House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

The Forum's Moved Back In Time!

There was a thread at 12:01 about the referendum today. I saw loads of replies from excited insomniacs waiting for 7am to go out and vote... and then all the replies disappeared.

Spooky!

Still. At least the thread is there.

Yes and the forum was down for me last night too,

I've just been down and voted at 7am been up all night.

My posts disappeared?

I can only assume that someone doesn't want people talking about the referendum or voting today ?

Yes and the forum was down for me last night too,

I've just been down and voted at 7am been up all night.

My posts disappeared?

I can only assume that someone doesn't want people talking about the referendum or voting today ?

Or somebody just restored the wrong back-up and it's too late to unpick it now.

There doesn't seem to have been any problem in talking about the referendum.

Think it is just the wrong back up. The internet is going to be full of forums and sites discussing the referendum today. People will just go elsewhere if they cannot discuss it here.

It's just rewound to 12.01am.

Is this Cameron's doing?

If we were gonna go back couldn't it have been to a better time like say 30th April 1997.

Strangest thing.

All day, when I have received an email notification of a post on this forum, clicking on the link brings a 'This forum is down for repairs etc.'

But, I still get email notifications and if |I click on my bookmark, the forum is up and running.

Strangest thing.

All day, when I have received an email notification of a post on this forum, clicking on the link brings a 'This forum is down for repairs etc.'

But, I still get email notifications and if |I click on my bookmark, the forum is up and running.

Just a guess - the "down for maintenance" page is a HTML page unlike the other dynamic pages (PHP in this case). Your browser caches those, or, the redirect to it. Going directly to a bookmark brings up the non-cached, fresh page.

If it's Internet Explorer, try tapping CTRL and F5 together.

If that doesn't work, clear your temporary files (not cookies, logins), shut the browser, then try the link again.