House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
4 minutes ago, rollover said:

I'd say it fits on you and the way you see the Brexit. By now you should get more realistic and look at it from EU perspective as well.

...you don't get it ..do you...:rolleyes: ...I repeat....doh....:rolleyes:

.http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/revealed-how-we-pay-our-richest-landowners-millions-subsidies..there is a world outside the M25....:rolleyes:

" In addition, since the EU’s definition of “farmer” does not require individuals to actively produce food or other agricultural products, many recipients are, in effect, paid not to farm."

HOLA442
1 hour ago, HaveAniceDay said:

Do we hire most of our Doctors and nurses from within the EU?    Not the ones I have ever seen unless Asia has jumped onboard along with Cyprus recently..

It wasn't me going down the doctors and nurses angle. 

HOLA443
15 minutes ago, South Lorne said:

...you obviously live in a Londoncentric bubble ....here is an article which just touches on the issue ..http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/revealed-how-we-pay-our-richest-landowners-millions-subsidies..there is a world outside the M25....:rolleyes:

" In addition, since the EU’s definition of “farmer” does not require individuals to actively produce food or other agricultural products, many recipients are, in effect, paid not to farm."

The article covers the whole range of agricultural subsidies not the narrow point you made. Which I imagine referred to set aside where farmers are paid to leave land to nature.

This land is usually marginal in nature, relatively small in scale and helps keep the countryside looking like what people imagine it should. If anything we will probably have more of it post Brexit.  

HOLA444
2 minutes ago, South Lorne said:

...you don't get it ..do you...:rolleyes: ...I repeat....doh....:rolleyes:

You still didn't get it.

Has there ever been a negotiation where one party has gone in with a weaker position than the Brexiting United Kingdom?

Britain leaves the Brexit starting gate, limping badly. Prime Minister Theresa May launched her country’s retreat from the European Union on Wednesday with as much pomp as one can muster when undertaking an impossibly difficult task based on a staggeringly ill-advised decision. By Thursday, it was clear how weak her government’s negotiating position truly is.

Ms. May’s opening gambit was to request that the EU negotiate the terms of separation and a new free-trade arrangement at the same time. The response the next day was blunt: No.

In other words, first we take care of the people who will be disrupted by the potential loss of their right to live and work in any EU country, plus you pay us the £50-billion you owe based on your existing obligations, and maybe then we’ll talk about free trade.

Ms. May has nothing she can use to force the issue. All she’s got is a dubious mandate based on a weak referendum result – hardly something she can throw in the face of EU negotiators.

The EU is sitting pretty. It can wait while the clock on the two-year Brexit process runs down. With every week that passes, the U.K.’s position will become even weaker. theglobeandmail

HOLA445
16 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

That theory doesn't fit well with the forecasts in the run up to the vote, at the time all the talk was of moving towards ending QE and increasing interest rates.

The forecasts in the run up to the vote ? 

The same ones that's were completely wrong regarding the outcome ....

HOLA446
1 minute ago, Confusion of VIs said:

The article covers the whole range of agricultural subsidies not the narrow point you made. Which I imagine referred to set aside where farmers are paid to leave land to nature.

This land is usually marginal in nature, relatively small in scale and helps keep the countryside looking like what people imagine it should. If anything we will probably have more of it post Brexit.  

..the point was not narrow...but highlights the number of VI's and the complete waste of our tax money to people who should not be receiving  it ..."This land is usually marginal in nature"..try supporting this statement ...where do you get this nonsense,...?.....:rolleyes:

HOLA447
12 minutes ago, rollover said:

You still didn't get it.

you missed out the point of the post ...cheating does not work..without it the post makes no sense and was unfinished....:rolleyes:

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/revealed-how-we-pay-our-richest-landowners-millions-subsidies..there is a world outside the M25....:rolleyes:

Edited by South Lorne

HOLA448
HOLA449
3 minutes ago, South Lorne said:

...your quote is from a Canadian newspaper ...Canada is currently formalising trade deals with the EU......:rolleyes:

Just to show you how other countries see the Brexiting UK. And don't forget the UK need to do quickly trade deals with them.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
24 minutes ago, ccc said:

The forecasts in the run up to the vote ? 

The same ones that's were completely wrong regarding the outcome ....

I hate to use the term but that's fake news.

The polls in the run up to the vote were tight with some actually showing Leave ahead and overall  showed a small lead for remain. The actual result was within the margin for error, which is pretty good for a one off event such as a referendum.  

HOLA4412
12 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

The polls in the run up to the vote were tight with some actually showing Leave ahead and overall  showed a small lead for remain. The actual result was within the margin for error, which is pretty good for a one off event such as a referendum.  

Economist

20170401_brc935_595.png

HOLA4413

West Ham forum:

What will the impact of Brexit, specifically the free movement of labour laws, be on football in the UK? As I understand it the government's stance is that "highly skilled" workers will be allowed to work here in key industries where there are skill shortages which can't be filled by UK citizens. I know that's over simplification but I think it about covers it.

So is football a "key industry"? And are there skill shortages which will affect the UK economy if they can't be filled bu UK footballers?

I'm surprised the sports pages haven't given more column inches to this tbh. hammerschat

HOLA4414

For a bit light relief.

Below is the Daily Mails list of the laws they come at the top of the list to be repealed once we leave the EU

:lol::lol::lol: If that's the top I would love to see what they have at the bottom of the list. Or maybe that is the complete list :lol::lol::lol:

WHICH EU LAWS COULD BE DELETED IN FUTURE? 

While the Great Repeal Bill announced today does not directly remove any of the EU laws hated by Eurosceptics, it paves the way for their removal in future.

By making EU law into British law, Parliament will after March 2019 be allowed to re-write them at will.

Trouble making laws at the top of the list could be: 

• Working time rules that limit how many hours a person can legally work. This is a particular problem for training doctors and surgeons who need hours to perfect techniques. 
  • Legislation on household goods like toasters and vacuum cleaners. EU rules on energy efficiency capped the power of common devices to the irritation of consumers.
  • The ban on incandescent light bulbs. The EU banned traditional light bulbs, that use a heated filament, on the grounds they are bad for the environment - but many consumers feel energy saving ones are too dim.

Still shouldn't laugh.

Perhaps there are people who want to be operated on by tired surgeons, desire huge inefficient vacuum cleaners and whose life is disturbed by a vague feeling that energy saving lights are to dim (even the very bright ones).  

Edited by Confusion of VIs

HOLA4415
3 minutes ago, hotairmail said:

Fake news right there.

There are plenty of polls showing the complete opposite. That the result was only as close as it was because of the bent referendum - the Project Fear, leveraging the Jo Cox murder etc.

50% are happy to be invoking article 50 now with only 36% sad. Cameron is a case in point. He now doesn't really know why he was arguing for Remain.

So facts are now fake news.

You really have got the hang of this new post truth world.   

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
2 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

...you are naive ..polls are all about who asks the questions, the questions and who are asked ....most were designed in favour of remain....you use the term fake news because  that is what you use .....like many in the fear remain campaign before the democratic vote....you cannot rewrite history..we were there... .:rolleyes:

Edited by South Lorne

HOLA4418
55 minutes ago, hotairmail said:

You would make an interesting subject for a psychological inquiry.

Your "beliefs" are so strong and deeply held, I don't think you'll ever change them regardless of logic or the evidence of your eyes. What I do wonder though is how long a human can sustain grief for before moving on.

Not sure what strongly held beliefs you are referring to but maybe if you can produce a logical and evidence based argument we will find out.

In the meantime, I will just carry on enjoying myself picking holes in the incoherent and belief led posts that seem to be becoming increasingly prevalent on here.

HOLA4419
6 minutes ago, South Lorne said:

...you are naive ..polls are all about who asks the questions, the questions and who are asked ....most were designed in favour of remain....you use the term fake news because that is what you use ....like many in the fear remain campaign before the democratic vote..... .:rolleyes:

Speaking of incoherent belief led posts.  

HOLA4420
Guest TheBlueCat
3 hours ago, South Lorne said:

...your quote is from a Canadian newspaper ...Canada is currently formalising trade deals with the EU......:rolleyes:

I can't find the quote in this monster thread but, I'm assuming it was from the Toronto Star or possibly the Globe & Mail. It may come as a surprise to the rest of the world but we have left and right wing media here in the true North as well. E.g. for a different point of view try the National Post:

http://business.financialpost.com/fp-comment/lawrence-solomon-trump-and-brexit-make-the-eu-more-irrelevant-than-ever-and-europeans-have-had-enough

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
6 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

For a bit light relief.

Below is the Daily Mails list of the laws they come at the top of the list to be repealed once we leave the EU

:lol::lol::lol: If that's the top I would love to see what they have at the bottom of the list. Or maybe that is the complete list :lol::lol::lol:

Still shouldn't laugh.

Perhaps there are people who want to be operated on by tired surgeons, desire huge inefficient vacuum cleaners and whose life is disturbed by a vague feeling that energy saving lights are to dim (even the very bright ones).  

Think of all those lucky salaried employees who can soon be legally expected to work 80hour weeks. 

Surprised the DM didn't come with an incandescent 100w bulb taped to the cover on Thursday. It seems to mean so much to its followers. 

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
46 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

The tougher the EU behaves the more like a plutocratic bully it appears.

They aren't behaving "tough", they are simply following the path they set out at the outset (and that which is in Article 50).

From day one they have said the exit of the UK needs to be agreed first THEN trade talks happen.

From day one they have said you can't have access to the single market without freedom of movement.

The only place there seems to be any confusion over these matters is among Leave voters, and a few members of the British government.