House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441

Yes - according to EU rules - the thing we are leaving.

And this article has never been utilised.

You do realise we could just tell them to ram it ? They're not going to invade us ffs !!!

Or is that what these discussions regarding an EU army are all about :)

How does that help, its just the walk away with nothing option.

Also, is this part of your vision for the new UK - we just tear up any legal contracts we don't like.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Can someone answer a relatively easy question for me about the Noway model? Sorry if this has been covered before.

If this means all of the costs and rules of the EU but none of the influence, why does Norway prefer it and not join the EU?

There must be some logic to their position.

http://openeurope.org.uk/today/blog/what-would-a-norway-style-relationship-with-the-eu-entail/

HOLA445

Can someone answer a relatively easy question for me about the Noway model? Sorry if this has been covered before.

If this means all of the costs and rules of the EU but none of the influence, why does Norway prefer it and not join the EU?

There must be some logic to their position.

Because they're all racist bigoted boomers, obviously!

Trust me, you've barely stepped off the plane in Oslo, and already the Norwegian airport workers are shouting "F*** off back to your own country!" at you.

PS sorry for the flippant answer. Couldn't resist.

HOLA446

I'm generally in favour of a points based system for immigration. I've seen the state of Page Hall in Sheffield when several thousand unemployables move to an area en masse, along with their families, But much of this kind of immigration would be rendered pointless is you couldn't just move here, get an unskilled minimum wage job that pays little tax, and then proceed to plunder the British state for tens of thousands of £ worth of health, education, housing, tax credits, etc. annually. Fixing Brown's tax benefits system 5 years ago would probably have kept us in the EU now..

HOLA447

Samuel Tombs ‏@samueltombs

The EU won't compromise. But pub. opinion will change as economy falters. A 2nd ref would yield a different response

CmGkTFlWgAAisGh.jpg

Maybe but like i keep saying.... If the UK goes into a steep recession then the entire EU will also go into recession.Can the EU hold together with more austerity measures imposed, can the EU banks hold together, riots in Europe? We cannot predict any outcome of a referendum at this stage as the EU may be in a worse position than the UK.

HOLA448

I'm generally in favour of a points based system for immigration. I've seen the state of Page Hall in Sheffield when several thousand unemployables move to an area en masse, along with their families, But much of this kind of immigration would be rendered pointless is you couldn't just move here, get an unskilled minimum wage job that pays little tax, and then proceed to plunder the British state for tens of thousands of £ worth of health, education, housing, tax credits, etc. annually. Fixing Brown's tax benefits system 5 years ago would probably have kept us in the EU now..

...I've yet to see a points based system anywhere in the world that actually lowers immigration.. We currently use it for non EU citizens, and that number is higher than the open borders we have for eu citizens.

HOLA449

...I've yet to see a points based system anywhere in the world that actually lowers immigration.. We currently use it for non EU citizens, and that number is higher than the open borders we have for eu citizens.

The objective of a points based system is quality control. It would go a long way to preventing 10,000 Roma benefits farmers descending on an a place like Page Hall in Sheffield. The actual numbers that come in are in the control of the sovereign country administering it, not the likes of 'we can do it' Merkel or a committee of EU apparatchiks.

HOLA4410

Maybe but like i keep saying.... If the UK goes into a steep recession then the entire EU will also go into recession.Can the EU hold together with more austerity measures imposed, can the EU banks hold together, riots in Europe? We cannot predict any outcome of a referendum at this stage as the EU may be in a worse position than the UK.

I dont think so.

But then Ive been arguing for germany to be forced to change tack or be ejected from EZ for last 5 years.

Italy looks like potential proximate catalyst.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

How does that help, its just the walk away with nothing option.

Also, is this part of your vision for the new UK - we just tear up any legal contracts we don't like.

We walk away with nothing ? How exactly would that happen ? So you think if we said we are now going to do what is in the best interests of our country - and we don't think article 50 is great and we are leaving anyway so lets get down to business and sort this out as quickly as possible in the interests of all - we would walk away with NO agreements on ANYTHING at all ?

Jeez - as others have already said - the hysteria about this entire thing is quite ridiculous.

If we want to walk away with a good deal for the UK we will - if we don't - we won't. Its extremely simple in that regards.

A couple of countries may cut their nose off to spite their faces ? So be it. The vast majority will not - thats pretty clear for all to see.

HOLA4413

Nice graph. Any idea what caused the immigration to become much bigger issue in 2013? Is that a result of 2013 local election campaign?

Im not sure. Was it when Labour started to talk about it? ISIS? SYRIA?

HOLA4414

You're not being serious are you ?

Open up Australia and Canada to 504 million people tomorrow - and I think you will see your answer within about 72 hours. If that.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

What happened next was a vocal minority of the population threw their toys out of the pram.

Nailed it.

The vast majority of remain voters I have read on here are wanting us just to get on with it and to stop this 'sore loser' attitude.

Same with any remain voters I have spoken to in person about this. Many - whilst wanting us to remain - were not particularly bothered by it at all.

HOLA4417

Nice graph. Any idea what caused the immigration to become much bigger issue in 2013? Is that a result of 2013 local election campaign?

Eh?

Daily newspapers, Mr Farage and his ilk, all constantly SCAREMONGERING and pandering of the general electorates prime emotions.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=express+front+pages+refugees&rlz=1C1CAFB_enGB665GB665&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwic1Nva6szNAhWDIsAKHVcPCsEQsAQIKg&biw=1366&bih=667

A meltdown in the Middle East and North Africa... ie; Tony Blair / George Bush style 'regime changes'.

UK with record arms deals to despotic ME regimes, who in turn pour them into places like Syria for fundamentalist monkeys to go blow up schools, hospitals, markets, etc... and with the 'terrible EU' fighting to embargo any arms transactions to these fvcknuts.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/25/david-cameron-brilliant-uk-arms-exports-saudi-arabia-bae

Saying the EU is to blame, yes...to a degree. But follow the money. Right to #10.

Oh yeah. And a serious lack of constructive debate on tele by informed and educated persons who actually have some integrity.

In other words, smoke and mirrors.

Edited by cashinmattress

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

People have woken up. I don't give a flying ****** if someone calls me racist. I'm married to an immigrant, many of my friends are immigrants. They know how i voted and I've explained why. All of my friends who have immigrant wives voted out as well. Are they racist too?

It's not about how you personally voted, it's about white British people telling black/indian/pakistani/etc people to get out. As if the EU is responsible for UK taking in those people. After the vote a lot of racists came out of the woodwork and they're targeting both other whites (e.g. Polish, EE) and people with the wrong skin colour regardless if they are British or not. And right now this is the picture of the UK which is reported by every other country.

Treating people differently based purely on skin colour is pretty much the definition of racism, and all the loonies took the referendum results as official permission to do that in public. If you google racism now you get a few dictionary definitions and all other links on the first page are about the UK. Just because you disagree it's racist doesn't mean the rest of the world is buying it.

And on top of all that, you have memes painting the UK as being full of hypocrites https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/10637001.jpg ( *Colonise half of the world* *Complain about immigration* ). And TV programmes saying about Farage's "independence day" speech that "Britain is what most countries celebrate their independence from".

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Eh?

Daily newspapers, Mr Farage and his ilk, all constantly SCAREMONGERING and pandering of the general electorates prime emotions.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=express+front+pages+refugees&rlz=1C1CAFB_enGB665GB665&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwic1Nva6szNAhWDIsAKHVcPCsEQsAQIKg&biw=1366&bih=667

A meltdown in the Middle East and North Africa... ie; Tony Blair / George Bush style 'regime changes'.

UK with record arms deals to despotic ME regimes, who in turn pour them into places like Syria for fundamentalist monkeys to go blow up schools, hospitals, markets, etc... and with the 'terrible EU' fighting to embargo any arms transactions to these fvcknuts.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/25/david-cameron-brilliant-uk-arms-exports-saudi-arabia-bae

Saying the EU is to blame, yes...to a degree. But follow the money. Right to #10.

Oh yeah. And a serious lack of constructive debate on tele by informed and educated persons who actually have some integrity.

In other words, smoke and mirrors.

You are right but my question was about a specific few months at beginning of 2013 when the perception of the immigration as a problem jumped from 20% to 40%.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Treating people differently based purely on skin colour is pretty much the definition of racism, and all the loonies took the referendum results as official permission to do that in public. If you google racism now you get a few dictionary definitions and all other links on the first page are about the UK. Just because you disagree it's racist doesn't mean the rest of the world is buying it.

And if people are stupid enough to draw idiotic conclusions like the referendum is responsible for racism or is official permission for it then that's their problem, anyone that thick isn't worth talking to anyway.

And on top of all that, you have memes painting the UK as being full of hypocrites https://cdn.meme.am/...0x/10637001.jpg ( *Colonise half of the world* *Complain about immigration* ). And TV programmes saying about Farage's "independence day" speech that "Britain is what most countries celebrate their independence from".

Ditto with that. You'd have to be pretty brainless to call that hypocracy since the people who colonised half the world aren't the same people entirely rightlfully complaining about immigration now. The former are dead for starters. Quite how the people who draw such conclusions manage to go far enough to get up and tie their shoelaces to go out to talk to someone, or find the button to turn their phone or computer on, is the only question that raises.

Edited by Riedquat

HOLA4424

A formal meeting between Switzerlands chief negotiator and the European Union was cancelled Monday as EU representatives focused on fall-out from British voters' decision to leave the EU. Bilateral relations with Switzerland following the so-called Brexit vote are not a top priority.

Following Swiss voters decision in February 2014 to limit immigration from the EU, Switzerland has been waiting to hold difficult negotiations over quotas and bilateral treaties. EU officials had decided to postpone those talks until the results of the Brexit vote.

Not sure that was a good move by the EU

Foreign Minister Didier Burkhalter sees a window for Switzerland to solve its issues with the EU after the Brexit vote, as he told the Schweiz am Sonntag.

The EU and Switzerland should together have the courage to find a mutually acceptable and legally secure solution, he said, adding that Switzerland could become a sort of test laboratory for the EUs coming negotiations with Britain.

An important test case for the UK

Edit: Link. http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/tough-negotiations_swiss-eu-meeting-put-on-ice-after-brexit-vote/42255084

Edited by Quicken

HOLA4425

It's not about how you personally voted, it's about white British people telling black/indian/pakistani/etc people to get out. As if the EU is responsible for UK taking in those people. After the vote a lot of racists came out of the woodwork and they're targeting both other whites (e.g. Polish, EE) and people with the wrong skin colour regardless if they are British or not. And right now this is the picture of the UK which is reported by every other country.

And on top of all that, you have memes painting the UK as being full of hypocrites https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/10637001.jpg ( *Colonise half of the world* *Complain about immigration* ). And TV programmes saying about Farage's "independence day" speech that "Britain is what most countries celebrate their independence from".

It is anecdotal, but talking to people and not by listening to the s**t spouted by msm, my take is that people are seeing through the propaganda and there decisions to vote leave were not based a a racist premise but on seeing what is really happening through globalist, multinational corporations, take the transatlantic trade agreement for example. They know what the score is, however the msm want to spin it. And yes you will always get the thick, uneducated idiot kicking off, but so as it ever was.