House Price Crash Forum

Ancestry Dna Kits - A Great Gift For Father's Day....

Battenberg

HOLA441

....Or to hunt down that criminal.

http://dna.ancestry.co.uk

I've seen this advertised the other day. You can now send your saliva off for testing and discover more about your ethnicity.

I'm really not confident that this would remain solely in the hands of one company.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

....Or to hunt down that criminal.

http://dna.ancestry.co.uk

I've seen this advertised the other day. You can now send your saliva off for testing and discover more about your ethnicity.

I'm really not confident that this would remain solely in the hands of one company.

When Germany invaded the Netherlands, the Nazis found the extensive records of ethnicity held by the Dutch government to be very useful.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

What about a paternity test kit.

I hadn't thought of that but then I would have thought that the men who want the results of those tests have more to lose or gain depending on their feelings on the outcome.

The only reason I linked it about Fathers Day is because that's what they're pushing today what with it being FD tomorrow, however the advert was for all and sundry to be able to see their connections across the globe.

I just wonder how popular this sort of thing would be and how the majority of people wouldn't think anything of sending their saliva off for testing and storing In a database over which they have no control.

I've clearly been on here too long.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

What about a paternity test kit.

My girlfriend did one of these DNA tests last year. Based on the connections it showed to other people around the world, she suspects she's tracked down the woman one of her relatives said he may have knocked up when he was in Europe during WWII :). Also, it looks like one of her relatives... may not be.

HOLA4418

Happy story from DNA testing kits - one of my mates work colleagues was adopted from a country with no records. She found her birth mother after he mothers sister daughter used the service and they had both opted in for the 'link me' sharing of data.

Turns out the mother had been searching for her daughter for years. Cue tears all round :)

HOLA4419

The problem with genetic tests is that the results may affect your future insurability, and perhaps more worringly, the insurability of your relatives. Iirc, in some countries (I don't know about the UK at present) insurers request that you inform them of any genetic testing you have had, or that your close relatives have had. Failure to disclose may invalidate your policy etc. etc., and you just know this is only going to get worse over time.

HOLA4420

The problem with genetic tests is that the results may affect your future insurability, and perhaps more worringly, the insurability of your relatives. Iirc, in some countries (I don't know about the UK at present) insurers request that you inform them of any genetic testing you have had, or that your close relatives have had. Failure to disclose may invalidate your policy etc. etc., and you just know this is only going to get worse over time.

Correct.

I'm going to have it done in country A, knowing that we'll be moving back to Australia in the fullness of time and the odds of any linking will be minimal. Gives me knowledge without having to give up privacy.

HOLA4421

So these things test for genetic diseases? I thought it was just about ancestry?

HOLA4422

So these things test for genetic diseases? I thought it was just about ancestry?

Yes it does - but ancestry tells you a lot about which diseases you are more or less vulnerable to.

I've seen copies of mates printouts, and they say stuff like 54% more likely to contract cancer if a smoker, etc etc. In fact, did you know that there are medicines that only work well for specific races and not others?

It really underlines that blood matters, and racial differences do exist. More facts that show the left/SJW to be to ******** it is.

HOLA4423

Yes it does - but ancestry tells you a lot about which diseases you are more or less vulnerable to.

I've seen copies of mates printouts, and they say stuff like 54% more likely to contract cancer if a smoker, etc etc. In fact, did you know that there are medicines that only work well for specific races and not others?

It really underlines that blood matters, and racial differences do exist. More facts that show the left/SJW to be to ******** it is.

Get outa here with your hatefacts! :P

To be honest, I just wouldn't bother telling the insurance company. The chances are small of them finding out about a test and being allowed access to the results.

HOLA4424

Archived