House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LC1

Neighbour's House Just Sold - 2 Offers Over Asking Price!

One of the nicer parts of Cardiff. A 3-bed terrace with modest patio garden. It was on the market for about a week. I knew they would have no problem selling, but I thought the asking price was kite flying. Shows what I know.

meanwhile my neighbour can't shift theirs. > 50 viewings, 2 offers deemed too low (don't know what but under 90% of asking).

OK area but with very good schools. Outer west London (TW).

My ndn sold there's for £310,000 and they bought it for £80,000 in late 90s. SW London. They had seriously done nothing, it still had single glazed windows with top louvers ?

The new ndn have already spent a bomb on top of the purchase updating (and making it more like those lovely places in Clapham they couldn't afford ?)

If the market tanks it's really going to hurt these ones.

meanwhile my neighbour can't shift theirs. > 50 viewings, 2 offers deemed too low (don't know what but under 90% of asking).

OK area but with very good schools. Outer west London (TW).

I guess it's true what they say about the London ripple. Coming to a HPI mad town near you (one hopes/presumes).

Same thing just happened in my area [Kirkby, Liverpool]... 4 bedroom house was up for £84,500 sold for £90,000

2 houses have sold near me, 60s semi's, the new owners are currently spending money like it's gone out of fashion improving them / altering them to their own taste.

Now I'm older and wiser I view it as a complete waste of time and money especially as both houses were in good sound order.

Did the whole B&Q thing 20 years ago and quickly realised everything they sold was poor quality tat that lasted about 5 years.

I guess it's true what they say about the London ripple. Coming to a HPI mad town near you (one hopes/presumes).

+1

Sold (STR) my house in Derbyshire in Oct 2014, got £125k (asking price was £128k) which was the first and only offer I had for it after 7 months on the market, I thought I'd done very well given how slow and stagnant my local market had been for years previously with little sign of anything changing.

Barely 6 months later in May 2015 the next door house came on the market, slightly smaller and in considerably worse condition than my old house.. Asking price of £149k accepted an offer of £146k after only one week on the market.

No stomach for business, clearly. I told them they were making the biggest mistake of their lives, but you can't tell some people.

One of the nicer parts of Cardiff. A 3-bed terrace with modest patio garden. It was on the market for about a week. I knew they would have no problem selling, but I thought the asking price was kite flying. Shows what I know.

Will you let us know when it comes back on to the market later this week?

Not interested in buying, just interested in post-Brexit relistings.

Thanks