House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Migrant Mother

Aibu To Think Remain Will Win Due Women's Votes?

I lurk on mumsnet and other womens forums.

They seem mostly for remain.

I think women vote less cynically than men and so are more easily manipulated.

Mumsnet has been heavily pro Remain.

As I posted last week my account was deleted after I posted a reasoned post arguing why we should leave the EU. Just deleted my post and my account.

Ironically, they had some live web chats with the Leave leading ladies. Perhaps hedging their bets.

They were pumping out loads of pro EU tweet links in the last few weeks.

I lurk on mumsnet and other womens forums.

They seem mostly for remain.

I think women vote less cynically than men and so are more easily manipulated.

That's bo££ocks. Stupid women, like stupid men, are easily manipulated. Intelligent women can think for themselves, discount the propaganda and crap the politicians are grinding out, and come to a reasoned, researched decision.

Yes, I know I bit, but I'm sick and tired of the sweeping statements made at times about women. Most are stupid. (The statements, not the Women). I voted OUT, after much research and consideration.

That's bo££ocks. Stupid women, like stupid men, are easily manipulated. Intelligent women can think for themselves, discount the propaganda and crap the politicians are grinding out, and come to a reasoned, researched decision.

Yes, I know I bit, but I'm sick and tired of the sweeping statements made at times about women. Most are stupid. (The statements, not the women. )

Yes, lots of my female friends have voted Leave.

Although, admittedly, several of them kept their mouths shut when I was being laid into by a group of my media friends.

Interesting letter to the latest edition of private eye. Its from a member of the "muslim womens network" that campaigns against marital violence, particularly in the muslim community, the letter thanks private eye for publicising their existance. The letter goes own to say that they have tried lobbying the labour party, but they arent interested only in the support of male muslim leaders they do not want to annoy. They tried lobbying various feminist organisations, they werent interested- scared of being labelled islamophobic etc.

ironic that this PC nonsense is actually justifying far worse abuse of muslim people that would happen with out it....

Yes, I know I bit, but I'm sick and tired of the sweeping statements made at times about women. Most are stupid. (The statements, not the Women). I voted OUT, after much research and consideration.

You see, we convinced you.

?

Yes, lots of my female friends have voted Leave.

Although, admittedly, several of them kept their mouths shut when I was being laid into by a group of my media friends.

I'm afraid I'm too much of a motormouth to keep it zipped when challenged. Though by now I ought to know better.

I'm afraid I'm too much of a motormouth to keep it zipped when challenged. Though by now I ought to know better.

Ditto.

My only regret is that, being stunned by their outburst, I did not point out that they were voting for something in the UK that Oz would never agree to - unlimited immigration.

Every under-35 woman I know is either far left or just doesn't think about politics. Those who wouldn't have thought about politics 5 years ago have in many cases started following the lefty ideas that have become mainstream.

The only right wing woman I know is a friend who lives in the bible belt of America. I do wonder where all the non-lefty women are.

No, I think that you're absolutely right :)

HPC suffers from having too many men. I believe that the discussions would be more interesting with more female viewpoints.

However - because there's so many men, there's a tendency to changing-room banter (e.g. "Would CCC?") which can scare off some women when they first see the forum.

Having the men on this forum knocked back every now and told to tone it down could help attract more posters. Which is always good.

Isn't one of the owners married to someone high up in Labour or something? Sure I read something about it.

If the harpies on there are Remain then I know I voted for the right side.

HPC suffers from having too many men. I believe that the discussions would be more interesting with more female viewpoints.

However - because there's so many men, there's a tendency to changing-room banter (e.g. "Would CCC?") which can scare off some women when they first see the forum.

Having the men on this forum knocked back every now and told to tone it down could help attract more posters. Which is always good.

Gender is a social construct!

:P

+1

The changing room banter is exactly that. Banter. We really don't want to follow the line of appeasement. But I would agree that more diverse views should be welcome. Deluded fat blokes on dating sites thread anyone? That would be worth a read.

The changing room banter is exactly that. Banter. We really don't want to follow the line of appeasement. But I would agree that more diverse views should be welcome. Deluded fat blokes on dating sites thread anyone? That would be worth a read.

I have felt for some time that dating site should cover both genders. I have posted a few times about some of the weird and downright dangerous men that female friends of mine have met via dating sites.

I'm so fearless I'm gonna wade in here. :D

Its not that women are stupid but that they tend to be more conformist.

In short, because...nature.

Every under-35 woman I know is either far left or just doesn't think about politics. Those who wouldn't have thought about politics 5 years ago have in many cases started following the lefty ideas that have become mainstream.

The only right wing woman I know is a friend who lives in the bible belt of America. I do wonder where all the non-lefty women are.

Here. ?

Thank you. You'd be surprised the number of times I write a strong riposte and decide not to post it in case I offend. That, I think is a female trait I don't mind admitting to!

You start the thread - I'll ignore it just like I ignore the deluded scrapper burds thread. ?

I'm so fearless I'm gonna wade in here. :D

Its not that women are stupid but that they tend to be more conformist.

In short, because...nature.

Sometimes they have to be. And that isn't just nature. In some cases it's how they were trained to be. (I'm speaking of my own generation here.)

Sometimes they have to be. And that isn't just nature. In some cases it's how they were trained to be. (I'm speaking of my own generation here.)

Perhaps.

Although, suppose we have a lot less free will than we think we have, and we do what we do, and then make up stories to justify what we do. The actions come first, the stories we tell ourselves, ever such a teeny little bit later. Such a teeny weeny little bit that it seems we did what we did because of the 'reasons' in our stories.

I did say women tend to be more conformist mind.

Perhaps.

Although, suppose we have a lot less free will than we think we have, and we do what we do, and then make up stories to justify what we do. The actions come first, the stories we tell ourselves, ever such a teeny little bit later. Such a teeny weeny little bit that it seems we did what we did because of the 'reasons' in our stories.

I did say women tend to be more conformist mind.

I noticed that. You didn't need my moderation - that time!!