House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Highway to Hell

Convoy To Calais

Saw a few cars heading down the A2 yesterday with flags that couldn't recognise. Given the Euros, though it was football fans at first.

At first couldn't see what they said (heading in the other direction) but caught one saying "Refugees Welcome". Turns out they were heading to this:

http://www.standuptoracism.org.uk/2016/05/convoy-calais-refugees-welcome-saturday-18th-june/

Am so glad that the term "virtue signalling" has become collectively understood, because before then, there wasn't really a nice phrase to summarise what this actually is. (or if there was, I didn't know it)

Quietly doing good without fan-fare or the promotion of self? No. Making as much noise as possible about a) what a fantastic human being you are and B) how anyone off-message just isn't.

From the entirely anecdotal perspective, seemed to be almost entirely white guys; late 40's plus, beards, driving hyundai / kias. Not scientific observation at all, but my thought.

Saw a few cars heading down the A2 yesterday with flags that couldn't recognise. Given the Euros, though it was football fans at first.

At first couldn't see what they said (heading in the other direction) but caught one saying "Refugees Welcome". Turns out they were heading to this:

http://www.standuptoracism.org.uk/2016/05/convoy-calais-refugees-welcome-saturday-18th-june/

Am so glad that the term "virtue signalling" has become collectively understood, because before then, there wasn't really a nice phrase to summarise what this actually is. (or if there was, I didn't know it)

Quietly doing good without fan-fare or the promotion of self? No. Making as much noise as possible about a) what a fantastic human being you are and B) how anyone off-message just isn't.

From the entirely anecdotal perspective, seemed to be almost entirely white guys; late 40's plus, beards, driving hyundai / kias. Not scientific observation at all, but my thought.

I think that may be stereotyping, but where are the V8s?

I think that may be stereotyping, but where are the V8s?

The rally is banned in France...they are not wanted there either.

The rally is banned in France...they are not wanted there either.

The French government has woken up to the International lunatic left after they tried to kill two policeman in Paris by firing a boat flare into their police car. They have a yank Trotskyite in jail as we speak.

At the end, as the policeman escapes, you see another protester with a grey woolen cap who helped his colleague escape from the car who asks the policeman if he is ok. There is a very violent, lunatic fringe, mixed in with any protest movement at the moment. A lot of Brits and Germans amongst them. When a number of police have been killed on the streets over the last year it is a very sensitive topic at the moment.

The worst kind of scum. Pious scum who want to tell others how to get into heaven.

I read that this mob were threatening to drive to London and dump some of the aid on the steps of the Foreign Office yesterday, after being halted at Dover.

I saw a Tweet from Cobyn about it too, something about a "ray of light at the end of a dark week" or something.

Are they going to house and feed a couple of 'refugees' too? Maybe let them have a fiddle with the daughters...

Sure. Just not their house. Or their daughters.