House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikhail Liebenstein

Sky News - Farage Appears To Concede

The result was unlikely to be leave. If they thought that the question would never be asked.

Indeed, it will just put the EU under more scrutiny which was my only realistic goal.

Ultimately though, they can't beat reality. Sooner or later their political-engineering will have a structural defect and the whole edifice will come crashing down.

I just hoped we'd be away from ground zero...

I doubt it. Even if it's a Leave, there is an awful long way to drive it through in the way you want.

We could see the Labour heartland vote collapse tonight. A UKIP that puts another referendum in its manifesto could do very well in future England & Wales elections.

We could see the Labour heartland vote collapse tonight. A UKIP that puts another referendum in its manifesto could do very well in future England & Wales elections.

The electorate is being replaced with one more favourable to the elites. This was a one time only opportunity.

Politicians fuggling around kissing and making up, hoping their careers and their parties can get back to business as usual.

The electorate will not be feeling the same after such a bitter and divisive campaign with the entire force of the state and establishment on one side with quite frankly some disgusting manoeuvres.

It will take some time for them to wake up and smell the coffee....either way.

Yep, I was just thinking the same thing.

That Tory lady just now on the BBC started to do the typical Tory vengance thing until the UKIP guy did the huggy thing and she was forced to moderate her views.

This could make people far less tolerant of migrants - especially if they feel migrant groups in places like London and Birmingham turn the vote in favour of remain. People could feel even more threatened that they are being pushed out of their own country.

The Scottish thing will be interesting also.

The electorate is being replaced with one more favourable to the elites. This was a one time only opportunity.

Yep. By any future referendum the 'real' British will be a smaller percentage of the people living here.

Gibraltar is interesting. Looks like a 90% vote for remain.

So they want to be in the EU but want to be part of the UK and not art of Spain. Next time I hear them wingeing about the Spanish I am going to, Nelson pun coming up, turn a blind eye to them.

Gibraltar is interesting. Looks like a 90% vote for remain.

That's to be expected. If the UK left the EU they would have to pay customs duties everytime they pop over to Spain for a shopping trip (which they probably do on an almost daily basis).

Anything less than 95% remain should be considered a victory in Gibraltar. A leave vote is going to make things really difficult for most of the population unless some sort of local agreement can be sorted out.

I doubt it. Even if it's a Leave, there is an awful long way to drive it through in the way you want.

As we have voted to leave I fully expect another vote. It wasn't really a clear victory as near 50% want to remain.

The real politics begins.

As we have voted to leave I fully expect another vote. It wasn't really a clear victory as near 50% want to remain.

The real politics begins.

Looks like Corbyn's pushing for clear movement towards exit.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I had written it off, I felt it was lost. Today was going to be googling emigration opportunities in Aus / NZ.

I didn't want to hear the news and Cameron crowing.

What an absolutely brilliant day!