ridiculous. You live in a strange world.

Edited by IMHAL

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
1 hour ago, HairyOb1 said:

If we had another referendum, and remain lost, I'd accept it, as this time we'd be well aware of the facts, not the myths peddled by leave.

If we won, I'd accept that as this time we'd be well aware of the facts, not the myths peddled by leave.

Would you?

I don't think so...

You truly are a condescending individual, you seem to think you're some kind of enlightened voter but everyone else who voted the way you didn't is ignorant and gullible.

The myths that remain still peddle seem to be obsessed on what you wrongly claim was written on the side of a bus. You had the entire establishment peddling papers from the biased and utterly incompetent Treasury and BoE that were full of myths, fantasy and outright lies. Such as the property market would crash when the reality is your establishment heroes printed moremoney, dropped interest rates to make sure the opposite would happen.

Besides all of this, i believe the vast majority of the electorate had made up their mind long before the weeks of referendum debates, just as i have decided i will be voting for Corbyn at the next election as i believe his incompetence will lead to a greater chance of the property bubble being burst.

But your ilk will claim a vote for Corbyn who has been against the EU all his political life until he showed he has zero principle, will be a vote for remain.

HOLA4424
8 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

A referendum on the final deal would ensure that people knew what they were getting when they voted, it would also be an opportunity to ask the EU to agree a better remain deal - a FoM quota perhaps  

So if Leave still won then at least we would go into Brexit with our eyes open and with at least 50% of the country voting for it. If Remain won again we would have had an informed vote and presumably many ex leavers who were happy to have  had a chance to reconsider.

Assuming Brexit goes ahead we will have the choice of tying ourselves to either the EU or NAFTA trade blocks and accepting their laws, rules and regulations without any real say in setting them. I would rather be in the EU having an influential role in setting those rules (we are on the winning side in +95 of the contested votes) than outside still having to follow them order to have free trade.    

So if remain won, leave voters have got to accept the vote. 

It was crystal clear what we were voting on, leaving the single market and ECJ was made blatantly obvious by the then Prime Minister of all people.

To claim other wise is disingenuous at best. 

HOLA4425
1 hour ago, HairyOb1 said:

It's around 60-40, and thats no where near roughly 50% - Roughly 50% was the result of both sides of the referendum, funny how you consider it now.  But no, net migration is far larger with non EU citizens.

I've never said the referendum wasn't close enough to 50 - 50 to be regarded as anything else for the purposes of just about anything other than having to decide who won. "Opinion was split equally" gives the best impression of it.

Figures for EU vs non-EU, from 2015, from the ONS (so reasonably up to date for the time of the referendum) give 257 000 EU vs 273 000 rest of world, which is 48.5% - 51.5%.