House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyguy

Ellie Buter Death - Heartbreak Gp Story

It is heart breaking.

I looked at the photos of her looking doting up at her dad. I watched the videos of her running and playing - showing off to her parents - and to think that she was murdered by him is truly shocking.

I have never wanted kids but I want to reach out and give her a hug. Words are not enough.

I would like to think that there would be some investigation into anger and why he is the way he is - in the hope that it might help others in the future - but nothing will be done.

Heartbreaking. Truly heartbreaking.

That judge really does have blood on her hands. Unfortunately I expect she sleeps like a baby at night.

Perhaps though given that the father had been exonerated of the previous violence against the child the judge had to look at the case from a point of view that discounted the previous case. However given the lack of interest in or contact with the child from the parents you might have thought the family court would not have returned the child to such parents. They've certainly done similar in the past with an awful lot less history/evidence.

I truly feel for the poor girl and her grandparents. Such a tragedy.

The GPs spent their life savings of £70k on legal fees, trying to get the child back.

I know it would be no consolation at all for losing the child, but I was wondering earlier how you'd go about setting up a fund to at least donate that cash. Maybe someone has already done it.

Shocking case. I thought I had a heart of stone but I was weeping at the end of the ITN report.

I would like to think that there would be some investigation into anger and why he is the way he is - in the hope that it might help others in the future - but nothing will be done.

He's a narcissistic sociopath. Well, psychopath actually. These devious characters pull performances worthy of an Oscar to deceive the courts - and indeed the ITV 'This Morning' team.

These people can't be helped because they don't acknowledge that they have a problem. Very dangerous people.

RIP Ellie.

I still dont understand what the previous case had to do with the continuing evidence.

I understand the Judge issued an order stating the man was exonerated in the previous case.

I dont understand how this stopped people looking at the new evidence as it presented, and looking at the likely suspect again...all I can think of is an ares covering box ticker thinking...no, not worth my while.

This would occur in a culture of blame and corpse climbing.

So it was the judge herself who issued the exoneration order. WTF!

It appears that the judge in question totally overstepped the mark and made an unwarranted order which tied the hands of all the agencies who didn't want the poor child returned to her parents.

Jesus wept.

So it was the judge herself who issued the exoneration order. WTF!

It appears that the judge in question totally overstepped the mark and made an unwarranted order which tied the hands of all the agencies who didn't want the poor child returned to her parents.

Jesus wept.

Family Courts....a law unto themselves

I still dont understand what the previous case had to do with the continuing evidence.

I understand the Judge issued an order stating the man was exonerated in the previous case.

I dont understand how this stopped people looking at the new evidence as it presented, and looking at the likely suspect again...all I can think of is an ares covering box ticker thinking...no, not worth my while.

This would occur in a culture of blame and corpse climbing.

The Family Court judgement essentially excluded Sutton Council social services from further involvement in the case. Justice Hoggs ruling handed the monitoring of the child over to two independent social worker employed by Services For Children an organisation outside of the control of the local authority. Both the council social workers and the grand parents took legal action to try to prevent Ellie being returned to her parents but we're overruled by the Family Courts. The Judges ruling was really quite extraordinary and one does wonder whether she can be allowed to continue to sit in judgment on such cases.

If there was any justice in the UK this killing, which was eminently preventable, should have been dominating the media this week not the murder of MP Jo Fox.

On edit - I note that Justice Hogg conveniently retired from the High Court just 6 days before the trial of Ben Butler commenced so she will be collecting a nice fat pension while Ellies grand parents have lost both their grandchild and £70,000.

Justice Hogg retired very shortly afterwards

Yes so I noticed. She took the money and ran just 6 days before Ben Butler came to trial. The case highlights the fact that despite the 2014 reforms the Family Courts are still far from transparent.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/21/ellie-butler-family-courts-opened-public-scrutiny-judges

Secret justice is no justice at all.

You would hope their would be a public enquiry into this failure but one suspects there will just be the usual round of establishment **** covering.

The GPs spent their life savings of £70k on legal fees, trying to get the child back.

I know it would be no consolation at all for losing the child, but I was wondering earlier how you'd go about setting up a fund to at least donate that cash. Maybe someone has already done it.

The grandmother died just before the start of the trial. I don't think getting his £70k back is going to make the poor grandfather feel any better. You could maybe set up a collection for a child protection charity in the kid's name?

Albeit that the actions of Justice Hogg do seem rather extraordinary, it's as well to remember that the Family Courts seem to get a lot more criticism for unjustly separating children from their parents than they do for failing to protect them; in fact I can't think of a precedent to this awful case, it usually seems to be social services who are held to be to blame for the death of a child. The family court system clearly needs reform though, the current system of obsessive secrecy seems to be in nobody's interest.

The Family Court judgement essentially excluded Sutton Council social services from further involvement in the case. Justice Hoggs ruling handed the monitoring of the child over to two independent social worker employed by Services For Children an organisation outside of the control of the local authority. Both the council social workers and the grand parents took legal action to try to prevent Ellie being returned to her parents but we're overruled by the Family Courts. The Judges ruling was really quite extraordinary and one does wonder whether she can be allowed to continue to sit in judgment on such cases.

If there was any justice in the UK this killing, which was eminently preventable, should have been dominating the media this week not the murder of MP Jo Fox.

On edit - I note that Justice Hogg conveniently retired from the High Court just 6 days before the trial of Ben Butler commenced so she will be collecting a nice fat pension while Ellies grand parents have lost both their grandchild and £70,000.

Im not sure how a judges ruling can actually prevent the safeguarding duty each and every person has these days, let alone one enshrined in a councils legal duty.

I expect that they ran into the violent psycho whenever a questioning voice was raised.