House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

200p

Getting Your Hose Stuck, And Calling The Fire Brigade

Happened to you?

A FAMILY was stuck at a Hampshire service station for three hours – because a petrol nozzle got stuck in their fuel tank.

The family of four had to call out Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service after trying for three hours to pull the fuel nozzle from the car at Sutton Scotney services.

The petrol station on the A34 was unable to help them and the family didn’t have breakdown cover for their Renault Espace.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/14560920._Embarrassed__family_call_firefighters___because_a_petrol_nozzle_got_stuck_in_their_car_s_fuel_tank/

:wacko:

“The garage said they wouldn’t help because it the fault was with their car, not with their petrol pump,” he said.

“The AA said they’d have to pay a fee to join and they wouldn’t necessarily be able to do anything. As a last resort they called us.”

We certainly pull together when the going gets tough too.

Seeing the title, I thought it was going down the double entendre route! :blink:

No breakdown cover on a Renault ? Risky! :lol:

Seeing the title, I thought it was going down the double entendre route! :blink:

No mean feat still having an Espace on the road at all.

Wonder if they were trying to put diesel in a petrol. The petrol station might have got a whole lot more helpful if they'd proposed driving off to remove the stuck nozzle.

My Uncle had a 1984 Renault Double Entendre. He was always getting his nozzle stuck in it, but he learnt to apply LM grease beforehand. My Aunt preferred Vaseline.

The petrol station on the A34 was unable to help them and the family didn’t have breakdown cover for their Renault Espace.

At that point they should have said "fine," and just driven the car away.

Hmmm... it's all a bit too neat and convenient, isn't it?

The powers that be want us to convert to electric cars, and suddenly this patsy French vehicle 'gets a nozzle stuck'. When did you last hear of this happening?

Nothing like this ever happens by chance, there has to be a sinister agenda.

Stay with petrol and get your nozzle stuck, is the subliminal Freudian message from the NWO electric car global conspirators.

Never, ever, take a story at face value. It doesn't work that way.

The powers that be want us to convert to electric cars, and suddenly this patsy French vehicle 'gets a nozzle stuck'. When did you last hear of this happening?

Stay with petrol and get your nozzle stuck, is the subliminal Freudian message from the NWO electric car global conspirators.

I fully anticipate, in future, an under-resourced DVLA being unable to cope with eye test result checking for old codgers resulting in thousands of half-blind drivers on the road. Youngsters waved through driving tests too.

When this happens you'll know they're on the verge of forcing driverless cars upon us all. 2019 is the date I've heard for the first introduction of them so be on guard from then onwards.

It's even worse than that. This is clearly a false flag operation by the Leave campaign to tarnish the reputation of our closest European neighbours' motor industry.

I think the problem boils down to technique.

My Aunt and Uncle took different approaches. There was a flange around where you filled her up, and my Uncle would always ensure it was well lubricated.

My Aunt preferred to reverse slowly onto the nozzle to ensure a comfortable fit. She would also demand regular servicing, usually by a strapping young man at KwikFit. If things got stuck, she would insist upon being attended by the Fire Brigade.