House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CunningPlan

Heathrow Pod Parking

Had to fly to Glasgow for the day yesterday so used the Pod parking at T5

This has to be the future for city travel

Really a human size scalextric set that whistles along. All computer controlled so I assume they can follow whichever track they want (at the terminal you can select 2 different destination)

I would also assume they can run pretty close to each other without fear of crashing.

I can envisage a route from Waterloo to the West End or the City would be very popular. Has to be more effective and more trustworthy than self drive vehicles?

Does however mean that there are a lot of bus drivers that didn't get a very boring job at T5 shuffling passengers about.

Basically these things:

640_heathrow-pods.jpg

Saw the pods in the short term car park and wondered what they were. Kind of freaky when you're not expecting it and suddenly these things. Takes a lot to impress my ice-cool kids but they were all over these.